Poll

What kind of gamer are you?

Retro (Gamecube or anything before)
2 (20%)
Modern/competititve (anything after Gamecube)
0 (0%)
Both
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 08, 2016, 07:08:58 AM

Author Topic: What kind of gamer are you?  (Read 3769 times)

Offline TGT

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
What kind of gamer are you?
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:08:58 AM »

are you retro or modern?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:48:33 AM by TGT »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Presidential election poll
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »
Hi TGT,

Seems like your post means well, but there's a long-standing rule of no political discussion on the forums.  Just FYI for when/if you see this post locked.

Offline TGT

• View Profile
Re: NO SUBJECT
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »
Thank you. I'll change it immediately.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 12:17:27 PM »
What is considered retro? If I'm still playing GameCube games and GBA games or DS and Wii games is that retro? Am I modern if I play current 3DS games but also play GB games from the Virtual Console on the system? I personally think I'm a mixed gaming ethnicity. I play new and old all the time.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
I am a gamer. I play retro games, modern games, old school games, PC games, cell phone games, tabletop D&D games, Magic the Gathering, console games, portable game & watch type games, Pong games, you name it I play it. Arcade games. But most of the modern games I play are retro-esque to me or have a retro feel.

However I do not play competitive games or online games. I just don't invest enough time to get good enough to compete with other people and I hate the smack talk that goes with online gaming.

As for political, not sure what it was before but, hey take a chance the rules are bendy around here anyways. Trust me on this. ;)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »
Both, so didn't pick any.
Made you look ****.

Offline TGT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:50:38 PM »
What is considered retro? If I'm still playing GameCube games and GBA games or DS and Wii games is that retro? Am I modern if I play current 3DS games but also play GB games from the Virtual Console on the system? I personally think I'm a mixed gaming ethnicity. I play new and old all the time.

The Gamecube or anything before that (because the DS lasted until 2010 and beyond)

Offline TGT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 10:03:47 PM »
I am a gamer. I play retro games, modern games, old school games, PC games, cell phone games, tabletop D&D games, Magic the Gathering, console games, portable game & watch type games, Pong games, you name it I play it. Arcade games. But most of the modern games I play are retro-esque to me or have a retro feel.

However I do not play competitive games or online games. I just don't invest enough time to get good enough to compete with other people and I hate the smack talk that goes with online gaming.

As for political, not sure what it was before but, hey take a chance the rules are bendy around here anyways. Trust me on this. ;)

I've had similar experiences in other places with political polls and stuff like that, but I wasn't so lucky  :-\ . Because of this I don't really think it's worth it to take my chances like that. I changed it to this because I can't delete the poll, but it's still worth it getting to know people, and taking a break from this roller coaster of hype and disappointment.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »
Just go to the funhouse anytime... and play safe words and mafia games with us. That will get you pretty invested.
Made you look ****.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »
Hi TBT! I picked both, but right now I'm doing a lot of modern games for review, so I guess it'd be modern to vote for right now. :X
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 08:07:59 AM »
My backlog is divided over the Genesis/Mega Drive, PS1, N64, GameCube and Wii U sooooo both I guess? :) I've never really considered myself a "gamer" though because I'm awful at games, I just enjoy them as timewasters with sometimes engrossing stories or just as a different experience from other media. I'm probably more interested in the potential of the medium than anything.