Author Topic: What type of gamer are you?  (Read 14443 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
What type of gamer are you?
« on: July 20, 2003, 11:51:06 PM »
Here's a little bit about me.

First console:Sega Mega Drive

Game that really got me into gaming:Pokemon Blue

Consoles owned: Nintendo Gamecube, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Mega Drive, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP

Favourite console and why: Nintendo Gamecube, because it has introduced me to a new era of gaming with the likes of Pikmin, Eternal Darkness and Super Monkey Ball, it has brought back some great classics like Resident Evil, Sonic Mega Collection, Metal Gear Solid and Pacman, and it just has the best games available on any system in my opinion. Plus its library of games extends by over a thousand with the Gameboy Player. It looks awesome too and has the best controller ever.

Favourite games: Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, The Legend of Zelda: All of them, Pikmin, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros Melee and Resident Evil. And almost anything else made by Nintendo.

Most anticipated games: F-Zero GX, Pokemon Coluseum, SSX 3, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.

Favourite genre: Action/Adventure.

Wish for the future of gaming: Quicker PAL conversions, and more games for Australia.

What kind of gamer are you?

Offline PiGPEN

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 12:18:17 AM »

First console:NES

Game that really got me into gaming:Mario

Consoles owned: Every Nintendo console to date (and most handhelds too)

Favourite console and why: SNES...i dont need an explaination. If you know anything about games you already know why.

Favourite games: Earthbound, Link to the Past, SMB 3, Conker's BFD, DKC, Secret of Mana 2, Final Fantasy 3-US, (err this could take a while)

Most anticipated games: Veiwtiful Joe, Earthbound 0/1/2 for GBA

Favourite genre: RPG

Wish for the future of gaming: Crap Control
BRAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKK!@#$()%#$

i just want to be noticed

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 12:52:17 AM »

First console:Nes/Commadore 64(same day)

Game that really got me into gaming: oddly enough.... Mario is Missing

Consoles owned: Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Genisis, game gear, Gameboy Advance, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, NES

Favorite console and why: Nintendo 64, because it was awesome...i had an NES. But i had so much fun. Whether multiplayer or otherwise mostly on n64.

Favorite games: Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, The Legend of Zelda: All of them, Resident Evil series, banjo kazooie, Wizards and warriors 2&3, river city ransom, Banjo Kazooie, etc.

Most anticipated games: Metal Gear Solid: TS, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Too Human, Soul Caliber 2

Favorite genre: Action/Adventure.

Wish for the future of gaming: More interactivity!  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 01:49:58 AM »

First console: Super Nintendo (i could say Amiga 500, but its not really a console)

Game that really got me into gaming: Monkey Island on Amiga 500 or Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES (my cousins)

Consoles owned: Super Nintendo (twice), Nintendo 64, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo Gamecube, Gameboy Advance SP, Sega Master System, Gameboy Player. (future consoles Dreamcast and NES)

Favourite console and why: hrmmm this is a difficult one, its a very close tie between the Super Nintendo, the Gamecube and the Dreamcast (despite the fact i haven't owned one before) but i think my choice would have to be on the Super Nintendo. for sheer fun alone, anyone who owns games like the Donkey Kong Country series, Super Metroid, Mario Allstars, Yoshi's Island (possibly my favorite game of all time) will know what im talking about, even lesser titles like the Super Starwars games are incredibly fun, sure they arn't as long or as flashy as games today, but they are FUN! selling my SNES to get an n64 was THE stupidist thing i have ever done, not because n64 was crap, but the SNES was just so awsome.

Favourite games: Yoshi's Island above all, followed very closely by Super Metroid. Super Mario 1 and 3, the Pokemon series, Metroid Prime, Skies of Arcadia, CHRONO TRIGGER!!!!!!!,  1080 Snowboarding,  Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and The Wind Waker, Worms Armageddon, X-wing, the Super StarWars series, Super Smash Bros (n64), The Monkey Island series, aaaaaaaaaaaaand the Broken Sword series.

Most anticipated games: Veiwtiful Joe, Soul Calibur 2, Knights of the Old Republic (pc)

Favourite genre: Point and Click Adventure, Action/Adventure

Wish for the future of gaming: Simultanious world wide releases, more 'quirky' games to make it out of Japan and into australia, for me to have enough balls to play Eternal Darkness

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: What type of gamer are you?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 04:47:31 AM »

First Console: Super Nintendo

Game that got me into gaming: I spent an equal amount of time on Dig Dug and Space Invaders

Consoles owned: Game Boy, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, and Gamecube (Shut up!)

Fave Console and why: I wasn't really into gaming until the N64. And it wasn't until the N64 that I realised i loved NIntendo. So I have to say the N64. Plus I absolutely adore Banjo's games, I love Jet Force Gemini, Mario 64 and F-Zero X got me onto futuristic games. I only had 5 games on the Snes: Mario Kart, NBA Jam, Super Soccer, Street Racer and Sim City - not really a difinitive Nintendo Gamer's collection.

Fave games: Super Mario Bros. (NES), Super Mario Land 2 (GB), Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Mario SUnshine, Mario 64, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, F-Zero X, Eternal Darkness.

Anticipated Games: F-Zero GX, MGS: TTS, Too Human, Wind Waker 2, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, and the possibility of the ultimate Pokemon RPG.

Fave Genre: Action/Adventure, Platform.

Wish for future of gaming: PAL (and Australia more specifically) gets more attention in hardware and software releases (and advertising!!!!), that i become the next Shigeru Miyamoto (or if i don't create games, the next Matt Cassamassia/Billy Bergi......sorry), that developers see that the only reason NIntendo is seen as kiddy is cause they won't make their mature games for it.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 05:13:13 AM »

First console: Sega Genesis

Game that really got me into gaming: Mario 64

Consoles owned: Nintendo Gamecube, Playstation, Nintendo 64 ,Sega Genesis, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance(gone now), Gameboy Advance SP

Favorite console and why: As of now, N64 because it's the system that brought me into the wonderful world of geekyness with great games like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Jet Force Jemini, and alot more I can't think of right now.  But it looks like GCN will be my favorite because almost all of these games will have sequels on the cube, which makes me one happy panda.

Favorite games:Super Mario 64,The Legend of Zelda [OoT, WW, LA], Pokemon Red, Super Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime + Fusion, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Golden Sun, Super Mario World.  I love 'em all!

(EDIT: How could I forget Mario/Duckhunt which has to be the best game ever.)

Most anticipated games: Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Eternal Darkness (I know it's out already, but i ordered it and it should come any day now), FF:CC, WW2.

(another edit: Eternal Darkness arrived at my doorstep not ten minutes after making my first edit.  I didn't keep my promise to beat WW before I play Eternal Darkness though.  I have a feeling I'll never finish that game even though I am sooooo close)

Favorite genre: Action/Adventure.

Wish for the future of gaming:  A disease to strike only mainstreem gamers so all will be right with the world.    
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 05:44:24 AM »

First Console: NES

Game that really got me into gaming: Bolo Binary

Consoles owned: NES, Atari 2600, SNES, N64, GCN, GBA

Favorite Console: SNES.  IMO, the SNES was Nintendo's golden era.  The games were fantastic and numerous, but it was the RPGs that really made the console great.  GCN deserves a definate honorable mention though, because most of my favorite games are available on GameCube, and there's never a shortage of something to play.  The lack of RPGs at this point really make it lose to the SNES though.

Favorite Games:  Zelda: Wind Waker, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Eternal Darkness, and Metal Gear Solid are my top 5 favorite games of all time.

Most Anticipated Games:  (in no particular order) Xenosaga, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3, Silent Hill 3, Killer7,  Too Human, Baten Kaitos ( Baten Kaitos = Xenogears Gaiden?), Tales of Symphonia.

Favorite Genre:  Traditional console RPG.

Wish for the future of gaming: And end to discrimination of different consoles, and an end to people calling E rated games kiddy.  Also, an end to the thought that only a game with blood and guts is any good.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 06:53:24 AM »

First Console: One of the Atari's

Game that really got me into gaming: Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, Gameboy, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Dreamcast, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox, Gameboy Advance SP. Personally by me.

Favorite Console: SNES.  Best variety of games.

Favorite Games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2 (US), Secret of Mana.

Most Anticipated Games:  Final Fantasy X-2, Soul Calibur II (GCN), Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Tales of Symphonia, F-Zero GX, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Sword of Mana, Fable, Xenosaga Episode 2, Dino Crisis 3, Resident Evil 4.  In no particular order.

Favorite Genre: RPG's

Wish For the Future of Gaming: Final Fantasy 3 ported to GBA.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 07:02:18 AM »

First Console: NES (well, it was my dad's)

Game that got me into gaming: Super Mario 64

Consoles owned: NES (twice), N64, GCN, Playstation, GB, GB Pocket, GB Color, GBA, and GBA SP

Favorite Console: N64 or GCN.  Why?  Well, for the 64 it was all the great games brought into a new dimension (literally).  Mario turned 3D, Zelda jumped into the 3D world, Donkey Kong (althought it wasn't the best game).  And there were other games that just got me hooked like Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie (some of the best Adventure games ever), MarioKart, Mario Tennis, Pilotwings, GoldenEye...right I'll stop that now.  And GameCube because it recreates those great games and adds to them.  Eternal Darkness is one of the most fun games ever.  And there never is a dull moment with the GCN in my house.  

Favorite Games: Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong (original on NES), Super Mario 64, Eternal Darkness, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon series

Most Anticipated Games: Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX, MarioKart: Double Dash!!, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Too Human, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Mario 128

Favorite Genre: Action/Adventure, Turn-based RPG

Wish for Future of Gaming: For gamers to stop worrying about sales and what companies are better than others.  And for console prices to continue to drop so all gamers can experience the best games no matter what console.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline evilnate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 07:39:40 AM »
Outta my way!  Old man coming through.

First Console Atari 2600

Game that really got me into gaming: Combat/ (and later) Ultima IV

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, Sega Genesis (w/32X add-on!), Sega Game Gear, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Game Boy Advance

Favorite Console and Why: I was about to put the Genesis here, but upon further reflection, I'd have to say the Gamcube, but only with the GBP add-on.  The GBP is almost the exact opposite of the 32X add-on, and it's turned the Cube into the second-most versitile gaming platform out there (second only to the PC).

Favorite Games: Gunship!, Wing Commander I&II, X-Wing Alliance, Gunstar Heroes, Ranger X, Sonic 2, Legend of Zelda: OOT, Metroid Prime, Golden Sun.

Most Anticipated Games: Rouge Leader III, Soul Caliber II, Metroid Prime 2, Too Human.

Favorite Genres: Flight Sims, Action/Adventure

Wish for Future of Gaming: More interaction with game worlds and characters.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 08:51:43 AM »

First Console: SNES

Games that really got me into gaming: Super Mario World and Street Fighter II

Consoles owned: SNES, N64, PS1, GBA, Gamecube

Favourite console and why: SNES of course.  It had the third party support of the Playstation with Nintendo's quality first party titles.

Favourite games: Super Mario RPG, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Mortal Kombat II, Fire Pro Wrestling, Super Smash Bros. Melee, F-Zero X

Most anticipated games: F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur II

Favourite genre: Action/Adventure

Wish for the future of gaming: For Nintendo to become the agressive competitor they were in the early 90s again.  I'd rather they die in a blaze of glory than fade out as an obscure niche developer left behind with the times.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2003, 10:04:12 AM »

First console: NES

Game that got me into gaming: Mario/Duckhunt

Consoles owned: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy color

Fav console and why: I would have to say the Gamecube is my favorite. It's the first console that I really got into, sadly I didn't start earlier in life. I also like all the Gameboys because of their portability.

Favorite games: Mario/Duckhunt, Rogue Leader, Burnout, Mariokart, Goldeneye, World is not Enough(for multiplayer only), most of the Need for Speed series, Roadsters(GB Color)

Most anticapated games: F-Zero GX, Black and White 2(PC), other stuff I can't think of

Fav genre: FPS, Flight Sim, Racing

Wish for the future of gaming: For games to cost less.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 11:05:07 AM »

Game(s) that got me into gaming: I can't really say Mario, because I used to play Gauntlet and Tecmo Superbowl with my dad. So I'll say Techmo Superbowl, Gauntlet, and Zelda.

Consoles owned: NES, Super NES, Playstation, Game Boy Pocket, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube

Fav console and why: Its a tough decision but I'm going to go with my Dreamcast. Hours of mindless fun spent playing on it. Four open slots made it the ultimate party machine, and with the graphics of a PS2 its just THE system. Get 4 lightguns, 4 friends, and House of the Dead you'll have a blast.

Favorite games: Super Mario RPG, Zelda, Zelda II, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros, GTA 3, FF7, Soulstice, Tecmo Superbowl, Devil May Cry, Tony Hawk, Mega Man X

Fav genre: RPG, sports, adventure

Most anticapated games: Mega Man X7 or any Mega Man game for that matter, WWE Here Comes the Pain, Soul Calibur 2, Mafia

Whish for the furture of gaming: Cut the price for new games from $50 to maybe $35. $50 is about 1/4 of the system, cmon thats a rip.  
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 11:35:00 AM »

First Console: NES (Friend bought me a used one for $20 at Gamestop about 8 years ago)

Game that really got me into gaming: Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

Consoles owned: NES, Playstation (bought this from a friend a couple years ago, used it for Tony Hawk 2, and now it's gathering dust), Game Boy Advance, Game boy Advance SP, N64 (bought from same friend a couple years ago, used), Gamecube.

Favorite console and why: Either the N64 or gamecube. After my NES died, I only played video games at others' houses. Then I bought an N64 even though the gamecube was out, because it had awesome games. I hadn't even heard of gamecube until I saw a SMS commercial, but I bought one last January and it kicks ass. GCN got me into hardcore gaming.

Favorite games: In no particular order: Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Diablo II, Quake II, Super Smash Brothers, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Metroid Prime, Wario Ware, Crash Bandicoot 2.

Most anticipated games: F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur II, Mario Kart: DD, XIII, Tales of Symphonia, Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Half Life 2, Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes, Prince of Persia, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Viewtiful Joe, Custom Robo.

Favorite genre: Platform and Action/Adventure

Wish for the future of gaming: More original games, less crap.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 12:33:05 PM »

First console: NES

Game that really got me into gaming: Roller Coaster Tycoon and Doom

Consoles owned: NES, Gameboy, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Playstation 2, PC (it's technically a gaming platform)

Favorite console and why: I wouldn't be able to decide- I love my Gamecube to death right now, but I can say the same for all the consoles I've owned. It's really too hard to say.

Favorite games: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Super Mario 64, in that order.

Most anticipated games: Too Human, Ico 2, Wind Waker 2, Viewtiful Joe, GTA: San Andreas (or whatever the next one is called), Mother 3, Metroid Prime 2, another Grandia, Half Life 2 (a lot of sequels)- many more, but those are the top ones.

Favorite genre: Again, I can't say- part of me says FPS, part of me says action/adventure, part of me says adventure, part of me says RPG- I'm being pulled in too many directions.

Wish for the future of gaming: Standardization- I'm really getting sick of buying 2 or more consoles every generation just to play all the great games. If they had a standard platform (like CD's with music) I would be a LOT happier.

I feel like such a nerd filling this out.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 12:33:55 PM »
This is a fun and interestin' thread.

First console: Vic20. Shamus rocked the 80s plz.

Game that really got me into gaming: Oh, I played Pac Man and Elevator action a lot, but the game that immediately stole my soul for eternity was Super Mario Bros.

Consoles pwned: Vic20, C64, Atari2600, NES, SNES, Genesis+CD+32X, N64, VB, a hundred kinds of GameBoys, PS2, GC, XBox, DC, Saturn, comedy Pro200 option, lots of stuff that I forgot probably

Favorite console: DreamCast. Fighting games forever.

Most favoritest games of all time: DDR, MVC2, Quake III, Doom, Fallout 2, Final Fantasy 6, GoldenEye 007, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Killer Instinct 2

Most anticipated: CAPCOM FIGHTING ALL STARS, F-Zero AX, DDR Extreme (for home)

Favorite genre: music, fighters or fps, I dunno

Wish for the future of gaming: Arcades to dominate the biz

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 01:29:42 PM »

Game that really got me into gaming: Mario Bros. 1

Consoles owned: NES, GB, SNES, GBC, N64, GBA, GCN, PS1, PS2, DC

Favourite console and why: GameCube because it fills all the holes that defines gaming to me, RPGs(soon), multiplayer, Nintendoism

Favourite games: Conker's Bad Fur Day, everything Zelda, Perfect Dark, WWF No Mercy, Suikoden II, Grandia II, Super Mario 64, Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber(I think)

Worst games I've played: Superman 64, Parasite Eve

Most anticipated games: Tales of Symphonia, Star Ocean 3, Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil 4, Halo 2

Favourite genre: RPG

Wish for future of gaming: One console = no hard decisions
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2003, 02:04:05 PM »

Originally posted by: Gup
Worst games I've played: Superman 64, Parasite Eve

You really are my polar opposite in some ways, you know that?  Parasite Eve was one of my favorites, and is heaps better than FF7.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 02:10:41 PM »
So far, I'm the youngest person on this board by one year.  So it kinda makes sense that my name is KnowsNothing.

And they say Nintendo's for kiddies....

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 02:20:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
You really are my polar opposite in some ways, you know that?  Parasite Eve was one of my favorites, and is heaps better than FF7.

True. . . our only similarities seem to be our interest in RPGs, but you're more picky if you ask me.  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2003, 03:37:36 PM »

First Console: Intelevision.

Game that really got me into gaming: Final Fantasy 7.

Consoles/handhelds owned: Intelevision, Commadore 64, Sega (the first one with credit card size games), Sega Dreamcast, Turbo Graphics 16, PSone, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, XBox, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA-SP, GBP.

Favourite console and why: Nintendo Gamecube. I love Nintendo games, and dislike cartriges. Finally a solution. Also the controller is my favorite of any system ever, and my favorite games are on the system.

Favourite games: Top 5 in order: Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7.

Most anticipated games: In no particular order: F-Zero GX, Mario Kart : DD, Mario Tennis, Pokemon RPG (I can anticipate it, even if it is never coming out), FF:CC, Pokemon Colleseum. Plus sequels to MP and WW and Mario 128.

Favourite genre: Turn Based RPGs, then action/adventure.

Wish for the future of gaming: For people to stop judging a system based on one game. Like calling GCN kiddy because it has a mickey mouse game or calling PS2 good because it has GTA.  
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2003, 04:42:08 PM »
Really old dinosaur of gaming here.

First console: Atari 2600

Game that really got me into gaming: Pitfall

Consoles owned: Atari 2600, Coleco Vision, NES, Turbo grafix-16, SNES, N64,PS2, GC

Favourite console and why: SNES in a landslide.  It had the most incredible RPGS, along with Nintendos great stable of games.  There were so many games out, that i still find some good ones now.  Honorable mention: GC

Favourite games: Goldeneye, FF2&3, Dragon Warrior 1,2&3, Secret of mana, Mario RPG, Actraiser, Shadowrun,Metroid, Kid Icarus, Zaxxon, Adventure, Combat, Castlevania, Metal Gear, RC pro am, A link to the past, eternal Darkness, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Bros., Mario 64, NHL95, Madden 2003..and on and on....

Most anticipated games:Mario Kart, Final Fantasy:CC, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Prime 2, Mario 128, Killer 7, F zero

Favourite genre: Action/Adventure/RPG

Wish for the future of gaming:  Better Ports...and more original games.  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Tman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2003, 10:18:14 PM »

Game that really got me into gaming:Metroid

Consoles owned: Nintendo Gamecube, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Mega Drive, GameBoy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Genesis, Sega CD, 32x, Saturn, Atari 2600, Jaguar, PC Engine, Famicom, NES, Super Famicom, SNES, DD, Famicom Disk System, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Nomad, Intellivision, Collecovision, Pong(does this count as a console?),  

Favorite console and why: SNES, best 2d gaming of all time.

Favorite games: Doom, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Metroid, Soul Calibur, Viewtiful Joe, FF6, .hack, Tetris, Sonic 2, NHL '94(genesis).

Most anticipated games:Senmue 3, Baten Kaitos

Favourite genre: Platform

Wish for the future of gaming:to not be so mainstream.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2003, 05:43:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Gup

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja

True. . . our only similarities seem to be our interest in RPGs, but you're more picky if you ask me.

Heh.  how am I more picky?  I put up with the second disc of Xenogears without problem, and I was able to put up with the overly short length of Parasite Eve, with scads of FMV thrown in.  

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2003, 06:24:47 AM »

Game that really got me into gaming:Intra Scramble on the VIC 20

Consoles owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, GC, GB, GBA, GBSP

Favorite console and why: NES I had a lot of fun with that consol, and that is where I misspent my youth.  Close second is the GC its all my dreams of what video gaming could be when I was a kid come true.

Favorite games(no particular order): ZELDA series, Punch Out series, Metroid Prime, Burnout2, Advanced Wars 2, Galaga

Most anticipated games:F-Zero, Killer 7, SC2, XIII

Favourite genre: Strategy real time and turn based, adventure, FPS

Wish for the future of gaming:For video gaming to be more accesable to alternative developers with creative ideas.  And not another copy to sell of another cheap movie license game.
There are two types of people in the world.  Those who finish what they started, and so on...