Author Topic: Metroid...for x-mas?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« on: July 18, 2003, 04:58:35 PM »
  I just played through Prime for the second time, after taking a 3 month break.  It is even more fun the second time through.  I noticed a lot more of the small things.  

So, in a late night stupor, my buddy comes by.  Hes the manager over at Gamestop.(punks)  He says to me "are you going to get the next Metroid?"  Of course, was my response.  He then goes on and on about how a Metroid 1 remake is going to be released during the xmas holidays.  I look at him like hes an ass, as usual.  But then it dawns on me.  He has been correct before, even after my ridicule.  He tells me Capcom is making it.  I take my last swig of ---/insert adult beverage here/--- and say 'whatever"  and tumble to bed.  I wish it was true, but wouldnt we have heard something by now?  Then i was thinking, maybe its a preorder thing for the sequel to Prime, like Zelda.  Anyway, i certainly would enjoy a full fledged remak of the first Metroid.  Now give me Kid Icarus, and i'll retire right now....
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 05:30:12 PM »
It's on GBA so this should probably be on the GBA boards.
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 05:59:10 PM »
He was telling me GC
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 06:06:41 PM »
Metroid: Zero Mission is gonna be on GBA and its a Metroid 1 remake

I'll shut up now...

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 07:37:10 PM »
There is also going to be a sequel to Metroid Prime on the gamecube. There is a video out and a pictures of it, but I doubt it'll be released on Christmas holidays--that's about one year from Prime's release to its sequel's.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 07:48:02 PM »

He tells me Capcom is making it

Capcom wouldnt be making it for GCN.

A XMas release would be cool, but its pretty unlikely.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 09:38:19 PM »
Christmas would be a very likely release for Metroid: Zero Mission (which is indeed a Metroid 1 remake). GBA games don't long to make. Maybe it's being made my Capcom, too? Who knows.

Though, Metroid Prime 2, devloped by Retro (not Capcom), will not be ready Christmas. Spring, maybe. Summer of 2004 seems more likely.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 01:51:22 AM »
For the next Metroid on GCN, put in Super Metroid, with 3D smash brother's style graphics if Retro is feeling nice, as long as you keep the geometry EXACTLY the same, and I will be the happiest person ever....

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 05:42:13 AM »
Heh.  If there's a new Metroid game for GameCube for Christmas, I think it's safe to say at this point that GameCube is going to be the #1 console in North America during this holiday season.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 11:31:40 AM »
why do you say that?  metroid prime bombed pretty hard.  especially for how good it was.  last i checked it had hardly broken a million copies.  hell, the mortal kombat sold two million, and it wasn't even nearly as good.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 12:11:33 PM »
Prime sold near 800k, which is still good in my opinion.

Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 01:04:42 PM »
Halo 2 is coming out in Winter...it will kill Metroid more than Splinter Cell did last year.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 04:27:38 PM »
800k, in this day and age is very good.  Especially the ratio of cube owners who bought Prime.

Halo 2 may 'kill' prime 2 in sales.  It doesn't necessarily mean XBOX will sell better over Christmas, however.  It may, but Nintendo needs to release a few AAA games to offset the hoopla of Halo 2.  And, once again, advertising is whats killing the Cube , not the quality of the games.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 09:51:26 PM »
You can bet both games will come out at the same time, but I don't think either will be out before next spring.  Also, there is no official documentation about either game, so saying Zero Mission is a remake, is still speculation.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 01:46:29 AM »
My guess is that Zero Mission is a prequel, ala Resident Evil Zero.

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2003, 06:59:46 PM »
A prequel would be sweet, especially if it showed a little more backstory as to what happened to Samus on her home colony when the Pirates attacked. However, I think the biggest problem is that metroids were first discovered in the original Metroid, so I doubt sticking metroids in any kind of prequel would make any sense. The only way around it, I feel, is to NOT have Samus in the game, and that, well....that would kill the game. It's like having Aliens without Ripley, or Ridgemont High without Spicoli....it's just not right.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2003, 07:54:11 PM »
My response to this:

People who work at video game stores usually know the equivalent of sh*t.

Period.

I don't care if your buddy is a gamer, either.  Those employees get fed all sorts of stupid crap left and right, and half the time they beleive it.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2003, 08:08:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Heh.  If there's a new Metroid game for GameCube for Christmas, I think it's safe to say at this point that GameCube is going to be the #1 console in North America during this holiday season.  

Ahahahahahahaha! Gamecube.... number one? hahahahahahaha! *breaks a rib*

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Metroid...for x-mas?
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 07:22:08 AM »

My response to this:

People who work at video game stores usually know the equivalent of sh*t.

Period.

I don't care if your buddy is a gamer, either. Those employees get fed all sorts of stupid crap left and right, and half the time they beleive it.

My intention was just to pass the info. on , not say he is right.  He was right about Mario Kart, though.  They do get fed a lot of shat, which is why he doesn't tell me every little thing, but some of it sticks.