Author Topic: New Super Smash Bros.  (Read 7681 times)

Offline GC2003

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« on: July 16, 2003, 06:20:51 AM »
Super Smash bros Melee was tight and i need to know about the new one. Ign had something about it but u had to be a freakin member. What the hell is up wit that, people gots to know.
Those basterds. O well. If u know nething else tell me.  
JJay SOulcalibur man

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 07:55:16 AM »
I doubt that there will be another Super Smash Bros game for the GCN. SSBM is still selling fine, and there really isnt too much they could add to make it worth while. There will definately be another game for the Gamecubes successor.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 08:57:42 AM »
Personally I think they could make a sequel that is just a huge platforming game, like adventure mode was. Adventure mode was sweat but there were really only two major platforming levels, mushroom kingdom and the zelda thing, and even those were short. I'd like to see a game like that anyway.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 09:25:02 AM »
IGN's article was just what they'd like to see in the next one, I believe- there's been no confirmation of another game although Nintendo would be *crazy* not to make a sequel to what is currently the best selling title on the Gamecube. I'm sure HAL's working on it even now.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 10:26:41 AM »

I'm sure HAL's working on it even now.

No doubt there, but I would be very surprised to see it for this system. Like I said SSBM is still selling fine, and SSBM2 would be a great launch title for GCN2.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 11:35:26 AM »
Exactly, all they need to do is make it a launch game instead of one month behind schedule, leaving Luigi's Mansion to attract buyers.  
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 02:00:07 PM »
Which begs the question... if Smash Bros had been a launch title instead of Luigi's Mansion, would the Cube's launch have gone much MUCH differently?

Offline Gup

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 02:43:59 PM »
One Smash Bros per Nintendo console would be the smartest decision. I wonder who will make it into the next game? . . . sigh.  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
RE: New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 02:47:34 PM »
i can think of a few things that could be added to the next smash bros. and you will find them in the other topic about it

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 04:42:58 PM »
Now there's one way to advertise a thread, PIAC.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline thejips

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2003, 04:55:23 PM »
I think the next logical step in the evolution of the franchise is online play.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 04:59:45 PM »
online play will not happen, but lan play (which is basically online play, only free) is a definate possibility. Imagine a 8-16 player madhouse free for all fight. That would be so cool.

Offline Gup

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2003, 05:04:33 PM »
LAN play is meant for split-screen multiplayer, so that won't happen.  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 09:40:08 AM »
If the Gamecube successor has a built in modem...you should at least expect SSBM to be LAN...online is still a big if. But if Nintendo wants to be aggressive it willl be online.

But the only thing I'd like added to SSBM are two things:

1) Tons of more characters (like over 50, hehehe) -  Let's leave Capcom vs. SNK in the dust
2) Longer Adventure Mode...with more diveristy.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 12:01:43 PM »
man i think the coolest thing for the adventer mode would be to make and adventure for each character. Like the adventure for link would be completly different from the adventure for mario. Links would be something like in hyrule and then visit places from other games for different stages. Mario's adventure would be in the mushroom kingdom and it would be like playing the old mario games but in 3d. but each of the stages would end with you fighting another Smash Bro.

do you guys understand what im saying

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 03:34:59 PM »
Yeah, but I sort of like how all the characters mix and go into each other's worlds.

Adventure mode is LONG as it is.  But I would like more diversity.

50+ characters is rather a lot, so I'll be happy if they include cel-shaded Link, FLUDD Mario, an updated Samus, Krystal (or Fox w/ staff), and a vacuum pack Luigi.  Among other things.

A Pikmin character would be sweet, but I dunno what they'd do with it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2003, 04:36:35 PM »
A group of pikmin chars to create an impersonating figure....Sort of like hand but the pimin would form a human-like figure

Any ways...I dont know where this topic is going...so I'll just wait for someone to reply...

Offline 220man

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2003, 09:00:50 PM »
A ssbm2 would be a great idea, as the char idea is. Heres my thoughts

Character no 50: Captain olimar

Aunch (like in PIKMIN)
B: throw PIKMIN (like in PIKMIN)
etc, etc all using stuff from PIKMIN

Character no 51: Mew

A: Phychic (like in pokemon)
B: metronome (like clefairy does in melee)
etc,etc all using stuff from pokemon

waddya think???
I'm physchic. If I wanted your opinion I would have told you what it was.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2003, 09:26:57 PM »
man i think there are enough pokemon in the game i dont really care for anymore. and if you ask me when people look to see the character list and see like 5 or 6 pokemon(there are currently 4 I believe) thy are gonna see the game as a kids game because that is how pokemon is viewed by mainstream consumers.

Offline Caster13

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2003, 09:30:30 PM »
Here's an idea.

Smash Bros: Nintendo vs. Sega.

Hehe. Sorta like the whole Capcom vs. SNK thing... except not. Yeah.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 09:30:52 PM »
you know who i would absolutly love to see in the next game? Ridley from the Metroid series, and then Meta-Ridley as an unlockable charater. i remember a bunch of people speculating that he was a secret character in the melee and i was excited but he wasn't there.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2003, 05:55:51 AM »
Ridley would be cool, but they would have to make him weak so that other players could beat him. I mean do you really think the Pikachu would do anything to him (Well he might give him some indigestion).

The next game doesnt really have to change too much from the winning formula. More characters (less clones). Maybe just have one mario, and if you pic the white color for him he is Dr. Mario instead of having two seperate characters wasted on basically the same thing. Same with daisy and peach. Another character from the Zelda universe would be nice. Maybe a Goron.

I would also like to see something that rewarded you for playing other modes. Lets say if you are link you start out with his basic seapons, but you can buy upgrates by playing through adventure mode. Then when you play melee you input your name/password or whatever to unlock your special items that you have earned. They would have to be careful not to make the stuff be too powerful so the game becomes unbalanced, but I think it could be done.

I just want to say that SSBM is my favorite party/group game. And any sequel will kick ass. just make the sequel for the next system and I will be the first peron in line to buy it.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2003, 06:16:44 AM »
The following characters should/could be included in the next Super Smash Bros.

Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Peach
Birdo
Daisy
Diddy
Captain Olimar
Dr Mario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Caption Falcon
Ganondorf
Ganon
Falco
Fox
Ness
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Samus
Zelda
Shiek
Link
Young Link
King De De De
Pichu
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Game & Watch
Marth
Roy
Mumbo
Bottles
Krystal
Peppy
Master Hand
Skull Kid
Baby Mario
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Jill Valentine
Chris Redfield
Rebecca Chambers
Saber Man
Kid Icarus
Paratrooper
Goomba
Water Mario
Vacuum Luigi
Super Monkey Ball monkeys
Boo
Saria
Donkey Kong Jr
A Pikmin
Moon (from Majora)
Slippy
Megaman
Bomberman
More Pokemon
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Chao (Sonic)
Andy and Max (from Advance Wars)
Golden Sun characters...
PN.0.3 Girl
Viewtiful Joe
Alex Roivas
Pious Augustus
Solid Snake....
and um..... Spongebob Squarepants....?

And also, it should be a N5 launch title.

New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2003, 06:57:50 AM »
I don't care how many characters there are just as long as some aren't clones of eachother.  its no point in having multiple characters that do the same thing.
They should have more widely known characters as well, i.e. not characters like the ice-climbers
it was time for a change.

Offline Skyman_Welks

• View Profile
New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2003, 07:16:12 AM »
I hope they really change a lot of stuff around in the next installment so it is different than the ones out.............

Melee was changed enough to make me buy it, and I don't see any need in buying something that plays exactly the same if there are only a couple more stages and some new characters................................. unless Pit is playable.... then it's a definite buy.
What is character but determination of incident? What is incident by the illustration of character?