Author Topic: Gameboy Advance SP in Europe.  (Read 1943 times)

Offline NeedleLies

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gameboy Advance SP in Europe.
« on: July 14, 2003, 08:36:49 AM »
Hello all,

I'm off to Europe in a couple of weeks and I want to bring my GBA SP with me but I'm worried that it won't be safe to charge it.

I bought a voltage converter and its safe for products up to 30 Watts.  (good for shavers, walkmans, radios)

I'm just scared to break my GBA by charging it with it.

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks

Offline perth

• View Profile
RE: Gameboy Advance SP in Europe.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 09:35:52 AM »
i spent a week or so in great britain recently. when the battery died on my sp, i plugged in the converter and when i plugged in the gba sp charger, i could hear a faint buzzing noise coming from it. being stupid and desperate for some metroid fusion, i decided to try it anyway. i plugged the sp in and... nothing happened. the charge light did not come on, nothing. YMMV, but i was unable to charge it. when i got back to the u.s., everything worked fine, so its not really a question of things blowing up, just things not working. for what its worth, the converter i got was a samsonite.

my suggestion? order a couple spare batteries from nintendo, and charge them before you leave. dont forget a small screwdriver so you can swap them out.

have a safe trip!

~perth

Offline Gamer1982

• View Profile
Gameboy Advance SP in Europe.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 06:50:06 AM »
Or just order a UK AC adapter.  I purchased my SP in London when it was released back in March or April (I forget), and now that I'm back in New York, I just purchased a US AC Adapter.  They're interchangable on the SP.