Author Topic: IKARUGA! HOW MANY HAVE IT  (Read 4507 times)

Offline pliskatone

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
IKARUGA! HOW MANY HAVE IT
« on: July 12, 2003, 04:42:59 PM »
HOW MANY OF U PEOPLE HAVE THIS INSANE GAME AND HAVE BEATEN IT? THE FOURTH STAGE IS IMPOSSIBLE I HATE IT!!!!
tothay is gwate
ITS FUN AND EASY
GGRRRrrRRrrRrRr
mr anderson!

Offline SC5

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 04:56:15 PM »
I have it and I beat it on easy with infinite continues that one time...
If my post doesn't make sense, come back in 5 minutes.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 04:57:41 PM »
Ikaruga's friggin' awesome- I can't get past the 4th level yet, either, but I only have a couple more hours of play time to get infinite continues.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 05:49:11 PM »
i got it when it first came out in april- and the game is worth every penny
i have unlocked everything and i am good enough to get to the last level with out continuing (on normal)
the game is all about memorization- figure out the patterns and you can beat any level
the fourth level is one of the hardest in the whole game- if you can get past the first few sections with all the shooting you should be alright
the boss in the level is difficult, but once you get the pattern down it gets pretty easy
i still have trouble with the third level boss though- it is very tough to do all the color switching during it

another question for all- what is your high score on any difficulty level....
mine is 20365020
i call the big one bitey.

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
RE: IKARUGA! HOW MANY HAVE IT
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 06:04:07 PM »
i'va almost completed the final stage, which by the way, is pretty awesome (and hard)
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline AManatee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2003, 06:13:09 PM »
I have it, and I have one question. IS there a way to put it back on just 3 continues like it originally had?
"Gimme gimme gimme. I need, I need."

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2003, 06:16:48 PM »
Is it really that hard?
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2003, 08:23:54 PM »
Ohh yea it's really that hard. The way I beat it at all was by playing for 7 hours, which gets you unlimited continues. It took me about 10 to be able to beat the first 2 levels without continuing. I'm trying for the second unlockable but it is really insane, because you have to beat the game with one continue. The game is still awesome though.

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 06:31:50 AM »
I veo got this sweet game and i beat it but with infinite continues so it was like cheating. Im now trying to beat it with just 5 continues but i cant get past the 2nd part of the final level. And also i cant unlock the demo play of levl 4 and ive beatin it several times. ???

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2003, 06:42:07 AM »
Hmmm . . . I think I'll give this a rental to see if it really is that d*mn hard. Hopefully it is because the last "insanely hard" game(MMNT) I read about was a joke against my elite skills.  
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2003, 06:58:49 AM »
If you skills are so elite, gup, beat Ikaruga on Hard without continuing- THAT has got to be one of the hardest things to do in a videogame ever.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2003, 06:59:07 AM »
Telaris--In order to unlock a level for practice or conquest mode, you have to beat on one credit. Just completing doesn't count, which sucks. The fourth stage is the one I need the most practice on as I can get through the first three stages on barely credit only to have that streak fall apart on the fourth stage.

Gup--The difficulty depends on what you want out of the game. As others have said, free play will eventually unlock itself after several hours of play time, so getting to the end is not a problem. I think the real meat of the game is the challenge mode where you try to score the highest amount of points on a normal, 3 ship, one credit game to get a net ranking. So if you are interested in trying earn a ranking, then this game is more than enough challenge. There are some truly gifted Ikaruga players to compete against on the net ranking.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2003, 09:45:28 AM »
Ikaruga is awesome and hard and I wana play it bad but my disc is glitchy and sometimes wont read.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline pliskatone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2003, 10:05:59 AM »
that pissed me off i got infinite continues now i feel noo need to get better but i still try
tothay is gwate
ITS FUN AND EASY
GGRRRrrRRrrRrRr
mr anderson!

Offline pliskatone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »
im not sure i tried when i got infinite continues but it wouldnt work
tothay is gwate
ITS FUN AND EASY
GGRRRrrRRrrRrRr
mr anderson!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 10:40:20 AM »
On the original question: No, I don't have it and I don't think a SHMUP is worth EUR60. Considering how many of those you can get as freeware on the internet, I'd rather save my money (which is currently getting low due to my new GBA...) for titles like VJ and MKDD. Well, okay, I'm in Europe and there'll be some time until those come out here, but nonetheless I need to recover my finances. If I find Ika for 20, I might consider it, but 60... No.

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 12:45:42 PM »
It's not difficult to learn the patterns (although 2-1 did took half an hour), but it's the eating all the bullets and to get every row of ships.
It took me a long time to get the three black ships at the end of 1-1 on normal mode and bullet-eating almost every ship.

Challenge for now is to get to chapter 5 without using a continue. Chaining will have to wait another time. Damn, that way I'll be too late to post a high score in the net rankings. Not that I have any chance of winning the trophy. You just can't beat the Japanese players. They're almost godlike, we're just mortal beings!

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2003, 01:49:32 PM »
chaining is very difficult but it is one of the most rewarding experiences in a videogame
you feel great if you perfectly chain a level and get an s rank
i only got one s rank so far (on level 1) i can get high chains in the other levels but it is hard to keep them up
it is one of the more difficult games i ever played but in a good way- its not cheap and there is always a way to get through the levels
i love treasure- they are one of the greatest game developers in the world- i cant wait for their next big shooter game
i call the big one bitey.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2003, 04:11:43 PM »
KDR: Do what you like, but Ikaruga is a LOT better than MKDD, in my opinion, and I generally like fighters better than top-down shooters.

Offline telaris

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2003, 05:34:06 PM »
egman - Thanks man, i wouldnt have ever figured that one out

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2003, 07:56:40 PM »
Clicker: MKDD != MKDA. Didn't want to trigger the smily.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2003, 09:09:06 PM »
Bah, I knew what you mean- I just didn't think after I saw you type it. Anyway, you can just check Do not parse Emoticons and it shouldn't trigger the smiley. Let's see: MK:DA

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2003, 05:58:20 AM »
Jaaa... Too lazy to go to advanced posting options...