Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Amiibo Trading Card Trading Post  (Read 123216 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The Animal Crossing Amiibo Trading Card Trading Post
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:20:21 AM »
Do you like Animal Crossing? Do you like it so much that you'd be willing to buy Amiibo Trading Cards and attempt to get a complete set of all 100 in Series 1 (and all 100 in Series 2)? Then welcome to the place for you! In an effort to make things easier for the Animal Crossing Amiibo Trading Card collector on the go, I thought it would be a good idea to create a 1 stop shop area where collectors can get together to help fill in the gaps for their collections.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Khushrenada thread without it being on very shaky ground in regards to forum rules. Thus, some very clear disclaimers need to be made right now. Always remember this:

Regarding participation:
1. Anyone who wishes to participate in this thread does so of their own free will.
2. No personal information about a person, such as a shipping or mailing address is to be posted by an poster in this thread.
3. No one who receives personal information from another user may post it in this thread or anywhere else on these forums at anytime either before, during or after any trades or from whenever such information is given.
4. If you do wish to arrange a trade with someone and need to give such info out, it is up to the users involved in the trade to figure out how they want to send that info out whether it be via private message or another means offsite. Anyone giving out this information should be 18 years or older. If a minor, they may do so only on the basis that they have approval from their legal guardian.
5. All participants who are trading do so in good faith and without intent to commit fraud or any other ill intent.
6. Each users recognizes that any costs incurred via a trade or acquiring Amiibo cards are of the user's own responsibility and no one else's.
7. If any loss occurs, neither another user nor Nintendo World Report can be, is or will be held reliable for the loss or for reimbursement in any way financially.
8. More rules may be added, adjusted or deleted. Any rules added, adjusted or deleted are retroactively instated to apply to any trades already made, currently occurring or yet to come or for any other posts made in this thread and apply to all users and participants in this thread no matter the time when they began to participate in it. It is the responsibility of each user and participant to stay current with regards to the rules. There is no obligation for NWR, its staff, affilieties, advertisers or any other forum user to inform any user or participant about added, adjusted or deleted rules.

The most important rule and catch all point of this trading thread is that: Even if any or all of these rules are broken by a user or participant in this thread, forum or any other part of the NWR website, then neither Nintendo World Report, nor any of its staff, affilieties, advertisers or forum members may be held legally responsible, whether criminal or civil, in regards to any issue, problem or hardship that occurs from said broken rules. This waiving of legal rights applies to any participation made by any user in this thread and towards any trade or actions taken by NWR and/or its staff, affilieties, advertisers or any other forum users in response to any actions or posts made in this thread. This waiving of legal rights applies to all either willing or non willingly in regards to any matter with this thread.

Any participation in this thread, participation made elsewhere on this site because of this thread or discussion of anything pertaining to this thread from any user is to be taken and applied to that user as agreeing to the terms and conditions listed in this post and thread. If a user does not wish to comply to these rules nor agree to them, then a user will show this by not participating in this thread, by not participating elsewhere on this site because of this thread and by not discussing anything pertaining to this thread anywhere on the NWR site or forums.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Amiibo Trading Card Trading Post
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:25:07 AM »
1. Anyone who wishes to participate in this thread does so of their own free will.

This is a very important distinction, because if you read the rules carefully you'll see that is not true in other parts of the forum.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 03:31:02 AM »
Wasn't that fun? The gist of it is that there is potential for someone to be wronged if trading cards, whether intentionally or unintentionally and for any wrong or loss that does occur, no one else can be accountable except you. Trader beware.

At this point, I'd create a list of all 100 Amiibo cards that can currently by collected in series 1. However, I'm on a bit of vacation and only have my phone for Internet access. Typing that list of guidelines has been grueling enough for now. Thus, I'll add the list in a couple days. For now, I just thought I'd get a thread going and find out who might be interested in participating. Right now, I'd prefer this thread stick to a card for a card trading system as the premise for exchange but that could change as time goes by.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 03:42:21 AM »
Personally, I'm willing to participate and give this a try. I've bought 10 packs so far. I'll probably buy another 7. My goal is to buy as few packs as possible to reach 100 cards and hopefully trade the duplicates acquired for the missing cards needed. Of the 60 cards purchased so far, I've acquired 48 of the 100 with 12 duplicates meaning a 20% failure rate. If I am so fortunate to keep this ratio up, then I should have 80 out of 100 cards collected from my next 7 packs. Doubt that will happen but who knows. Anyways, I'll post more once I know what all I am missing and acquire a few more packs.

The good news for me is that I've acquired Crazy Redd already along with a few other favorites like Sable, Resetti, and Diana.

I'll also mention some of the duplicates I'll be looking to trade. For special cards, I have 1 Harriet and 1 Isabella for trade. For regulars, I have 2 Eunice cards and 1 card each for Sheldon, Kabuki, Bangle, Kyle, Deena, Cyrano, Deli and Renee.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 04:12:03 AM »
Woah, I was right, you HAVE given this way more thought than me Khushrenada!

I've got one pack in hand right now, but I've got another 11 on the way. I'll probably buy a couple more so I think it looks like I'll land around 100 total cards or so just like you, provided I don't change my mind.

I'd LOVE to collect a full set, but I'll only be slightly disappointed if not possible. My secondary goal is to own Bunni (#87) since she's a favorite character of both me and my brother's.

I just discovered an analysis from earlier this year that calculates that if you were going to trade your way to a full set, you'd have to buy 17 packs (to ensure you have at least 17 special cards) and then do an average number of 6 special trades and 30 normal card trades. That's a lot of trades, but waaaay better than the pure random pack buying method where you'd have to buy an average of 83 packs to achieve the same thing without trading:

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3bualb/full_ac_amiibo_card_set_feasibility_a_probability/

I also just found out that Nintendo has been kind enough to display/list all the cards currently available here, so maybe you don't have to handtype a whole list on your own Khush?

http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:35:28 AM by Kairon »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »
So I just caved and more Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards are on their way. I should definitely have a decent chance at collecting a full set if I can find people to trade with. (At least Series 1... ugh I don't even want to think about Series 2 yet)

By the way, I've never collected cards before. I vaguely remember all the Magic: The Gathering players at my HS having sleeves and binders, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good storage solution for these Amiibo Cards?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
Just picked up 14 more packs at a Walmart.  22 total.  Should be done, assuming trades work in my favor. :D

Storage solution: There's an "official" binder coming out in EU for these.  No word of a US release. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
22 packs total.
132 total cards.
71 towards my set of 100 - leaving 29 needed.
61 duplicates.

Oh, my weary blind-pack trading card friend... where have you been?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 01:43:47 AM »
I picked up 8 more packs today. I decided to take an extra pack in case it helps with trading and potentially getting lucky with a few new cards. Nothing worse than going through a pack and every card is a duplicate. Arghhhh!

End result is 108 total cards. 68/100 collected. 40 duplicates. I seem to have had a little better odds than Unclebob who is only 3 ahead of me by acquiring 24 more cards than me. I must take solace where I can.

I guess now would be the time to start opening up trading. I am still looking for the following in order by their card number and name:

3. DJ KK
10. Pascal
14. Luna
17. Lottie
27. Lopez
34. Kiki
36. Alli
51. Opal
66. Gruff
78. Roscoe
92. Henry
96. Cole
97. Willow
99. Molly

I have the following for trade:

1. Isabelle
6. Resetti
8. Timmy
11. Harriet (x2)
16. Lyle (x2)
24. Kyle (x2)
26. Renee (x2)
31. Sheldon (x2)
32. Bluebear
35. Deli
37. Kabuki
38. Patty
39. Jitters
44. Shari
47. Knox
53. Limberg
54. Deena (x2)
56. Bangle
60. Samson
62. T-Bone
75. Amelia
76. Jeremiah (x2)
79. Truffles
80. Eugene
81. Eunice (x3)
82. Goose
83. Annalisa
84. Benjamin
87. Bunnie (x2)
94. Cyrano

Let's make a deal!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:12:08 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 01:57:47 AM »
Woah, I was right, you HAVE given this way more thought than me Khushrenada!

Not that much. I just suddenly realized as I was creating the thread that it was putting us in a territory NWR has sort of avoided involving real life possessions trading hands so I figured I best try to make this as acceptable as possible in the hopes we are allowed to do this.

I'd LOVE to collect a full set, but I'll only be slightly disappointed if not possible. My secondary goal is to own Bunni (#83) since she's a favorite character of both me and my brother's.

I think you mean Bunnie (#87), aka Sidney Crosby. Well, since I have 2 extra of that character, I'd say you don't need to worry about missing out on that card.

I just discovered an analysis from earlier this year that calculates that if you were going to trade your way to a full set, you'd have to buy 17 packs (to ensure you have at least 17 special cards) and then do an average number of 6 special trades and 30 normal card trades. That's a lot of trades, but waaaay better than the pure random pack buying method where you'd have to buy an average of 83 packs to achieve the same thing without trading:

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3bualb/full_ac_amiibo_card_set_feasibility_a_probability/

Well, the analysis is right in about special cards. I need 6 of them still. However, I only need 26 of the regular cards so I'm a doing a little better than the odds. But in the words of Han Solo, "Never tell me the odds."

I also just found out that Nintendo has been kind enough to display/list all the cards currently available here, so maybe you don't have to handtype a whole list on your own Khush?

http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Yeah but I'll probably still want to do one anyways because I take my Animal Crossing Trading seriously.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 02:39:01 AM »
You guys already have all your cards in hand but almost all of the cards I'm buying I'm having shipped to me, so bear with me while the postal service winds its way to my house.

I think you mean Bunnie (#87), aka Sidney Crosby. Well, since I have 2 extra of that character, I'd say you don't need to worry about missing out on that card.

Haha, you're right. Thanks for the correction Khush! Wiiiiiii success!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »
Dude, get your list in order if you want to trade. :D
86. Cole
I assume that 86 is supposed to be 96.  96 is Cole, 86 is Chief. :D

You have 9 cards I need, I have 13 cards you need.  Looks like I have the upperhand. :D

From your list, I have these that you need.
3   DJ KK
14   Luna
27   Lopez
34   Kiki
36   Alli
48   Sterling
59   Nate
65   Midge
68   Clyde
78   Roscoe
92   Henry
93   Bertha
97   Willow

And you have these that I need
6   Resetti
24   Kyle
35   Deli
37   Kabuki
54   Deena
62   T-Bone
76   Jeremiah
87   Bunnie
94   Cyrano
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:25:34 PM by UncleBob »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »
You may have the upper hand right now but, if Kairon ever decides to get his house in order and participate, that balance of power could change. For now, consider the 9 that you could use from me as yours. In order to acquire all the cards, I imagine we may have to rely on other places of trade either locally or on other sites unless we suddenly get a strong influx of other participants. But by knowing what we can get from each other first, it will make easier to know what we can already acquire and what we can trade.

And yes, 86 is supposed to be 96 Cole.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:19:59 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 05:24:05 PM »
For what it's worth, I in talks with a friend to host a trading card day with ny local StreetPass group, so I might be able to finish my set and maybe get a few  extras to help you two out.

For what it's worth, here's how I generally trade cards and it works out fairly well.

If both parties want a specific card, it's a 1:1 even trade.
If one party wants a specific card and the other doesn't need anything/anymore, then it's 2 random (like) cards for the one specific.  The only qualifier for the "like" cards would be special for special in this case.

2-for-1 trades give the other person more wiggle room for completing his/her own set in exchange for what odds say is probably a slightly more desirable card (since someone needs it, after all).  Since we're all friends here, I'm not stuck hard to the 2:1 rule.  Also, generally, after I complete my personal set, I go back to 1:1 trades, or just sell my extras for cash.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 03:33:42 PM »
Yeah, that was sort of the thinking I had as well for how to work trades so I'm absolutely on board with that.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 12:35:29 AM »
UPDATE: All card packs accounted for! I got 26 packs in total (got 10 shipped in a single order from GameStop online alone!) plus the free special card that came with my New Nintendo 3DS bundle.

These are the cards I'm missing:

UPDATE 2: I have completed Series 1!

Here's my current list of many doubles.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:39:06 PM by Kairon »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 03:10:11 AM »
Man, you've got a lot of duplicates.

Well going by Kairon's duplicates, I can get Kiki (34), Nate (59) and Roscoe (78) from Kairon reducing Unclebob's need to supply me cards from 13 to 10. Including those three, these are the cards I currently still need which Kairon states he can provide:

9. Digby
17. Lottie
20. Curt
34. Kiki
59. Nate
70. Biff
78. Roscoe

That's 7.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 01:50:33 AM »
Khush, according to our lists it looks like I have the following cards you need:

DJ KK
Digby
Lottie
Curt
Rasher
Kiki
Sterling
Opal
Nate
Midge
Gruff
Clyde
Biff
Roscoe
Henry
Roald

And you have the following cards I need:

Kyle
Samson
Truffles

Unclebob, can you take a look at my list and see if there's any potential trades we could do?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »
You people are insane.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 02:34:06 AM »
Alright.

Unclebob, I'd like to make the following trade.

You send me:

3   DJ KK
27   Lopez
34   Kiki
36   Alli
48   Sterling
59   Nate
68   Clyde
93   Bertha
97   Willow

And I will send you the following:

6   Resetti
24   Kyle
35   Deli
37   Kabuki
54   Deena
62   T-Bone
76   Jeremiah
87   Bunnie
94   Cyrano

That's 9 for 9 and a special for special card in that trade as well.

As for Kairon, I'm working on a couple local trades and am waiting for a reply from one person. Depending on that reply, I may be able to supply you a Quillson (41) and Mint (63) card. Haven't been able to come up with much else besides them. Was hoping I might come up with more to make it a more even trade like with UncleBob but we may have to arrange something else. I'll let you know more when I get the answers.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 12:57:53 AM »
Keep me posted!

Hmm... I'm not really active at all on the local trading scene. I wonder where I could get started in San Francisco/Bay Area...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 01:20:35 AM »
Well, I was supposed to meet someone today and when I went to the Mall where he said to meet up, the seller never showed. Wouldn't contact me back. Doesn't happen often but it sucks when it does. Some people.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »
I'm not dead, I'm just resting my eyes.

Sorry, things are crazy right now.  Hoping to get to spend some time tonight with this for you two.  I did accidently buy two more packs over the weekend, so I need to double-check my list.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »
Accidently? How could that be an accident?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
You may have not noticed, but I'm not good with money.

With that said, anyone got about $20k they can loan me?