Author Topic: Soul Calibur II Bonus Stuff  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Soul Calibur II Bonus Stuff
« on: July 09, 2003, 05:14:02 AM »
I'll bet less than 50% of you CARE, but nonetheless, I will share my experience. I went into GameStop to sell my Godzilla DAMM (It disappointed me; I was even more disappointed when they'd only give me $7 for it). Anyways I saw a poster there that said that if you reserve SC II, you'll get a book with some "official art" and I think the guy said character bios were in there too (he did say it was 120 pages). I'm thinkin' that's cool so I tell him to use the meager $7 he gave me as a down payment for SCII. I got a poster with some of the characters on it; looks good. When the game comes out, I'll be getting the book. I think I remember hearing somewhere that if you pre–order online at Gamestop, you'll also get a DEMO DISC with I–Ninja and....crap I don't remember what else was on it. But still! A free demo disc.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 05:21:19 AM »
Don't be too harsh Berny, some of us do care. I heard a little bit about the pre-order deal a while back but did not know the promotions had started. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably stop by GS this Saturday for my pre-order.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 06:05:26 AM »
Interesting. The last few times I had visited GameStop (2 different stores), they have tried to get me to lay down $5 to pre-order Soul Caliber II by telling me that I will receive a a SC2 lithograph (a clerk at both stores pulled one out of a drawer to show me what it looks like) and a SC2 T-shirt. Maybe the "bonus items" differ by region?

I would rather receive a demo disc and a book instead of a lithograph (typical 8x12 glossy artwork pic) and a T-Shirt.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 06:24:07 AM »
www.gamestop.com

Pre-Order Soul Calibur 2 and receive a FREE Art Book by BradyGames.  This offer is good for pre-orders only and quantities are limited, so order now!  The Soul Calibur 2 Art Book by BradyGames features character biographies & profiles, sketch designs, landscapes & more!

Order now, and you will also receive a bonus disc with playable demos of Kill.Switch and I-Ninja. This disc also contains trailers, bonus materials and demos of R: Racing Evolution, Time Crisis 3, Moto GP 3, Tekken 4, Ace Combat 4 and Xenosaga: Episode 1.  Contents of this bonus disc subject to change.

If you dont get the bonus disk here, dont worry, Best Buy will have them on sale for $39.99.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 06:37:13 AM »
The bonus disk is a PS2 disk look at the games on it.. Xenosaga, Ace Combat .. Ps2 games
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 06:58:12 AM »
Rhoq,
You only get a litho graph and a T–shirt? Hm, that's strange. I would think it would be the same deal all over. As I said earlier I have the lithograph, and I'll get the art book when the game comes out.
Now I have some questions about the Demo Disc. Is the Demo Disc even for the GCN? Why would it advertise PS2 games. It did say the contents  are subject to change, but does that mean that the GCN version only has the demos of I–Ninja and Kill Switch? I wouldn't think the Big N would be too happy about PS2 games being advertised on its own system. Unless...all those games are coming to a Cube near you...  because Nintendo bought Namco and Sony !
Next up...THE WORLD!!!
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 07:55:25 AM »

Originally posted by: DRJIf you dont get the bonus disk here, dont worry, Best Buy will have them on sale for $39.99.

LMAO

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
RE: Soul Calibur II Bonus Stuff
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 03:12:03 PM »
All i got was a ten dollar discount.....DAMN IT

I geuss that's cool, but I would rather pay the full 50 and get that book, poster, and DEMO DISC.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 05:39:28 PM »
Cool, I bet if I pre-order my copy here in Australia, I'll get an opened copy of the game that's been played all night by the fools at EB, chunky black borders and no 60Htz mode! Yay! WINNER!

America gets all the cool stuff

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 05:49:18 PM »
Damn it... a 120 art book AND a free demo disc? Frig, now I HAVE to pre-order it. Damn you Namco!!!

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 07:56:29 PM »
Ah crap. I just pre-ordered Soul Calibur II from Amazon.com and as far as I know, they have no discounts or cool stuff. Damn. Anyone know if there will be any bonus for preordering F-Zero?

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 10:40:55 PM »
I know EB here in Ocala, FL is offering a free cel of Link when you pre-order SCII for NGC. that's it as far as I know. I know for the ps2 they are giving a T-Shirt of the guy from Tekken.

I don't know but that link cel sound's cool, and I've played the demo and find it better than the original, which I still have for DC. I can't wait to try Link out in action.

Are there any better deals and is the cel art of Link  any good?
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 09:03:18 PM »
Damned schedule...  I'm moving off to college the week before SC2/F-Zero are released, so that leaves with zero-time-window to place my preorders and snag freebies.  Luckily, I posted a question on the LiveJournal community asking where the closest EB and GameStop were.  Call me crazy, but I think a daytrip some time next week is in order just to put down a few bucks on preorders.

Offline Zenhoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2003, 09:17:17 PM »
Jeez... I preordered SCII at GameStop around the time WindWaker Launched and all I got was this little watch that clips on your belt loop.
Henshin-a-go-go-baby