Author Topic: Breaking News: Sony Pictures Servers Hacked  (Read 76206 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Sony Pictures Servers Hacked
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »
Sony Pictures Exec Salaries leaked by #GOP
http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-hacker-executive-salaries-michael-lynton-amy-pascal-1201305434/

I wonder what kind of drama this will drum up in the office building. Generally people aren't supposed to know what each other make. Some people might be demanding raises now, but surely many headaches will be caused by all this.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 01:17:20 AM »
I'd be more concerned with other studios using this information to poach talent.

I wonder what the deal is with those two folks making $.04.  That's weird.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 01:34:00 AM »
Apparently you get a $0.04/yr raise after 17 years.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 01:47:09 AM »
I'd be more concerned with other studios using this information to poach talent.

That's kinda what I mean by asking for raises. another studio might see an opportunity to snatch and make an offer. that person then request a raise as he knows someone else is willing to pay more.
...or they could be pissed because Dumbass in the office down the hall makes $0.04 cents more than him
or the other way around and they are mad that they only make $0.04 cents more than that dumbass down the hall, and that's unacceptable.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »
It's getting even worse....

http://gizmodo.com/the-sony-pictures-hack-exposed-budgets-layoffs-and-3-1665739357/1666122168
We already knew that the Sony Pictures hack was bad, but this is just absurd. BuzzFeed's discoveries include documents detailing "employee criminal background checks, salary negotiations, and doctors' letters explaining the medical rationale for leaves of absence." They also include "the script for an unreleased pilot written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan to the results of sales meetings with local TV executives." Better call Saul.

Sony Pictures suffered a pretty devastating hack last week. In fact, according to documents recently leaked on the web, it looks like Sony Pictures might've just suffered one of the worst corporate hacks in history. Salary numbers, layoff strategies, personal details of laid off staffers, and some 3,800 Social Security numbers are now out in the open.

this is terrible.... Sony should be ashamed that even after the PSN hack they didn't take a company wide initiative to shore up their defenses and secure themselves of such a thing happening again.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Terrible, but pretty funny.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
so damn embarrassing....
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomgara/sony-hack

In the days after the April 2011 breach, Sony enlisted three independent computer security and forensic consulting firms to assess its security infrastructure and identify the culprit of the hack, according to a letter from Sony to members of Congress. In the letter, Sony defended its decision to wait five days to admit its security had been compromised and called on the government to help make the internet safer. “We ask the Committee to consider as well the connection between data security and the cybercrimes and cyber terrorism that threaten to make the Internet unsafe for consumers and commerce,” the letter read.

Years after that hack, Sony Pictures still seems to have a long way to go. One of the files leaked this weekend was a Word document titled “Passwords” that contained an executive’s computer, LotusNotes, and American Express usernames and passwords, as well as Amex credit card numbers, expiration dates, and four-digit security codes.

In the days after the April 2011 breach, Sony enlisted three independent computer security and forensic consulting firms to assess its security infrastructure and identify the culprit of the hack, according to a letter from Sony to members of Congress. In the letter, Sony defended its decision to wait five days to admit its security had been compromised and called on the government to help make the internet safer. “We ask the Committee to consider as well the connection between data security and the cybercrimes and cyber terrorism that threaten to make the Internet unsafe for consumers and commerce,” the letter read.

and here's where it gets kinda funny
Sony Pictures employees now face the grim prospect of extremely personal information bouncing around the internet forever. The documents lifted from company servers include email exchanges with employees regarding specific medical treatments they are undergoing, while one disciplinary letter details a manager’s romantic relationship and business travel history with a subordinate. None of the names on any of the files is redacted.
In some cases, extensive stores of personal employee files — documents that have nothing to do with Sony corporate business — were included in the breach. One document swept up in the hack outlines the breastfeeding diet of a senior executive.

no names withheld either. everyone will have to live this shame down.
I'm sure corporate lawyers won't be the only kind involved in all this mess. A few divorce lawyers may be getting in on this frenzy of "Top Secrets" being revealed.

edit:
here is more info from the leak
http://gawker.com/sony-hack-reveals-25-page-list-of-reasons-it-sucks-to-w-1666264634
Random Employee Complaints. Apparently the general public isn't the only ones sick of Adam Sandler and the **** he creates..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:25:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »
Somebody need to leak the demands of the pirates. 

They can never be met, but if I was the pirate, I would release some silly demands that seem trivial to get public perception even more on our side, and make it look like they are fighting a noble fight.  Even something as silly as forcing Sony to share 100% movie rights with Marvel. 

Or not release the North Korean movie...or something.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 07:23:30 PM »
or going by that "anonymous employee suggestion/complaint" list

Demand #1: Stop making Adam Sandler movie.

this has to be an inside job of some sort right? How do you steal over 100TB's of data remotely from who knows where, and then have time to comb though it and announce it to the company themselves before IT was even aware that they were hacked?
It makes no sense to me.

Can you dump 100TB of data that quick, or do you think they got some backdoor that allowed them to seep it all slowly over the last few weeks or what?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 08:40:18 PM »
Any data worth stealing should be properly organized.

Plus, they probably just torrented the whole thing.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
they torrented the whole thing from the Sony servers? after zipping it up all nice and neat.... and no one noticed till their computers where completely taken over announcing that it had been done?

well, then I have to hand it to the hackers. They have made history by finding Sony's Giant Enemy Crab and hitting it's weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE. Bravo.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 11:27:36 PM »
It was probably saved as a backup.

I'm still waiting on the nudes to leak.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2014, 11:54:51 PM »
nudes?  you mean like the casting couch vids?

If they leak, I will let you know ;)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »
A hundred terabytes is a lot of information, but I don't think it would take too long to download. Another way to look at is like this...it's roughly 100,000 gb. If I split that amongst different systems I grant access (let's say 20), each system is responsible for downloading 500 gb. If I, your average joe, can download a 40gb file in a couple hours on a shitty ISP plan, then surely each system could download 500gb in half a day.

Then again, what the **** do I know?

I hope it was an inside job.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 12:21:18 AM »
w/o IT noticing though?

that's what I don't get. Was there no one on duty? was their security and firewall literally the asbestos packed room they keep the servers in with a guard standing outside the door?

pathetic. Or maybe I just don't understand how hacking and draining an entire tech companies servers of valuable and private information works.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 12:31:57 AM »
That would make one interesting article.

Or TED talk.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 12:40:30 AM »
Need to improve the creative staff in Motion Pictures. Seems like we just reboot old product instead of coming up with new ideas like the Hunger Games.

lol wut?

http://gawker.com/sony-hack-reveals-25-page-list-of-reasons-it-sucks-to-w-1666264634
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 12:44:46 AM »
Need to improve the creative staff in Motion Pictures. Seems like we just reboot old product instead of coming up with new ideas like the Hunger Games.

lol wut?

Yeah, I posted that link earlier. I agree with all the Sandler hate too.
his movies (past the first few) are pretty terrible and not in a funny way.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 07:35:48 AM »
One document swept up in the hack outlines the breastfeeding diet of a senior executive.

Pass the brain bleach.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
We knew this was coming, but I guess this part of the docs have been leaked :(

Hackers leak Sony passwords, social security numbers and salaries
http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/05/sony-hack-update/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 11:49:23 PM »
Oh ****... GOP decides to UP THE ANTE

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/hackers-threaten-sony-employees-in-new-email-your-family-will-be-in-danger-1201372230/

I am the head of GOP who made you worry.

Removing Sony Pictures on earth is a very tiny work for our group which is a worldwide organization. And what we have done so far is only a small part of our further plan. It’s your false if you think this crisis will be over after some time. All hope will leave you and Sony Pictures will collapse. This situation is only due to Sony Pictures. Sony Pictures is responsible for whatever the result is. Sony Pictures clings to what is good to nobody from the beginning. It’s silly to expect in Sony Pictures to take off us. Sony Pictures makes only useless efforts. One beside you can be our member.

Many things beyond imagination will happen at many places of the world. Our agents find themselves act in necessary places. Please sign your name to object the false of the company at the email address below if you don’t want to suffer damage. If you don’t, not only you but your family will be in danger.

Nobody can prevent us, but the only way is to follow our demand. If you want to prevent us, make your company behave wisely.

and the FBI is on the case.
GOP are taking on the company, the employees, and everyone close to them.

Either someone is really trying to play up the viral marketing for The Interview. (That engrish is so broken)
or North Korea may really have something to do with it.,

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »
It sounds very Korean-like English.  I mean Korean that has been put through a translator.  The complicated phrases is something I hear everyday…That said my wife disagrees, because it sounds too perfect.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
looks like I posted these in the wrong thread....

Corporate powerpoint slides from Sony are out in the wild....

this one really makes no damn sense.... where's the Playstation marketing?

and there are more, but I don't feel like linking anymore.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »
And a Rueters News Story on Hackers in N. Korea

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0JJ08B20141205?irpc=932
Reuters) - Despite its poverty and isolation, North Korea has poured resources into a sophisticated cyber-warfare cell called Bureau 121, defectors from the secretive state said as Pyongyang came under the microscope for a crippling hack into computers at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

A North Korean diplomat has denied Pyongyang was behind the attack that was launched last month but a U.S. national security source said it was a suspect.

Defectors from the North have said Bureau 121, staffed by some of the most talented computer experts in the insular state, is part of the General Bureau of Reconnaissance, an elite spy agency run by the military. They have said it is involved in state-sponsored hacking, used by the Pyongyang government to spy on or sabotage its enemies.

Pyongyang has active cyber-warfare capabilities, military and software security experts have said. Much of it is targeted at the South, technically still in a state of war with North Korea. But Pyongyang has made no secret of its hatred of the United States, which was on the South's side in the 1950-53 Korean War.

Military hackers are among the most talented, and rewarded, people in North Korea, handpicked and trained from as young as 17, said Jang Se-yul, who studied with them at North Korea's military college for computer science, or the University of Automation, before defecting to the South six years ago.

So it really could be N. Korea lashing out because of that movie.

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »
I wish I didn't live in Nebraska. Out station only ran a 30 second story on this but we devoted two fucking hours to the Huskers new head coach. We did cut into the NASA launch live so that was exciting and I met my first semi-celebrity we had a comedy central comedian on our talk show so that was kind of interesting. But this whole Sony thing is really heating up so I was expecting we would have more info on it but so far we haven't run anything more than just a few clips we got from GMA.
Trying to be a better person, honest.