Author Topic: Info about GameCube "2"  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Hyper-Link

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Info about GameCube "2"
« on: June 27, 2003, 12:37:54 PM »
GameCube 2

This is now the THIRD rule you've broken in less than a week.  No reposting copyirghted information.  This is your last warning.  READ THE RULES.  NOW!
"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it

Offline Hyper-Link

• View Profile
RE: Info about GameCube "2"
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 12:41:34 PM »
I think that's a little expensive for a next gen system, at least $249, but $300, come on. I think they'll lower it though.

(knowing Sony, they will cost about $400, lol)
"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it

Offline muzein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 01:12:36 PM »
Well, they are using a modified IBM PPC 750 aka G3 right now in the GC...I bet they will do something similiar with the brand new G5 in the GC2.

IBM has spent 3 billion dollars building the new plant that produces the G5 (PPC 970), so far it is used in IBM's Linux Blade servers and in Apple's new Powermacs,  I am betting they are looking for as money customers as they can get though to justify the R&D cost on it though.

Offline mariomeatball

• View Profile
Info about GameCube "2"
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 02:19:41 PM »
ohmygosh, if the next nintendo system uses the G5 i'll wet myself!!!! Its so sweet... check out some of the specs on Apple's website.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Info about GameCube "2"
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 03:10:02 PM »
$300 seams right for the launch of the systems, at least for PS3 and XBox2. GC2 may launch at $300 if it is first to market then drop to $250 to compete with the other two. Since it will be a gaming only machine and the others will include lots of extra crap like DVD players and what not.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Info about GameCube "2"
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 04:07:10 PM »
I agree that $300 is la likely starting price for the GC2, especially if it beats the competition. I don't believe a DVD player will be much of a selling point, though. Almost everyone I can think of has a DVD player, so I don't see them paying $50 more to get one with their consoles. Because of this I think this will be a good console generation for gamers because Sony, M$, and Ninty will have to rely on userbase, performance, and games rather than extras.  
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Info about GameCube "2"
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 05:02:11 PM »
I dont care for all the extras anyways. Its like those all in one printer/copier/scanner/faxer, that do it all ok, but dont do any one thing perfectly. I have a DVD for playing DVDs and a sterio for playing CDs, plue I have a computer that cam play em too. I have a gamecube for playing games. If you want to add extras include them free, or sell them as seperate add ons so that people who do want them can pay for them, but I wont have to.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 05:18:25 PM »
What is teh G5?
Is it good?
Don't start screaming at me just cause I don't knoe what it is.
I just wanna know.
How will/might it help NIntendo in making the GC2?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline HolyPaladin

• View Profile
Info about GameCube "2"
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2003, 05:39:05 PM »
Okay, my problem is still with the Microsoft BS.  I don't care how reliable his source might seem to be, it still makes absolutely no sense by any stretch of the imagination for Nintendo to put time, effort, and money into a console for them to end up with Microsoft.  If Nintendo is thinking about going that route, they wouldn't be pumping resources, including millions of dollars, into development of unnecessary hardware that will never get sold if abandoned for Microsoft's hardware.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.