Author Topic: Meta Knight Confirmed for Upcoming Super Smash Bros. Titles  (Read 3309 times)

Meta Knight Confirmed for Upcoming Super Smash Bros. Titles
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »

The Kirby series mainstay is officially joining the battle.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38271/meta-knight-confirmed-for-upcoming-super-smash-bros-titles

Meta Knight will be a playable combatant in the forthcoming Super Smash Bros. games for Wii U and 3DS.

The longtime Kirby series mainstay’s inclusion was confirmed via today’s official Miiverse post by Smash Bros. Director Masahiro Sakurai. A Battleship Halberd stage reminiscent of Meta Knight’s home stage from his Brawl debut was also revealed.

The character’s controversial mechanics and abilities, which many saw as overpowered in his first Smash Bros. outing, have been tweaked. Sakurai gave this brief rundown of the some of the changes: “Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move.”

With Meta Knight’s inclusion, the roster for the new Smash Bros. games has grown to include 37 character slots. The Wii U and 3DS versions of the game will share the same character list, so those who need to know the full roster will likely get the complete list once the 3DS version hits Japan on September 13. The 3DS version will roll out in western territories on October 3, while the Wii U version currently has a vague Holiday 2014 release planned.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Meta Knight Confirmed for Upcoming Super Smash Bros. Titles
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »
Nerfed!

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »
Can't wait to see the competinerds cry about him anyway

actually, I can't wait to see the competinerds cry about SSB4 not being an exact carbon-copy of Melee like they did with Brawl

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:37:57 PM »
I hope he isn't nerfed. Just Sakurai messing with the fans some more.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 07:48:10 PM »

actually, I can't wait to see the competinerds cry about SSB4 not being an exact carbon-copy of Melee like they did with Brawl

lol, It's so funny when people get riled up that a competitive scene exists for Smash Bros. 

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:46:55 PM »
Like there was any doubt a Kirby character was getting chucked.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 08:48:11 PM »
Let's make it a full Smash Bros thread!

Ridley for Smash!

Hashtag Tripping!

Final Destination, No Items!

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 10:49:28 PM »

lol, It's so funny when people get riled up that a competitive scene exists for Smash Bros.

Who's getting riled up? I just happen to enjoy watching nerd tears gush like waterfalls. You know, at those who'll gnash their teeth at Sakurai having the audacity to change anything from Melee, and wail that Smash Bros is now RUINED FOREVER (and still buy both SSB4 games anyway)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:50:13 AM »

Who's getting riled up? I just happen to enjoy watching nerd tears gush like waterfalls. You know, at those who'll gnash their teeth at Sakurai having the audacity to change anything from Melee, and wail that Smash Bros is now RUINED FOREVER (and still buy both SSB4 games anyway)

I've been away from the competitive scene for quite a while, but if any competitive smash player has common sense, they'll understand that despite some of the nods to them this past year, SSB4 will not superscede Melee for competitive play. 
I also think you're maybe confusing the competitive scene with the melodrama of the internet.  Most people I knew in the local scene took a very wait-and-see attitude with Brawl, and when they got to play a bit, shrugged their shoulders and went back to playing Melee.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:52:07 AM »
On topic, I'm not surprised he was confirmed, but I'm personally not a fan.  Felt a little too floaty for my tastes.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »
I'd have been surprised if he didn't return.