Author Topic: Downright hilarious --- a must-see Flash movie for any Nintendo fan!  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Juno Reactor

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I was browsing the Zelda boards over at IGN earlier today when I stumbled upon a link to an AWESOME Flash movie on the Zelda games, one called "The Return of Ganondorf."  I didn't know what to expect at first (I clicked on it only out of curiosity) but I was literally smiling ear to ear by the time the end credits rolled.  It's absolutely hilarious, a total pleasure to watch, with colorful, smoothly animated illustrations and brilliant voice work, making the Zelda fanatic in me warm and tingly with glee, and I think that even casual fans of the series could find some enjoyment in it.  It's really good, in my opinion.  But enough blabbing.  Check it out at:

The Return of Ganondorf

As its rating clearly indicates, it's totally clean, so you can rest easy as you enjoy the hilarious antics of Link as he investigates Ganondorf's sudden change of character.  And it downloads quickly, too, in spite of its good length.  You'll love it, I guarantee.  And I know this would be better suited for the Zelda boards, but please moderators, leave it here, where this great work of art can get some proper exposure.  This movie made me really happy, and I bet it'll make others here happy too.  Don't take it as an ad; take it as a heads-up for a real Nintendo fan treat.

Anyways, be sure to post your thoughts afterwards.  Perhaps this will encourage the guy (or girl) who made the movie to make a sequel.  And try clicking a bunch of times on Ganondorf's squeak doll at the end for another special treat!

God, I love this movie.  I'll put it in my sig.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Downright hilarious --- a must-see Flash movie for any Nintendo fan!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 06:00:52 PM »
LMAO!! Jesus that was good. Great character designs, too. Ah, my ribs hurt from laughing so hard. Hehehehe.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 06:28:33 PM »
another good one is called "Mario Twins"
it can be found at www.newgrounds.com

it is truly funny.
it was time for a change.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Downright hilarious --- a must-see Flash movie for any Nintendo fan!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 06:48:17 PM »
Aw man, once again Newgrounds shows just how much they hate my poor 56k, as the movie refuses to load! Yay! -_-

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 06:50:39 PM »
i got cable and my average rate is 300k and it wont load on me either...so your not alone.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 06:55:08 PM »
That Flash Movie was hilarious!!!  Thanks for the link Juno.  You guys should check out the other movies too, they're just as great, especially the 8-Bit ones.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 09:56:29 PM »
Heh.  Amusing.  I actually prefer his "One Ring" movies though.  Man, you know you spend too much time on Newgrounds when you can identify an artist simply by watching one of his movies...

My favorites remain the 8-bit theatre movies, and The Void trilogy.    I can't wait for part 3 of each of those.  TLF said he was working on part 3 a while ago, and the voice actors were practicing their lines.  You know, I actually emailed COTMM and asked him for the Hadoken sound effect?  He actually sent it to me too.  The dude is awesome.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
RE: Downright hilarious --- a must-see Flash movie for any Nintendo fan!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2003, 10:33:45 PM »
heheh i should get into new grounds more, there is some awsome stuff there.

such as this

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2003, 10:39:52 PM »
Ahaha! That was hilarious

The accent's could have been better though, it didnt sound cheesy enough. But still, LOL!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 08:38:45 AM »
i was just over at newgrounds today when i discovered mario twins
hilarious.  go see it
http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/mario.html
this is the link to all the mario cartoons.  if you want to see mario twins, well, i think you can figure it out
Shiggity Shiggity Shwa!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 09:08:07 AM »
Heh, I posted that movie in Hylian Legends, I guess this came here first and I didnt realize.

Oh well, I like Legendary Frog's movies. One of the better flash cartoonists at Newgrounds.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 09:09:45 AM »
FIX THE SERVER!!!
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 01:20:50 PM »
damn that was good..iv been workign on one of my own for a while..butr its more serios....but man thats good..i have really good plotline ideas but i dont know how i would really execute them in an Animé episode. I need someone to help me make story boards, add humor, action sequences.....yeah....

http://www.geocities.com/triadpsoclan/zeldawalls.swf

thats what i have so far...not much. I have a cool plot worked out, but i just cant move the plot...im notvery good at story boards, so i haev to put thigns together off the top of my head.....someone help me?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 07:24:39 PM »
I just saw this in a thread in Hylian Legends, but yes, this is an awesome animation.  Loved it.

Another cool animation on Newgrounds is one called Super Mario Blitz.  It's a flash animation with a bunch of Mario sprites going about doing random stuff to music.  No plot or anything, but very cool, and the best (maybe only good) sprite animation I've ever seen.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 09:24:27 PM »
so anyone want to help me with mine...i get so tired of working on these projects by myself.....it makes them hard to get done....

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 09:22:36 AM »
The link is down, so I can't really help you very much.  If you give me the idea of what's going on, though, I may be able to provide some ideas.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 02:08:32 PM »
okay...the link isnt down...you have to get the url by itslf and paste it into a window..you cannot direct link to geocities...you must open it by itself. So copy the link wihtout clicking on it and paste it into the url bar and then press go. Itr should load...maybe slowly...i dont hav ea frame loader or anything...its in some early stages.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 02:31:52 PM »
I watched it, but I still have no idea what the plot is about.  Is it like an alternate storyline to OoT?  If so, what exactly is the difference.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2003, 03:18:19 PM »
yeah its ahrd to make it into a cartoon..i can imagine it as a game....well my plotline deals with what happens when he returns back to his old time. In the end of ocarina of tiem it seems as though he's caught in a parodox. Ganondorf is still around(because he was inprisoned in hte future...not in links earlier years) and its as if he never pulled out the mastersword creating the whoel mess in the first place. ut because ganondorf is such an asshole im going to allow him to still cause trouble...by like searching for evil artifacts other then the triforce that make him super powerful.