Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 217213 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: Brotherhood of the traveling furniture.
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2013, 08:50:44 PM »
Thank you!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
Can't believe I forgot my stylus at home. So hard to type w/o it. I misplaced my Wii U stylus and so I was using the 3DS one and I left it in the gamepad. :P

Tomorrow I'm gonna sell or move half of this crap and begin my buying spree again...or buy more turnips :D
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »
More turnips. Didn't this experience cause the turnip market bug to bite you and get into the turnip selling experience?

Ugh. The Harvest Festival quest may be the worst thing I've experience in Animal Crossing. All to get the lame Cornicopia piece of furniture. But I finally acquired it so if you don't have it but want it in your catalogue, let me know. It took forever to get the clam and scallop. By the time I was done, I received a badge for getting 50% of the sea creatures encyclopedia, 80% of the sea creatures encyclopedia and a master diver badge. Then, I still had to do more fishing so I could trade fish with villagers to get other ingredients for the other dishes to make. Thankfully, that is all over now.

Met up with Thatguy randomly today. While I first had left my system on for Stratos to come over, I looked over to check up on it while I was watching a movie and saw an error message was on it. I went to re-open my gates and was told that someone else had their gates open. Wondering if it was Stratos, I checked to see and it was Thatguy. Not sure why he opened his gates but I went right over and added him as a best friend and got to check out his pad. He's got a pretty awesome village going on and has constructed a couple new pieces I hadn't seen before. A giant boot and a wire frame heart. Plus, he gave me a bunch of Gyroids which will further help in the completion of the catalogue.

According to my charts, I now have over 51% of the catalogue on record but I haven't got a badge yet for it. I don't get why that is unless it is only going by furniture only in which case I'd need around a 100 or so more pieces. I'm finding that odd at the moment.

Well, anyways, Animal Crossing has wasted another day for me. What a game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
Yeah, it was nice to see thatguy. I friend-ed him too. He was part of the 'old gang' in City Folk.

The turnip bug has bitten me as I dumped all of my money yet again into turnips. Easily 700k put in this time. I'm trying to get another 100k in before she leaves by selling stuff. I'm also taking a moment to organize my items and closet so I can more easily keep track during our 100% crusade.

I wonder if the badge is only based off of original items in the game, not DLC. It could also not count 'timed exclusive' furniture like holiday items. I'll bet the badge is meant to be achieved even by someone who can never connect their 3DS to the internet (it's for the kids sake, I would assume).
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2013, 12:12:27 PM »
Yeah, it was nice to see thatguy. I friend-ed him too. He was part of the 'old gang' in City Folk.

The turnip bug has bitten me as I dumped all of my money yet again into turnips. Easily 700k put in this time. I'm trying to get another 100k in before she leaves by selling stuff. I'm also taking a moment to organize my items and closet so I can more easily keep track during our 100% crusade.

I wonder if the badge is only based off of original items in the game, not DLC. It could also not count 'timed exclusive' furniture like holiday items. I'll bet the badge is meant to be achieved even by someone who can never connect their 3DS to the internet (it's for the kids sake, I would assume).
i assume so, in pokemon since d/p you can  complete the pokedex even if you can't get any event pokemon...

khush do you have any alts? those can be very useful for storage

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »
Are you going to join us in our Mad Crusade for the Title 'King of Stuff'?
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »
No alts yet but I have been thinking more and more about creating some. I was just hoping to crack the 100,000,000 bell mark first before spending money on alt account homes for more storage. That said, I finally decided to spend a bit and expand my home more to start storing some of the items I do want to keep and clear up some clutter.

But like they say, you have to spend money to make money so maybe I just need to bite the bullet and start building other homes..... to use for storing more turnips! Yeah!

However, this get to another problem of how I haven't bothered to do much with my city planning so I'd have to start figuring out where I want to build things and try and make spaces where I always want villagers to move into and other such stuff. 182 hours in and still so much to do.

On the catalogue topic, DLC items do not count and I am not including them in my count. My excel sheets are almost ready. I finally went through all pieces of furniture and removed the DLC content from the count. But somehow, I've ended up short 1 piece. My list is at 1213 and it should be 1214. So, I'll have to go through everything again here and see what I did wrong. Once I've corrected the mistake, I'll be able to send you and Mop it up the lists if you still want them. I know Mop it up mentioned giving up on the catalogue but she can always use the sheets as a point of reference for buying as she can still check them for items we haven't acquired and just buy those and help save herself some bells.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
There are other items besides the DLC items that don't count towards the catalogue badges. I don't know exactly what they are, but I know many people have talked about it so there are some.

Also of note, the badge man doesn't always appear right away. It can take him up to a week to show up to hand over the badge. Many people believe it depends on the weather for the day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »
I have a throne that showed up at nook's if anyone is interested, I'm opening my gate asap

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
Buy it and we will reimburse you. How much is it?
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
800k, I have my own things to worry about.... Although if I close the gate and go beetle farming I could make up the difference but I would demand more money for it as a result...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:45:38 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 10:53:22 PM »
More turnips. Didn't this experience cause the turnip market bug to bite you and get into the turnip selling experience?

Ugh. The Harvest Festival quest may be the worst thing I've experience in Animal Crossing. All to get the lame Cornicopia piece of furniture. But I finally acquired it so if you don't have it but want it in your catalogue, let me know. It took forever to get the clam and scallop. By the time I was done, I received a badge for getting 50% of the sea creatures encyclopedia, 80% of the sea creatures encyclopedia and a master diver badge. Then, I still had to do more fishing so I could trade fish with villagers to get other ingredients for the other dishes to make. Thankfully, that is all over now.

Met up with Thatguy randomly today. While I first had left my system on for Stratos to come over, I looked over to check up on it while I was watching a movie and saw an error message was on it. I went to re-open my gates and was told that someone else had their gates open. Wondering if it was Stratos, I checked to see and it was Thatguy. Not sure why he opened his gates but I went right over and added him as a best friend and got to check out his pad. He's got a pretty awesome village going on and has constructed a couple new pieces I hadn't seen before. A giant boot and a wire frame heart. Plus, he gave me a bunch of Gyroids which will further help in the completion of the catalogue.

According to my charts, I now have over 51% of the catalogue on record but I haven't got a badge yet for it. I don't get why that is unless it is only going by furniture only in which case I'd need around a 100 or so more pieces. I'm finding that odd at the moment.

Well, anyways, Animal Crossing has wasted another day for me. What a game.

That wasn't me. I haven't played AC in about a month.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 11:03:58 PM »
Snagged the throne at the last minute, love the last 15 mins theme music for the nook store btw

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
Ha ha, that's funny. What was the name and town of this mysterious person?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »
Crap, really? I best-friended this guy...
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
Suddenly this thread is jumping.

Well, if it isn't Thatguy, then it must have been Nintendad who's name is also Jason from the (AC) town of Sawshank. Which makes sense as he is a big Bengals fan and it surprised me when I thought it was thatguy I was visiting. Of course, there is more evidence I could mention but I think everyone is familiar with my detective schtick at the moment so good enough. The wierd thing about it all was how he just went along with it never questioning or saying anything to imply he wasn't what I and Stratos thought he was. Even better, he had a whole Santa suit on with the beard as well. It was the perfect disguise! Even fooling Ace Detective Khushrenada.

On the subject of badges, I've never seen an instance where Phineas didn't appear as soon as I met the criteria for a badge. Look what happened on the Harvest festival when I got 3 badges instantly for my diving efforts. As for the item list of what appears in the catalogue and what doesn't, I'm going on the basis of this faq shown here which is the most comprehensive and reliable guide I've found since starting this endeavor. Still, even if the game is going by a slightly different criteria, I know and am happy with the fact that I have achieved the 51% mark of everything. Onwards, I say. More stuff! When the badge does show up, I'll check through my lists and see what may have brought it about. We'll crack this code yet!

As for the throne, shame you bought it. I could have acquired one over a month ago if I wanted to. There's a home in my HHA showcase that has it and I could order it in through the catalogue for a bit more than normal retail. I haven't because I want to buy that item when it actually appears in my shop to help with my acquiring of the spending badge. Same with the crowns. I could get those also but have waited for them to appear in my shops and one finally did. Mop it up had the other but I'll buy it for myself when it appears. Of course, when I can unlock the Gracie shop, then that will go a long way to speeding up the requirements for that badge.

Still, since Stratos said we'd reimburse you, I'll chip in half the amount and leave it to the others to pay for the rest. Also, didn't the shop had special music for the last 15 minutes of the day. I'll have to check that out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »
New business!

Golden furniture. So, turns out I had the golden dressor already. I thought it was golden closet but it was the dressor. Therefore, I gave you a golden chair for a peice of furniture I already have. However, I was pretty sure when I was going through Stratos things that he had two golden tables. Therefore, can I send back this extra dressor and pick up one your tables instead?

Also, Pokepal148 since you are lurking this thread so much, are you bothering with golden furniture? What are you doing with your gold? Because I will buy or trade it from you if you aren't using it. I want gooooooolllllddddddd!

Also, I really hate how this game jerks me around. I needed the Yoshi's eg(g), Super Star and Triple Bananas. Stratos gave me the eg(g) and the bananas. Since then, I've had two Yoshi's eg(g)s pop and two triple bananas appear from my fortune cookies. Still no Super Star. Same thing would happen with fossils. Just give me my star and let me move on with my life game!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »
I know. I wait forever for the complete set of zelda clothes. Then after I finally get one they flood me with more than I can look at.

I wish I knew that the gold was for making furniture. I sold a ton from the early days of the game. I had almost my entire closet full of the different ores because I thought they were important. I gave up and sold a bunch and THEN found out about how you can create the 'gold set'. I thought they were just gold colored items like how the other furniture can be adjusted.

Do you need any items from the previous holidays? I think I already put out most of my closet stash but I found the 4th of July special items again. I had collected all but one of them. And I do need the cornucopia. I gave up after one food item.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:14 PM »
I probably have some gold ore somewhere. Everyone seems to want it so I've always saved it to give to people. Not sure how much I might have now, but any I find I can give to you, Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
Thanks! Take that Stratos! But yes, please keep it aside for furniture and refurbishing purposes. Are you sure I can't get you something in return for it?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »
@Khush I've been selling it atm although I may be able to hold on to it. I am trying to complete Gracie's current set of furniture (gorgeous to be exact) but was set back by the throne,

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
Then I'll give you a bunch of other ore I've got like rubies and sapphires on emerald bay (sorry, started sing a song there) in exchange for your gold and give you the funds you need. Want some right now because I'm free to pop up over at the moment.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
You don't seem to have me added atm

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »
I thought I had a long time ago. Alright. Added.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »
Thanks charter :(