Author Topic: SteamWorld Dig Coming to the 3DS eShop August 8  (Read 1430 times)

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
SteamWorld Dig Coming to the 3DS eShop August 8
« on: July 29, 2013, 11:08:08 AM »

Get ready to dig!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35037

Swedish developer Image & Form’s latest game, SteamWorld Dig, is headed to the 3DS eShop simultaneously in Europe, North America, and Australia on August 8.

“We finished development of SteamWorld Dig in the end of June. It has since passed Nintendo's lotcheck and is ready for release,” said Brjann Sigurgeirsson, CEO of Image & Form.

SteamWorld Dig is a “hardcore platform mining adventure,” set in a post-apocalyptic version of the 19th century. In this mining adventure, you take the role of Rusty, a steam-powered robot that accidently unleashed an ancient evil while mining for precious minerals. In addition to “taking on the terrors of the underground,” you’ll also be able to dig tunnels, mine for minerals and upgrade your gear.

According to Image & Form, the game “contains around 12 hours of solid gameplay,” and will cost 8.99 USD, 8.99 EUR, and 11.99 AUD respectively. The official trailer will be available on August 6.

You can read our interview with Sigurgeirsson for more information about the game.

James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: SteamWorld Dig Coming to the 3DS eShop August 8
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »
If nothing else, sounds like a unique idea. And if it has 12 hours of gameplay, then $9 seems like a reasonable price. Personally, I would have gotten the trailer out now, not just 2 days before. Stopping any chance of hype...
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: SteamWorld Dig Coming to the 3DS eShop August 8
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »
If nothing else, sounds like a unique idea. And if it has 12 hours of gameplay, then $9 seems like a reasonable price. Personally, I would have gotten the trailer out now, not just 2 days before. Stopping any chance of hype...
It's not a trailer, but I did find this on the developer's YouTube channel.
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report