Author Topic: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U Price Point Listed on Amazon  (Read 9170 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U Price Point Listed on Amazon
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 07:07:09 PM »
Nintendo would be smart to do one of these new "buy something, get a discount on something else" deals with Windwaker HD.

That being said, I will buy this. I borrowed Wind Waker from a friend to play it originally.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 07:20:10 PM »
The two approaches seem inconsistent and contradictory.  It also seems to be up to the whims of Nintendo, with no clearly defined objective (besides money).  You never know how Nintendo will re-release a game and on what platform.

Inconsistent and contradictory behavior is par for the course for Nintendo. I love them, but that's just how they are. And yes, it's about money. If Nintendo thinks they can get away with charging that, then that's what they're going to do.

It isn't like they muck with old movies (George Lucas' insanity being the exception) or albums or books.  No one would ever suggest re-releasing old Beatles albums with remixes and re-recordings that better cater to today's listeners, while leaving the original versions out-of-print but with videogames that seems normal.  Hollywood likes their remakes but they don't shove the original in the vault forever.

This happens all the time. You mentioned The Beatles; they released remastered versions of all their albums a few years back. That's basically what this is, going back and improving the textures and rendering it in HD.

I also find it rather ridiculous that the Wii U struggles with jack **** for games and one of Nintendo's top priorities was to assign a team to remake an old game, when they already don't seem to have enough manpower to make enough NEW games for the console.

It's not like they decided to make this a week ago. When they started this they had no way of knowing the trouble the Wii U would be in right now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »
Considering I bought Wind Waker back on Player's Choice, there's no way I'd pay more than that for an HD version.

I was surprised that Ocarina of Time 3D sold so well, considering the original version is only $10 on the Wii VC. Wind Waker HD has the advantage that it will be the only option available, outside of the used GCN market anyway.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
Ocarina of Time 3D was a pretty significant improvement over the original (how much this one will be remains to be seen) and it also offered a portable form of the game for the first time. Another advantage was that OoT3D came out at a time when there were virtually no other 3DS games coming out. They really should have gotten Wind Waker out a few months earlier for a similar situation.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »
Ocarina of Time 3D also included Master Quest which is something that Nintendo didn't have to do, but was certainly appreciated. If Wind Waker HD has an unlockable remixed quest, that would definitely help justify the price.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 10:50:18 PM »
I'm fine with this game existing, just not as a fairly unimpressive HD conversion sold for only $10 less than a new game.  Companies going back & tweaking their old games allows us to better keep them relevant for newer generations. Wind Waker was a decent game with some serious flaws, and had those flaws been addressed in this remake, we could have the experience the designers always intended the game to be (but couldn't accomplish due to Nintendo rushing its release).  But as it is, I just don't want to play that Wind Waker experience again enough to warrant a nearly full-price purchase.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
Wind Waker was a great game with some minor flaws

Fixed that for you.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »
Wind Waker was a great game with some minor flaws

Fixed that for you.

The monotonous, clumsily-implemented sailing and the pointless padding of the Triforce quest (which, sadly, would pave the way for even worse wastes of time in future 3D Zelda games) were not minor flaws.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
The Triforce hunt was a little boring, but I wouldn't call it a serious flaw. And the sailing was so minor that you have to be nitpicking to have a problem with it. Seriously, it takes all of 5 seconds to change the direction and you don't have to do it that often.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 10:36:11 PM »
Ocarina of Time 3D also included Master Quest which is something that Nintendo didn't have to do, but was certainly appreciated. If Wind Waker HD has an unlockable remixed quest, that would definitely help justify the price.
Wind Waker has a second quest but it's barely different, so it'd be cool if they mixed some stuff around in this release. I wonder if they had planned to do more with the second quest but just didn't have the time...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
Is the second quest where you get to play as Link in his blue Outset Island outfit? Was there more to it? I only completed Wind Waker once since I was in the middle of college when it came out and I just replayed the final boss a bunch of times because it was awesome. I meant something along the lines of a Master Quest for Wind Waker with rearranged dungeons.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
Any time characters talked in Hylian, they changed it to English (or whatever language your game was in, I guess). Gave you some hints at the timeline.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:33 PM »
You also started with the Deluxe PictoBox.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 11:16:50 PM »
Didn't Ruppees carryover too, or something?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 11:19:05 PM »
I found the sailing peaceful.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
Nope, I don't believe so on the rupees. But I think the Nintendo Gallery does.

ShyGuy, so did I. I think it's why I enjoyed replaying it.