Author Topic: Resident Evil: Revelations. Chris is a Sailor!  (Read 9822 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Resident Evil: Revelations. Chris is a Sailor!
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »

Picked this up at Fred Meyer today, they only had one disc left. Did they only order one or did they sell the other copies?

Update right out of the box. This seems to be becoming the standard for all new games, not just Wii U.

Miiverse popups are optional.

I just signed up for ResidentEvil.net I knew not that it existed.Crap! my link code isn't working. Thanks, CRAPCOM.

Now who wants to play online!?!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:27:09 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil: Revelations. Chris is a Sailor!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:14 PM »
Huh. I guess I had to play a round before it would link my account.

And hey, there's achievements too, for those who care!

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:47:52 PM »
So far the game its great, great atmosphere and music. On the graphics department the game is lacking a bit, granted is still a 3ds game and looks great in HD, but some textures are blurry and plain ugly. Overall am very pleased with the game and its much better than playing Resi 6.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:01 AM »
I just found the free DLC on the eShop. Three free pistols.

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »
I am thinking of purchasing this, but I have it on 3DS.  Anyone else have both the 3DS and Wii U versions?  Is there anything different other than HD visuals, DLC and Miiverse?  Any new levels in single player or raid mode?  Can you go above level 50 in raid mode?  New playable characters?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:11:54 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
I am thinking of purchasing this, but I have it on 3DS.  Anyone else have both the 3DS and Wii U versions?  Is there anything different other than HD visuals, DLC and Miiverse?  Any new levels in single player or raid mode?  Can you go above level 50 in raid mode?  New playable characters?
I was going to LMGTFY, but I'll be nice.

There is Miiverse support. In single player mode, there's a new enemy (who I believe also shows up in Raid Mode) and a new Infernal Difficulty where the items and enemies are rearranged (and probably stronger). In Raid Mode, Hunk and human Rachel are now playable. I believe Female Hunk and Ooze Rachel are DLC. There are three new costumes thus far (Pirate Jill = swoon). A while ago, I recall Capcom saying they plan on increasing the level 50 limit, not sure if that happened. I think you get to sell the weapons you find in Raid Mode for currency to use in the game's store.

As far as I know, there's no local Raid Mode co-op, only online.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18:58 AM »
Do I still need to beat the game to play Raid mode?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
Do I still need to beat the game to play Raid mode?

You don't need to do that on the 3DS version either. You unlock Raid levels the further you get into the game. For example, clearing episodes 1-3 will unlock stages 1-7 in Raid mode.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
I just found the free DLC on the eShop. Three free pistols.
Oi, those be my pistols, for that ye must walk the plank :D

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 11:38:16 PM »
My friend told me Toys "R" Us is having a Buy One Get One 40% off this week so this happened:

Also, that is one of my cats, Noodle Elizabeth (partially visible is my other cat, Acorn Marie).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »
I tell ya, the box art front and back was not impressive. What other game did you get?

I played my first online match today, pretty sweet! No lag!

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 01:34:59 AM »
I am having a blast with the game, I just finished episode 3. So far the game has great pacing and some difficult but manageable bosses. It reminds me a lot for some reason to pre third person perspective resident evil games, it's kind of cool after the abysmal 5 and 6.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 08:14:08 AM »
What other game did you get?
I got Mario Tennis Open for 3DS tentatively. I played it at the Play n Trade my friend manages last year and I liked it, but I think the series is better suited on a console so when a Wii U Mario Tennis comes out, I'll probably get it. Toys "R" Us was closing in five minutes so I just needed a game I knew wouldn't drop in price. I'm just holding onto it until a different 3DS game I want comes out, possibly Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D because I apparently can't get enough of double dipping. I considered Injustice: Gods Among Men, but with no Supergirl (yet?), what's the point?

Anyway, I'm playing through Casual so I can unlock Raid Mode Stages easier.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
Who's playing online?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »
THIS GUY, although I'm only three episodes deep in the Campaign 'cause I started it today. Raid Mode is super fun, ya'll. Played the balls out of it on 3DS.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 12:58:03 AM »
Just played the demo - pretty good stuff. Definitely has the intensity of the older games where you're worried that something might be around the corner instead of fighting off a horde of enemies at once.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »
Who's playing online?

I am!!! This game is pretty decent, well worth the price... But still not as good as some of the older installments of the series. Already beat the campaign, working through it for the second time. But if anyone is playing Raid mode, or looking for friends, please add me... :P Its hard to find people playing, unless you set up a time to play with someone.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 11:13:24 PM »
What's your Wii U name? I'm Halbred. Or maybe Sillysaur, I'm not sure.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 01:22:10 AM »
My NNID is BlueBerryShadow.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
No voice chat? Boo-urns.

I was thinking about DLC. I'd probably buy DLC if Capcom offered new Raid Mode stages or added enemies from Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6. I'd love to kick that Karl Malone Majini (Big Man) in the face again.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »
I finally beat the campaign on Casual difficulty late last night/this morning. I'll probably attempt Hard difficulty some time in the future. I looked up the Achievements. I didn't even know it was possible to defeat Rachel before she gets to the Cafeteria.

I started Raid Mode. I forgot what it was like to have no things. This is going to take forever. I looked up how to unlock Pirate Jill. Boo-urns. I was trying to unlock Rachel, but that proved to be rather difficult with my rather meager weapon selection. It's weird that the game only gives you one opportunity to sell weapons and upgrades (upon completing or resigning from a stage). You would think you would be able to sell things in the store, but you can't as far as I know. Am I missing something?

EDIT: You can sell if you go into Weapons. Now, I know and knowing is half the battle.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:18:57 PM by Adrock »

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
My NNID is BlueBerryShadow.

Cool, I'll send you a request, looking forward to playing.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 10:08:07 AM »
I unlocked Rachael last night. Unlike the 3DS version, each character's costumes has a different set of abilities. All of Jill's variations are lame because each gets varying levels of handgun mastery. If you're unfamiliar with the game, handgun mastery is useless since no one uses handguns in Raid Mode except in the beginning as the default to earn better weapons.

Despite Rachael's questionable character design (her exposed chest is a bit excessive, but far worse is covering eyes with hair), she's the best character in Raid Mode so far. Playing as Rachael is like playing the game in Beast Mode. She has shotgun and magnum buffs and she regenerates health automatically). I played the 3DS version exclusively as Jill, but for the sake of kicking ass and taking names, I'm probably sticking with Rachael at least until I unlock HUNK. What kind of spec ops agent covers their eyes on missions? When you're this much of a badass, you don't need to see. Congratulations, Capcom. You managed to turn a joke of a character into pure, unbridled awesome.