Author Topic: Time Splitters 2  (Read 2736 times)

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Time Splitters 2
« on: May 24, 2003, 02:14:39 PM »
Went bargain hunting today, being that I have all the games I consider must haves already.  Anyway, came across Time Splitters 2 today at Best Buy.  I had thought about buying it when it came out, but held off.  I was lucky enough to come across it at a low price, $20.  So far, it really does feel similar to Goldeneye in many ways.  I have played very little so far, but am fairly impressed so far.  THe visuals are decent from first glance, but after noticeing the steady framerate and draw distance, I am impressed.  I also picked up Rocky for $20, being that the Rocky series is my favorite to date, I felt the need to pick this one up while I was at it.  Its pretty fun, it simple enough, yet deep enough that it makes for an enjoyable experience.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline greenwood

• View Profile
Time Splitters 2
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 08:20:12 PM »
Yeah, TS2 is a really good game. If you can get together some people for multiplayer then you're cooking. I liked the story mode as well.  

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
RE: Time Splitters 2
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 06:59:42 AM »
Besides the bevy of arcade games available, many of which are truly difficult, the multiplayer is great (especially with the mapmaker!) and the many, many characters, really makes multiplayer a blast.

It's also fun to just load up a dozen 5-star bots and blast them

The thing that impressed me most about the graphics was the particle effects.  Seeing all the bullets, lasers, missles, etc., flying around the screen at the same time in various directions always impresses me.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
Time Splitters 2
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 11:25:11 AM »
I havent really goten a chance to test out the multi-player, does the framerate take a dive?  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline bubba23

• View Profile
Time Splitters 2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 11:40:39 AM »
The multiplayer is overall quite smooth, with the occasional slowdown. It's really fun, and has a whole pile of options, including ones that need to be unlocked.  
Bubba 23

Atari 2600  - NES  - GB - Genesis - SNES - N64 - Dreamcast - PS2 - GBA SP - GC (with GBP)  - XBox - PC

Offline mariomeatball

• View Profile
Time Splitters 2
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 12:13:17 PM »
get some friends togeather, get good at multiplayer, turn on all the bots and make them as hard as possible, and have a team game, Humans vs. Bots MATRIX STYLE BABY!!! then you'll be cool d00ds...... yeah

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 06:44:46 PM »
I've only really noticed a little bit of slowdown with 4 players on the Siberia level, since the game actually renders all the particle effects and there's no draw distance, yet the entire level is open besides that small underground part.  Hence, the game can pretty much show everything happening at once (the developers were smart and made hills so the engine doesn't totally tank), so there can be some slowdown sometimes.  However, in every situation I've noticed, it last for a very short time (usually 1 second at most) and doesn't affect how the game plays at all.  If you blinked, you'd probably missed it, as it pretty much only happens due to particle effects, and bullets don't stay onscreen very often.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Time Splitters 2
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2003, 08:14:53 PM »
How do you unlock some of the Multiplayer levels? Like the streets, i want to get that level for multiplayer its awesome, but i have nfi how to unlock it? Ive done all the challenges in arcade leage i think. But yeah, great game, best FPS ever IMO. It just never gets old.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 05:57:35 AM »
I believe Streets and Site are unlocked during 1p story mode (normal and hard, respectively).  Others are unlocked when you complete all of the challenges w/ at least a silver, and I think some others are arcade awards (need golds, usually).

Check out the FAQs at gamefaqs.com, as they have plenty of listings there.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 07:13:52 AM »
Have any of you guys tried setting all weapons to mines on the snow level? Max out the bots under deathmatch or team, and prepare to be amused.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?