Author Topic: 3DSXL is the worst  (Read 7386 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: 3DSXL is the worst
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
If you buy a Mac the AppleCare plan is definitely worth it. Three years of phenomenal service. The corresponding iPhone/iPad plans aren't as good.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
It is really tempting to break that post into a new thread called "I'm SO MAD ABOUT BAD SERVICE I'VE NEVER TRIED''
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
Nintendo Hardware has been solid in general so I won't know what their repair service is like. I can say the same about the level of quality of the Apple stuff in general, but seriously **** iTunes. That thing breaks my computer for some reason. I can have the computer going for weeks on end, but start up iTunes a couple of time for podcasts? **** goes to hell in hours or days.

3DS has been a slight disappointment because of the grease lines. I mean seriously, didn't someone test this **** out?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
If you're talking about me I'm just basing my opinion on reports from customers at our shop. They will bring in, say, an iPad 2 with a cracked digitizer. Apple (as in the "genius bar") tells them that it is simply impossible to replace the glass, and the only option is to pay $350 for a replacement (and give theirs to Apple)...we tell them it's $120 to replace the glass. They'll crack the LCD on their MacBook, Apple tells them they have to pay $750 for a replacement...we tell them it's $150 to replace the LCD. If you're under warranty, they're great, but once it's over you're screwed. They also must not have great standards for employees since they hired the douche that ran his own shop into the ground and locked the doors to his shop with several customers' phones still waiting (for weeks) to get fixed.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that AppleCare is *worth* it, it's just that your **** out of luck if you don't get it and your **** breaks.

They still aren't as bad as SONY, who will straight up steal your PS3 from you if you don't pay the diagnostic fee on your console within their short timeframe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:49:59 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
Yeah, because Apple is the only employer to have workers that went postal. In fact, I'm pretty sure that term even originated in an Apple memo.

I sent an old MacBook of mine to get fixed after I'd dropped it more than a few times and water damaged it a bit. I brought it to an Apple store in New Orleans. They said it would be about $80 and I thought that was worth it, but I got a phone call saying it'd be 200 or so a day or two later. I decided it wasn't worth it since I was just gonna buy a new computer in a few months, and they sent it to DC for me. That's the worst I've ever gotten from Apple.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:11:58 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:04 AM »
I HAVE DERAILED THIS THREAD
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report