Author Topic: Poo: North American delays  (Read 2761 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Poo: North American delays
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
Hmm... Rayman Origins 3DS gets a lengthy delay despite being available now in other regions. Heroes of Ruin was pushed back as well.  Delays happen, but can anyone enlighten me as to why they are limited to North America?  Pretty disappointing on both counts - especially for Rayman though, although I guess just playing a console version is better anyway (if less convenient).
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Poo: North American delays
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
Delays happen, but can anyone enlighten me as to why they are limited to North America? 
Can't talk politics.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
Oh **** a delay in North America?!? Snap count! Defcon 1!

Fire Reggie, it's the only way to be sure. Install non-specific action figure as President.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »
Delays happen in other regions too, they are just more public when they happen in North America.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »
But delays in other regions occur for a reason. Smaller markets or Nintendo teams in place, additional translation and localization required, certification or distribution issues... yet with both of these games in particular, there is no apparent reason for a delay of months or weeks.  What bugs me more is that there really isn't any competing software on ANY Nintendo platform.

I understand a Wii software drought at this point, but not on 3DS when software is ready and just being withheld.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:57:56 AM »
Are the demos uploaded at the discretion of Nintendo or the publishers?

Also I don't know if you know but Square Enix is distributing Heroes of Ruin in the US only, NoE is the distributor for Europe and by extension all PAL regions. So this might be the reason for the delay and if so it's because of Square Enix, not Nintendo.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:00:35 AM by Tamazoid »
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
Still waiting for Profressor Layton and the Mask of Miracle for the 3DS.  Was an Japanese launch title for crying out loud.  1 1/2 years later--still waiting :(.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 02:38:51 AM »
Still waiting for Profressor Layton and the Mask of Miracle for the 3DS.  Was an Japanese launch title for crying out loud.  1 1/2 years later--still waiting :( .

The lack of this game at E3 was saddening.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 05:27:01 AM »
Layton games take a lot of work for localization. The first game took a year, last spectre took close to two. I can only imagine that with more puzzles, complexity and dialogue that it would take longer to bring over.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »
Layton games take a lot of work for localization. The first game took a year, last spectre took close to two. I can only imagine that with more puzzles, complexity and dialogue that it would take longer to bring over.

Yeah, I'd really like to know when Layton is coming but can understand that a good localization takes time with those games. I get more upset about games that are already localized and just not being released - despite there being huge gaps in the software release schedule where no competing games are coming out either.