Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 417628 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #925 on: July 12, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »
I just thought of a clever way for Nintendo to market the Wii U:

• Create a Nintendo Direct explaining what the Wii U is to the gaming industry.
  • Explain the DS and 3DS and then show that the Wii U brings dual screen gaming to the TV.
  • Announce a price cut to $299.99.
  • Show case whatever third party games are available for the Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #926 on: July 12, 2013, 11:13:08 PM »
Still living up to that title.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 13, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »
I just thought of a clever way for Nintendo to market the Wii U:

• Create a Nintendo Direct explaining what the Wii U is to the gaming industry.
  • Explain the DS and 3DS and then show that the Wii U brings dual screen gaming to the TV.
  • Announce a price cut to $299.99.
  • Show case whatever third party games are available for the Wii U.

1. What good will this do? Publishers will still ignore them.
2. Again, what will this do? The industry all know it already does this, so they will do it on other consoles.
3. Probably the only good thing on your list.
4. What third party games? It's a catch-22, they can't get third parties on board if they don't sell more consoles, but they won't sell more consoles unless they get third parties on board.

I fail to see how this is clever at all.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 13, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
Strider, developed by Double Helix for Capcom, is currently not coming to Wii U.

Ultra Street Fighter IV is currently not coming to Wii U (or PS4/One), but may come out for Vita and 3DS.

Soul Calibur II HD Online is currently not coming to Wii U. Obviously, no Link, but seems like Heihachi and Spawn are selectable in both versions.

Wii U fans are sad.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #930 on: July 20, 2013, 08:43:38 AM »
In the case of SCIIHD, the only exclusive character they'll confirm is Heiachi. They're using the PS2 version as the base for porting.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 20, 2013, 10:30:40 AM »
The site I read it on had Spawn confirmed, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. I guess that makes sense since Heihachi is a Namco character and they wouldn't need to re-license the Spawn if they needed to.

Maybe Nintendo can waive the fee just to get the game (which is probably what they did on GameCube). I'm sure it'd sell because ZOMG LINK.

Edit: fixed autocorrect. Yes, it bothered me enough to edit this hours later.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:17:58 PM by Adrock »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 20, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »
Strider, developed by Double Helix for Capcom, is currently not coming to Wii U.

Ultra Street Fighter IV is currently not coming to Wii U (or PS4/One), but may come out for Vita and 3DS.

Soul Calibur II HD Online is currently not coming to Wii U. Obviously, no Link, but seems like Heihachi and Spawn are selectable in both versions.

Wii U fans are sad.

Not having Strider on Wii U is kind of a let down.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 20, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »

Wii U fans are sad.

Soul Calibur 2 man... The game that changed my life! Man I hope Wii U sales really pick up.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 20, 2013, 10:07:55 PM »
I would buy a Wii U version of SC2 just because its online. For like $15 at most.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #935 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »
I think Nintendo should reach out here and get the game and put Link in it. Although, if THAT didn't sell, the Wii U would look even worse.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 21, 2013, 04:27:28 PM »
nintendo needs to make an extremely darastic measure imo

1. kill the basic model and repackage the deluxe model as the standard model

2. drop the now standard 32gb Wii U to about $269, thus completely undercutting the ps4 and building some comfortable distance,

3. FOR PETES SAKE FIGURE OUT YOUR MARKETING, that 2011 teaser thing was better then what you have now.

4. develop some sort of development conversion tool to make bringing games from x86 architectures to the wii u.

5. use games like Rayman Legends to show that games can be improved with the gamepad.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 21, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »

nintendo needs to make an extremely darastic measure imo

1. kill the basic model and repackage the deluxe model as the standard model

2. drop the now standard 32gb Wii U to about $269, thus completely undercutting the ps4 and building some comfortable distance,

3. FOR PETES SAKE FIGURE OUT YOUR MARKETING, that 2011 teaser thing was better then what you have now.

4. develop some sort of development conversion tool to make bringing games from x86 architectures to the wii u.

5. use games like Rayman Legends to show that games can be improved with the gamepad.

Well according to reports from June, Nintendo has been getting rid of Basic models from stores and looking like it'll be Deluxe only in the future.

The problem with marketing is they need actual games to market.  That's been the biggest problem with the Wii U, because it's hard to market the system when the only current game with any major appeal was hurt by the fact Nintendo released a similar game on the much cheaper 3DS only 3 months before its launch. 

This is why Nintendo really can't do anything with the Wii U until at least October when Wii Party, Wind Waker HD and Sonic Lost World are released.  If there is going to be a price cut and increased marketing, Nintendo is saving it for then because no matter how much they cut the price or improve any marketing now, without the games to back it up not much will change.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 21, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
the 3DS cut its price with nothing but star fox for the next 3 months.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 22, 2013, 06:18:43 AM »
Just read a rumor over at nintendolife that Nintendo might be planing to buy Atlus, i mean we all can hope.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 22, 2013, 06:33:38 AM »
THE actual source of this story (not an aggregator site who lives off clicks it gets from posting rumours and other random stuff on hourly basis), is some other site, which i will also won't name to not to give even more promotion.

One of biggest news this other site had was story about Barack Obama's "divorce".

Yeaah...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
What's Atlus known for? What could we expect from this potential buy out?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #942 on: July 22, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »

Niche games, mostly RPGs. Trauma Center, Etrian Odyssey, etc. Usually well received, but also usually small printing runs (which makes most of their games expensive to buy).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 22, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »
Niche games, mostly RPGs. Trauma Center, Etrian Odyssey, etc. Usually well received, but also usually small printing runs (which makes most of their games expensive to buy).
Which I think Nintendo would benefit from.  Atlus tends to have a good eye for games with a good idea what to realistically expect from them.

I think Nintendo would do well to let them keep doing that but with limiting the platforms to the Nintendo ecosystem for the most part.  Hopefully giving them so more breadth that they desperately need.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 22, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »
I like Atlus games better on Playstation systems, so I hope this isn't true.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 22, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »

Thats one way to look at it :cool;
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 22, 2013, 05:14:02 PM »

If Nintendo were to buy Atlus then the same games they release on the Playstation would be released on Nintendo systems.  Unless you're a Sony fanboy who refuses to buy Nintendo consoles, there isn't a single reason why Nintendo buying Atlus would be a bad thing because you'd get the same games, except now all on Nintendo systems.

Actually, most of Atlus series are already been exclusive to the DS and 3DS the last several years so being bought by Nintendo wouldn't be that big a change.  The only big Playstation exclusive is Persona which wouldn't be a problem fitting in considering the much darker Shin Megami Tensei series has existed just fine on Nintendo consoles in recent years and is even getting a crossover with Fire Emblem.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Bizzy_Fatso

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »
If Nintendo were to buy Atlus then the same games they release on the Playstation would be released on Nintendo systems.  Unless you're a Sony fanboy who refuses to buy Nintendo consoles, there isn't a single reason why Nintendo buying Atlus would be a bad thing because you'd get the same games, except now all on Nintendo systems.

There isn't a single reason?  What if you want sequels to Atlus' PS3 titles and you actually want them to be next-generation titles?  If you can't see any benefits of publishers putting out games on PS4/XBone instead of strictly on Nintendo's consoles, then YOU are the fanboy my friend.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »
Would NoA even localized Atlus games to the US?  Nintendo North American branch seem to only want to publish big 1million + hits and Atlus games are in general small cult following types.

Some of Atlus games have more "adult themes" which wouldn't have been greenlit though NoJ (AKA people shooting themselves in the head).

Sony would be a better fit overall out of the big 3 but I rather see Atlus stay with a smaller independent publisher.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #949 on: July 22, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »
Maybe Nintendo could use bits of Atlus to start localising Nintendo games quicker?
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!