Author Topic: So now are you getting GC (game boy player)  (Read 3559 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
So now are you getting GC (game boy player)
« on: May 17, 2003, 05:04:08 PM »
 Wow,I think this was a genius move by Nintendo. I've been telling everyone and now there all like "O I'm defenitly gettin GC Now!!!" Almost everyone has some kind of Game Boy and this opens up all new capabilities. If you have heisitated to buy one now is your chance. My only question is does it still come with a free game, cuz if it does than that's a steal!! So what do you say??? Are you gettin one?  
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline K_Icyfire

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 05:37:17 PM »
i wish nintendo released this bundle like 2 months earlier so i couldve gotten in on the deal too.  My favorite game boy advance game is golden sun and itd be sexy to see it on tv.  splinter cell for gba is also good and nice on tv along with the whole mario series.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 08:30:16 PM »
If you bought it at most three months ago, you have a warrenty that's still valid to take it back...you don't even need an excuse, but make up one anyways...then you can just switch for a gamecube with the deal and even the free game as well.

YOU SHOULD AT LEAST TRY?! I MEAN DAMN THAT"S AN AWESOME DEAL!
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 09:13:21 PM »
I agree that it is a huge deal.

I dread getting the GBP, being one of the old guys around here and not having time to play much.  The fact that 30 somethings don't look terribly professional at a restaurant playing GBA-SP is the only thing thats kept me from getting the pocket dynamo.  Giving me a way to play 3 Castlevanias, Metroid Fusion (and another on the way), and all the old Mario I can stand?  I have 15 GC titles laying about the gameroom that I don't have time to play and now THIS?  My goodness...  

Offline Husker02GT

• View Profile
RE: So now are you getting GC (game boy player)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 09:26:53 PM »
15?? thats nothing try 31
-=Husker02GT=-
31 cube games and counting
Currently Playing: Red Faction 2, Splinter Cell, Wind Waker, and Def Jam Vendetta

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 10:08:01 PM »
I plan on getting the Sucka, I have a GBA but at home I rather have a bigger screen and something that will allow me to see the game without the need for light. this way I think I can have muiltiplayer with the GBP to GBA correct?

I have Golden sun, Mario Advance, Zelda oracle of ages, BOF2, Zelda Link's awakening, Metroid Fuison. I would love to play all of those on the big screen. They would look wonderful, and give me a reason to buy more GBA games. As the reason is that it's hard to get enough light to see all the action, especially on a small screen. But my tv will make me happy with the GBP on my GC. heck it would be intresting to hook it up to surround sound system

I have nearly or more than a dozen games so far for my GC, that's more than any console I had before. Mostly due to me buying most of the games and the rest being gifts.

I hope the GBP will be reasonably priced, around $40 or less would be nice with something nice included

Also I have an urge to get Golden Sun 2:The Lost Age
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline ShutEye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 08:56:46 AM »
I plan on trading in my black GC for a platinum bundle if the bundle includes a platinum gbp.
Sounds silly but ever since my original SNES broke ddown I have this commitment to replace any initial system
purchase with a newer model. Protects my butt. Super Nintendos are hard to find.

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 09:08:28 AM »
so anyone know when this will be released in the states?

Is there now a firm date of release?

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 09:29:43 AM »
I'm getting the player. I may consider getting another system for LAN play. (To make it three consoles.) You know LAN play is a way to boost overall game sales over multiplayer games because you need more than one copy of the game to play it over the LAN. I bought two Gamecube and two SSB:M because I could have tournies. Now I will have to get more.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Epitaph

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 11:34:34 AM »
I will now be getting a gamecube when my brother moves out, any news on if this includes the free game also. If not whatever. I can wait to play rock n roll racing again once it comes out.

Offline Ace of Spades

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 02:48:18 PM »
Rock N' Roll Racing is awesome

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2003, 03:43:15 PM »
I dont think I'll be getting a GBP. I dont really have much of a desire to play gameboy games on my tv. It sounds cool and all but its not for me.  
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2003, 06:49:48 PM »
Rockin & Roll Racing was pretty sweet @$$ game, I believe the GBP comes out sometime on April 24 for 49.95 retail price, i have mine reserved at my job (Sam Goody's).  I also have Advanced Wars 2 reserved it comes out on the same day!  Man Nintendo is drainning my wallet bad!!!!!!!!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2003, 06:55:33 PM »
yay this will be my third gameboy advance ^_^ gotta love nintendo emptying my wallet also

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 08:40:31 PM »
It will be my family's thrid also.

And that is what Nintendo is good at giveing their fans stuff they want while getting what they want want.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.