Author Topic: Any Vita owners here?  (Read 44373 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Any Vita owners here?
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »
I've only played a little bit of Resistance, but I like it. I don't think I've started up Mutant Blobs Attack. I did play the Lumines demo, and it just wasn't my thing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2012, 06:01:18 AM »
I'm liking the rear touch pad on this thing. FIFA uses it for aiming shots, like the 3DS version does with the bottom screen, but unlike the 3DS I can keep my thumbs on the controls while I do it. My only complaint is it can be too easy to activate accidentally sometimes.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »
To anyone looking to buy a PlayStation Vita, Sony and Amazon are offering a deal where you can get a $50 Amazon gift card if you buy a PSV from them.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:13 PM »
Ooo, nice.

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 08:17:54 AM »
To anyone looking to buy a PlayStation Vita, Sony and Amazon are offering a deal where you can get a $50 Amazon gift card if you buy a PSV from them.

As long as its nothing as insulting as a price drop :)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »

As long as its nothing as insulting as a price drop :)

The fact they are doing this now could be a prelude to a price drop in the near future.
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Insulting? I want a price drop. Bundled with a memory card. And a free game. With a month's free of 3G. That's the only way I will ever buy one.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
Insulting? I want a price drop. Bundled with a memory card. And a free game. With a month's free of 3G. That's the only way I will ever buy one.

Why would you want the 3G? That has been the most worthless feature of the Vita right now since you can't play multiplayer games over it.  As for your bundle request, I could see that possibly happening with that announced Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation bundle they're doing this Fall.  I wouldn't expect a price drop announcement till at least Tokyo Game Show, and possibly not until next year.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
I don't have a smartphone so this would be useful as I could just go month to month using it when I wouldn't have access to the internet. I want to be able to do internet where ever I go.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »
I don't have a smartphone so this would be useful as I could just go month to month using it when I wouldn't have access to the internet. I want to be able to do internet where ever I go.

OK, yeah that makes sense.  I just got a smartphone a couple of months ago, and having the internet with me wherever I go has been downright addicting.  I could do without my phone's horrible auto-correct when I'm Tweeting, though.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
If I got a Vita my pockets would hate me. I would have a dumbphone for texting and calling, an iPod Touch for my multimedia and WiFI browsing, a 3DS for gaming, and a Vita for other gaming and 3G browsing. Jeez. Maybe I should just get an iPhone and cut down those devices down to around two. :P

Can't you disable autocorrect? I know you can on iOS, at least.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »

You probably can on my Android phone, but the problem is that I do need that auto-correct from time to time.  When it's actually correcting misspelled words, I don't have a problem with it.  Unfortunately, though, my phone auto-corrects contractions, and I do a lot of Tweeting where you need contractions to fit words into a limited character space.  So I'll go to type a common word like "can't", and my phone will force that word to become something like "cart" or "danny" (oddly).  It's annoying as hell.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
They were handing out codes for a free month of 3G in the Sony booth at E3. I have to wonder how many people who got them could actually use them.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
If I got a Vita my pockets would hate me. I would have a dumbphone for texting and calling, an iPod Touch for my multimedia and WiFI browsing, a 3DS for gaming, and a Vita for other gaming and 3G browsing. Jeez. Maybe I should just get an iPhone and cut down those devices down to around two. :P

Given the needs you outlined, That makes me rather curious why you don't opt for a smartphone? I suppose an iPhone makes the most sense given you are used to the iPod touch ux and you could probably get a 4S (w/ contract sigh) for the bundle you would spend on a vita.
Just imagine...you could start wearing other kinds of pants again, not just cargo :p

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 10:56:47 PM »
I'm 17, without a steady job to pay for it. My family is too poor for one otherwise.

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2012, 10:55:38 AM »
If I got a Vita my pockets would hate me. I would have a dumbphone for texting and calling, an iPod Touch for my multimedia and WiFI browsing, a 3DS for gaming, and a Vita for other gaming and 3G browsing.

:Q  that is exactly what I have in my bag right now. Apart from the 3G bit. Oh and mine's a Black Berry, a neither world betwixt the dumb and the smart. Mind you, I did have an Android and still carried a DS & PSP around with me.

My advice to you: you don't need an iphone. You need a bag.

On a serious note, every seasoned traveler knows that having one device that does everything is just not reality right now. I justify each of my 4 hand helds for different purposes. There is a lot of cross over in what they can do (like wi fi browsing, multi media, cameras & gaming) but they all excel for some uses and are complete rubbish for others. And I still take a book whenever I go abroad because they don't use batteries and flight staff aren't afraid of them.

In my defense - I only carry the Vita when I'm hooked on a game. But the 3DS comes everywhere for Street Pass and Coins of course.

Get a bag.

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
I'm 17, without a steady job to pay for it. My family is too poor for one otherwise.

Gotcha. Rolling with the cheapest android available and it is sorta terrible (a Huawei dealio with 3-inch screen...$100 unlocked). Dream object now currently a new macbook (THAT one might be TOO dreamy and expensive tho).
Ah, sweet motivation.

@Einstein: I applaud your steadfastness in the face of all this "convergence" tomfoolery :p

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2012, 12:34:41 PM »
If I got a Vita my pockets would hate me. I would have a dumbphone for texting and calling, an iPod Touch for my multimedia and WiFI browsing, a 3DS for gaming, and a Vita for other gaming and 3G browsing.

:Q  that is exactly what I have in my bag right now. Apart from the 3G bit. Oh and mine's a Black Berry, a neither world betwixt the dumb and the smart. Mind you, I did have an Android and still carried a DS & PSP around with me.

My advice to you: you don't need an iphone. You need a bag.

On a serious note, every seasoned traveler knows that having one device that does everything is just not reality right now. I justify each of my 4 hand helds for different purposes. There is a lot of cross over in what they can do (like wi fi browsing, multi media, cameras & gaming) but they all excel for some uses and are complete rubbish for others. And I still take a book whenever I go abroad because they don't use batteries and flight staff aren't afraid of them.

In my defense - I only carry the Vita when I'm hooked on a game. But the 3DS comes everywhere for Street Pass and Coins of course.

Get a bag.

But...but...bags are girly! :(

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
Is there someone here with a Vita who plays MotorStorm RC and Super Stardust Delta who I can add as a friend and compete for scores with?

J.P. Corbran

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »
Is there someone here with a Vita who plays MotorStorm RC and Super Stardust Delta who I can add as a friend and compete for scores with?

I have MotorStorm RC (the version that Scion subsidized, anyway) on Vita.  I don't have Super Stardust Delta, though.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »
But you only played one race of it, according to what I'm seeing in the game. This is where the low hardware sales come into play, as there just aren't that many people with the system, bringing down the possible competition.

J.P. Corbran

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
But you only played one race of it, according to what I'm seeing in the game. This is where the low hardware sales come into play, as there just aren't that many people with the system, bringing down the possible competition.

Yeah, well it's kind of a frustrating game to play.  Plus, there's so much better stuff on Vita to play.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2012, 10:50:08 AM »
Which control scheme were you using? I quickly moved to the "go in the direction you point" scheme instead of the traditional RC controls and haven't really had an issue with it. You're right that there are better games on the system, and I own several of them, but I'm kind of addicted to it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Which control scheme were you using? I quickly moved to the "go in the direction you point" scheme instead of the traditional RC controls and haven't really had an issue with it. You're right that there are better games on the system, and I own several of them, but I'm kind of addicted to it.

I think I used the same control scheme for the same reason, and even then I couldn't quite get my car to go where I wanted it to go.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
I have Motorstorm RC.   Don't have delta though.  I haven't played it in a while but if anyone wants to add me as a friend would be fun to try to compete against some times.   ID is Kwolf84 .

Will just let everyone know my times probably suck really bad though. :)  Not very good at the game, need to go back and play some more of it too.  As I never finished all the courses.. I got sucked into Rayman on the vita.