Author Topic: Nintendo Downloads - December 8, 2011  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nintendo Downloads - December 8, 2011
« on: December 08, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »

A system update and a decent amount of downloads, what more could we ask for this week?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28641

Following what seemed to be a massive system update for the 3DS, Nintendo decided to release four titles across their downloadable services; unfortunately the Wii Virtual Console was once again neglected.

This week the eShop received the 3D puzzle game Pushmo. The game arrived in Japan last month with much praise and has now finally landed in the states. Push, pull, and climb your way to the goal in more that 250 puzzling stages. Pushmo is available now for $6.99.

The DSiWare/eShop acquired two new titles this week. Castle Conqueror - Agaisnt places players in control of a warrior from an ancient tribe who is out to punish the invading empire. The game can be downloaded for $1.99. The other title available on the DSiWare or eShop services is Word Searcher 4. Search for words among letters in the 100 differently themed puzzles. Players can begin searching now for $4.99.

The WiiWare service received one title this week, as well as a demo of a game. Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder is tower defense game that supports up to four player in co-op mode. It is available for 500 Wii Points. A downloadable demo of the September released MotoHeroz was also made available.

Nintendo Video was updated with a new music video by Foster the People. You can watch Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) now on your Nintendo 3DS.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Nintendo Downloads - December 8, 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:56:53 PM »
Answer to rhetorical question: A Wii Virtual Console release.

/105 days
//And counting
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline JRokujuushi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
Just going off the demo videos, it looks like they switched the prices for Castle Conqueror and Word Searcher...

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:27 AM »
By the way, Pushmo is amazing.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Thaneros

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »
Also Netflix app got an update.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »

Any comment on what changed? Updates to the Wii version of Netflix have made it considerably slower and less attractive (although the search feature is faster than it used to be). I'm not sure that I want to upgrade my 3DS Netflix based on that experience...
NNID: ejamer

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 07:48:44 AM »

Any comment on what changed? Updates to the Wii version of Netflix have made it considerably slower and less attractive (although the search feature is faster than it used to be). I'm not sure that I want to upgrade my 3DS Netflix based on that experience...

Netflix for 3DS always sucked for me. It was slow and it froze my system up. After reading the comments I went to the eShop to see about an update, but that wasn't an option for me so I just fired it up to see what's what.
The menu loaded faster for me and I was able to pick something to watch faster, but that's all I noticed upfront.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics