Author Topic: 3DS for Education Purposes  (Read 1292 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
3DS for Education Purposes
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »
They've done some experiments in Japan with DS for years.
I was wondering is there any sort of educational killer app for 3ds.

Imagine this. Software that contains: Several books of reading material. A math teaching program. History books.
Spelling help. Each designed to focus on a certain grade level. It doesn't sound like too much fun, but it would be a pretty useful tool.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS for Education Purposes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:53:06 PM »
Actually they released quite a bit stateside as well, I'm kinda of fan of the  Personal Trainer edu games and I'm sure they'll continue on the 3DS as well.

You also have that Brain Age series, Professional Cooking stuff, but if you're looking for games for kids then you might want to try the Professor Layton series and Scribblenauts.  Nothing beats tricking kids into learning ;0.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 11:54:44 PM »
Japan also has dozens of educational apps on the DSiWare Shop, ranging from math to spelling to geography and more.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
Honestly, I think the interface is too small and nearly anything you'd want to do could be better done on tablets. The only real advantages are cost (which would quickly be offset by software cost) and the 3D effect.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report