Author Topic: Airport X-Rays & Carry Case  (Read 1915 times)

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Airport X-Rays & Carry Case
« on: May 12, 2003, 05:36:02 PM »
I am going on a plane trip in a couple of weeks.  I was wondering just what are the odds (I know, I've read the signs saying nothing will happen) that something bad will happen to my Cube?  I just need some re-assurance.  Oh, and while I'm thinking about is there a case for my GCN, two controllers, memory card, and like 10 games?
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Airport X-Rays & Carry Case
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 06:52:26 PM »
dont' know about a good case.  nothing will happen to the cube!  i'd watch the memory cards though...  x-rays might fudge em up, but i kinda doubt it.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 10:23:37 PM »
hrmmm ask the airport guys what people do with laptops, and then do something similar, even if you have to take it on the plane as hand luggage, all that stuff wouldn't be huge, that and you get to keep your eyes on it all the time to make sure 1) the luggage monkeys arn't playing your gamecube or 2) no-one drops it :\ which would be much worse

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Airport X-Rays & Carry Case
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 10:26:41 PM »
I rencently went on a plane trip way back in January. As far as laptops are concerned, they just have to be out of their carrying case. Since the Cube doesn't have the same electronically sensitive parts it should be ok. The memory cards should be ok also since it is the same as putting a digital camera card through the x-ray machine which I did and my card worked perfectly afterwards.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 01:35:58 AM »
Not problems. I had the whole lot put through and x-ray machine a couple of times(A couple months after 911). the machine was probaly cleanest then.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?