Author Topic: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Game Over.  (Read 11603 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Game Over.
« on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »
And that's a wrap. This game is over. Final results:

Sixth Angel - Townie/Ice Ability (killed by vote)
Sundoulos - Townie/Magic Ability (killed by Dark Matter)

Final Players:

MaryJane - DarkMatter
Halbred - Townie/Stone Ability

The mafia achieves a tie and this game is over.

Final Victors:

MaryJane - Dark Matter
Jrlibrarian - King Dedede
DrewMG - Meta Knight
Unclebob - Waddle Doo.

It's a Mafia Victory!

Quick thoughts.

MaryJane had full health the whole game. Never attacked once.

Looks like it was a triumphant return for DrewMG after all.

Should we do more about inactive players?

Feel free to comment on the game.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Game Over.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 01:14:27 AM »
well dang, smooth moove voting out mafia, i should have check it out to see if it was a late vote though, i suspected you becuase you were so active at the end, but i thought you could just be a misguided townie. Should have gone with my gut rather than the voting record.

Definitely was annoyed everyone would just vote anyone out because they would get an extra ability, which will do you no good dead the next day. Should have kept my mary jane vote 2 days ago, because that would have been a pimp ass win.

I was also very pissed at the no participation, i can see the first 2 days of not participating because nothing is learned, but after that it really sucks. Theres a point where laying low just makes you suspicious. That was my tactic with punchout mafia, which i won, but yeah i was suspected. "Out of sight out of mind" was my philosophy on that one, and if i remember correctly i voted out onbe of my mafia on purpose too.

Congratulations MaryJane! Indecision for the lose.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 01:29:22 AM »
Site is really slow right now for me so we will see if this gets posted.

First of all I want to thank Khushrenada for sending the message to me to co-host with him. It was very fun and I didn't really have to worry about that much.

Few things I want to point out that I think caused the townies to loose. First of all there was to much crossfire between townies with abilities. The only good day the townies really had was the first day when firing at Unclebob. Insanolord was pretty key early on with his searches. stevey I believe only used his ability once and I think that was actually helpful in keeping Bustin98 from attacking a townie. Dasmos was doing his own thing and it actually payed off fairly well since he could in essence get rid of DarkMatter if he was accurate. After that things kinda fell apart for the townies.

I think the key misstep for the townies was when ThePerm decided to not vote out MaryJane. See as now we all know MaryJane didn't lose any HP this game. Perm voting for MaryJane that day would cost MaryJane 11 points. 10 from the vote out and 1 from Perms vote. Now only normal townies could have 10 HP so since MaryJane would still be alive that would be obvious that Mary Jane was Dark Matter.  Sometimes you have to risk it.

As for Sixth Angel well when the game started he was on vacation. He was on earlier in the day that Khushrenada said that the game would start that night but Sixth Angel wasn't around when Khushrenada actually said that. Next when it was the start of the weekend was when he PMed me and explained the above to me. The next two days when the game started up again well nothing was going on. He was also afraid of what to do since he didn't want the Mafia going after him. So in essence the non activity of the rest of the players and his timidness cost him his life this game. Plus I think he was only on like 2 times a day. Early in the morning and late after the vote.

Thirdly I do think that Perm had a good idea but it did have to have everyone participating in it. I'm not sure if that was the best way to do it though since The Mafia could just pick and choose which he wanted to kill.

Few other things about Mary Jane this game. His comments and votes were pretty similar to his Mafia friends. The first day all the Mafia voted for thatguy. Then there was that day where MaryJane and jrlibraian said that they both needed items which was a lie. Well jr did need some at the time. Why didn't anybody call him out on that? I mean since he did say he needed items and someone called him out on it and nobody actually fired anything at him then well right there is a contradiction. MaryJane made lots of mistakes this game. The double votes and not unbolding votes. If he actually was a townie and he was pretty involved then well most players would think that he should be paying more attention.

I will say this for the townies. Bustin 98 was probably the best player for them. He actually named 3 of the Mafia members once Unclebob was out of the game in a list of 6. 

As for the rest of the game I am not even sure if there was actual tallying of who the alive players voted with as far as the dead Mafia players it was kinda just reactionary based on the last day of play and not the whole game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 02:11:12 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 01:30:50 AM »
When someone's inactive during times there's an action made, typically, it can't have been that person. Yes, Khushrenada defied that one time, sending in hits well ahead of time, but generally, it looks like a terrible witch hunt to have voters go after inactive players if the mafia has shown itself to be active.

I think the townies got a lot of this game wrong, starting with voting out me, obviously. But really, the only chance townies have to kill the mafia is through votes. To coward out and decide you don't want the blame to be placed on you when you're the only one voting is a terrible decision. That's the only time you can ever be sure a mafia member isn't influencing the vote.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 01:47:27 AM »
To add onto what thatguy said about the actions. If Sixth Angel was Dark Matter then we would have likely would have been avalable sometime before the day was locked to see who he wanted to hit. However he wasn't around most of the game. It was more likely since he was only really around in the morning that there would be hits that were either for the people being voted out or possible players that were killed by abilities thus it would look like there was no hit. Speaking of that the First night the Mafia decided to investigate Ceric. While Mop it ups reasoning was true that someone could have survived there were other options which were viable too. I personally think Mop it up said that so she could kinda be scott free on some hits she was doing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »
Honestly, I don't know what to think about this game. There was so much crazy stuff happening. I may have let the extra perpheral strategy stuff get away on me by doing so much. But its Kirby. I like Kirby. So I wanted this game to be special. That said, I think this game may have changed mafia priniciples more than I thought from any other previous game we've had. There were many elements that on their own might not have changed gameplay strategy but put together all at once may have been hard for people to adapt to.

I'm not sure. That's one theory I see for the massive amount of misses and gaffs that seemed to pile up as the game went on. It was a crazy spectacle to be sure. It seemed that for every correct move, there was a wrong move made in return. Just odd.

Here's a message to any future short notice hosts. If you decide to step in and do a game short notice, don't make it a massive game. Feel free to keep it simple. That is one thing I regreted as soon as this game began because of the massive amount of info I suddenly had to keep track of. Honestly, if it wasn't for Maxi, I'd have probably bungled up a lot of things as well. So, a big thank you definitely goes out to him for this game running as smooth as it did.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 03:36:38 AM »
some of the dumbest lines spoken in  this mafia game

"idk, its hard to say what maryjanes intentions are, he could just be a confused townie, or he could be dark matter at its worst trying to stay in the game. At which case i'd rather not risk losing a townie then trying to win the game with one vote. its a really tough call. I think ill stick to the no-vote strategy though.
so un-vote mary jane"

should have made Khush and Maxi laugh their asses off.

I wish the townies had came along with my plan though, It would have been a lot better then all the stabs in the dark people were taking. It had a 4 tier level bullshit detect. Tier 1, Duplicate power detection Tier 2 Unlikely power detection Tier 3 Vote record, Tier 4 obstinate detection, if somebody didnt want to tell their powers and everyone else did then you would know they were dumb or mafia and could vote them out. it was 5 to 1 when i unleashed that plan, and it was the only time the odds were that high the whole game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:44:08 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 03:38:19 AM »
VOTE THATKHUSH.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 09:27:49 AM »
The only good day the townies really had was the first day when firing at Unclebob.

It wasn't the townies that hit me - it was that nasty Marx.  And I'm sad - I had a great plan at narrowing down who was Marx and Kirby - and even requested to use it on Mop it Up that very night.

Oops accidently edited this quote instead of quoting it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:26:43 PM by Maxi »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
I had a lot of fun playing this game. I did make a lot of mistakes but they actually worked out in my favor, so screw it. Great game Khush and Maxi!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:28:41 PM »
The only good day the townies really had was the first day when firing at Unclebob.

It wasn't the townies that hit me - it was that nasty Marx.  And I'm sad - I had a great plan at narrowing down who was Marx and Kirby - and even requested to use it on Mop it Up that very night.

Actually the townies did use their abilities on you it is just Mop it up hit you too. So the townies abilites kinda didn't matter. Remember I was handling the actions for the most part so I would know better then you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
Yet another short game for me. At least my death resulted in Marx's demise. I did, in fact, take you down with me. Never silence Silenced!

Also, this was my fifth game I've been in... AND THE FIFTH TIME I'VE BEEN A TOWNIE. It gets annoying playing as a townie every stinking game, but sometimes life throws a wall at you and your forget to jump. Augh.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »

Actually the townies did use their abilities on you it is just Mop it up hit you too. So the townies abilites kinda didn't matter. Remember I was handling the actions for the most part so I would know better then you.

Seriously?  Damn.  I guess I just pissed everyone off when I was the Joker...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 06:24:04 PM »
I didn't attack you.  Although I did begin to suspect Mary Jane (so defensive when I called him out on the thatguy vote) so I attacked Nickmitch to try to frame Mary Jane when he voted for him.  I thought I might be able to start a bandwagon later on if Nickmitch thought it was Mary Jane who attacked him.  That was probably a little too convoluted a plan anyway so sorry Nickmitch I cost you 3hp.

I also liked thatguy's "strategy".  It certainly lured in the true mafia votes.  Too bad we couldn't/didn't use that info.  Although I used it to try to form an alliance (although short lived) with Bustin, Ceric, and Mop It Up based on the fact they didn't vote thatguy on the first day but did post.  I guess I was a little bit wrong about Mop It Up, but I did start to suspect her just prior to my death because she was digging pretty hard to find out who Bustin's source of info was.

All in all a pretty fun game.  Plus it's nice to be a townie for once, but it seemed like no one really believed me since I was being attacked from both sides.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
What was your plan?

I guess I was a little bit wrong about Mop It Up, but I did start to suspect her just prior to my death because she was digging pretty hard to find out who Bustin's source of info was.
I was? I never even asked about his source, so what makes you think that?

At least my death resulted in Marx's demise. I did, in fact, take you down with me.
Not really, because I was investigated. However, I did underestimate the number of people who would care about you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »
What was your plan?

I had two powers.  The first was a very weak, almost useless attack.  The second was that I could see what someone's HP was.  Since you and Kirby were the two real threats and both had more than the standard 10 HP, it would have been pretty easy to figure out who you were if I investigated your HP.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »
Yeah, that was a good idea. I actually used your power for that very purpose, it's how I knew Apdude and Sundoulos were townies.

Speaking of HP totals, was I correct that the Mafia hit Ceric on Day 1, and did not miss the hit like others assumed?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
I started to wonder when you sent this...

"Is Insanolord the person with X-ray, or did one of you contact him? He said he had it on good authority that he should vote for Drew_MG, so I'm wondering if he just said that because of all the other votes, or if it is because someone contacted him with convincing info."

I still trusted you enough to not switch from my silenced vote but it gave me pause as to what I was PMing to the group.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 07:10:06 PM »
I don't see what's incriminating about that, any townie should have asked that. If I were right about Insanolord (and I was), it would have been smart to get him into the townie alliance. Figuring out if he were actually in communication with anyone instead of just acting on his own accord would also help determine if he were Mafia or not.

Looking back on it now, I probably should have just chosen to kill him instead of asking about him. But it's pretty easy to figure out a good course of action after a game ends. Though I'd rather try and work with most people rather than kill them, so I wasn't really cut out for the role.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 07:17:07 PM »
Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I basically asked him his source earlier and he didn't seem willing to give it so I was content to let him be the middle man until he or xray person came forward on their own.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »
Speaking of HP totals, was I correct that the Mafia hit Ceric on Day 1, and did not miss the hit like others assumed?

Nope. MaryJane completely forgot to send in a hit.

By the way, just wanted to send out a message to the new players who joined us this game. Thanks for giving the game a shot. I realize I may have made it a bit complicated for first time players. Most games are much simpler and easier to follow along. Hope you enjoyed and are interested in trying it again in the future.
Let us know your thoughts on the game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:26:22 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »
Well, I had fun despite not knowing what the eff was going on. BIG thanks to Khushrenada and Maxi for helping me along and telling me when to do **** (and what to do). I'd definately be up for this again in the future.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 08:49:59 PM »
dang i should have read the rules harder, i didnt know the vote cast damage rather than just eliminated somebody, thats interesting. I was just playing by regular rules, its too bad about Ceric getting double teamed by the mafia and marx, thats just the worst luck.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
dang i should have read the rules harder, i didnt know the vote cast damage rather than just eliminated somebody, thats interesting. I was just playing by regular rules, its too bad about Ceric getting double teamed by the mafia and marx, thats just the worst luck.

I investigated Ceric on the first day, so not only was he killed by the hit, and marx, he was also hit by the mafia's abilities; he was dead regardless.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »
I'm surprised I didn't receive a PM from jrlibrarian to remove anybodies ability for the rest of the game. I take it the reasoning behind that was you guys figured that the townies would hurt themselves and taking away abilities would actually help out them instead of hurting them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss