Author Topic: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 7. Fountain of Dreams.  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 7. Fountain of Dreams.
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:24:57 AM »
With the citizens of Dreamland learning that King Dedede had also been taken over by Dark Matter, they rushed off to Dedede's castle atop Mt. Dedede.

"I'm sure Dark Matter must be hiding there," declared Rick.

The townies busted down the door and stormed the castle. They raced through every room, chamber and hallway. After pillaging the entire castle, the townies decided to act by........ doing nothing.

"I guess he isn't here after all," Rick mused.

"What should we do now?" wondered Nago.

"I don't know. Let's ask Coo," suggested Rick.

"Where is Coo?" asked Pitch.

No one was sure. So they looked through the castle again until the found him dead on the wrestling stage in King Dedede's boxing room. Coo aka Insanolord was an innocent townie with an X-Ray ability.

"Hmmmmm. I'm starting to think Dark Matter may have been here after all," Rick said.

"What should we do now?" asked Nagu.

"I don't know. Come up with your own ideas maybe? Sheesh. I'm sick of the indecisiveness and everyone always asking me what to do. Why don't you do something for a change? You lazy loafers!" Rick exploded with rage.

Feeling hurt by experiencing one of the rare outbursts of anger ever witnessed on PopStar, Nagu turned to Coo.

"What should we do now?" asked Nagu.

"What are you asking him for?! HE'S DEAD!" yelled Rick.

Nagu put his head in his paws and began to cry. "What should we do now?" he whimpered.

"Great! Just great. I'm sorry for yelling at you Nagu. I was just feeling the pressure of having to do lead everyone now that Kirby's gone," Rick apologized.

"It's ok Rick. We understand," Chuchu replied.

"Let's get NOVA!" Gooey suddenly blurted out. Then he buried his face back into the strawberry shortcake he was eating.

"NOVA?!" wondered Rick.

"Yeah. NOVA is supposed to be able to grant the wish of whoever summons him. If we go to the Fountain of Dreams, we can summon NOVA and wish for Dark Matter to be destroyed," explained Chuchu.

"That... might work. Alright gang. Let's do it! For Dreamland and all of Popstar!" declared Rick.

And with that, the townies rushed off from Mt. Dedede and headed to the Fountain of Dreams.

Fooled you all. You didn't expect there to be a story post. Sometimes, I'm cool like that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 7. Fountain of Dreams.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »
Announcement Post:

So, the only one dead as you may have guessed is:

Insanolord - Townie/X-Ray (killed by Dark Matter)

With no vote, there will be no item selection today. Huzzah!

Voting ends as usual at Midnight EST, although with the way things are going, no one may even care to vote anyways. I kid. Or do I?

Anyways, have at it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:27:29 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:28:41 AM »
I will get to sending out HP totals in a little bit.
There I finished the totals.

Oh everyone still alive I think it would get things going a bit earlier then what has been happening for the last 2 days. This will give everyone a chance to see what is going on and decide what they want to do.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:49:15 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:01:58 AM »
well thank goodness i'm still alive. alright same strategy

The only powers left are Beam, Hammer, Laser, Magic, Fire, Mike, Crash, Sleep, Ice, and Stone. Theres now 5 people, 1 killer. Our chances went down though. Now we have a 4/9(44%)chance to see if somebody is lying. However, there are still 3 less likely powers for the killer to pick from. Not to mention we can correlate with the vote record. SixthAngel still hasn't posted, and he could just be laying low. Maryjane led the vote against Insanolord and myself, which is suspicious, but not neccesarrily indicative of being the killer, townies make costly mistakes, i did 2 days ago on Dasmos.

I know my Powers, sundoulos can vouch he was attacked when i said I was going to attack him.

Sundoulos has told me his Powers, he also attacked me so i can vouch he attacked me when he said he would

Insanolord was knocked out yesterday, but he told me his power privately after I said everyone should reveal their power. I had a 50/50 chance to believe him, and I decided to take a risk in believing him. I asked him to come out and lie and say he had my powers. It was something that could screw me up, or raise our chances from 5/9 to 6/9(66%). If Insanolord said his ability was mine that crosses any duplicate off the list from using mine, That leaves him even closer to picking Insanolords xray, or sundoulos's claimed power. Not to mention the killer could also stumble into the other 2 unreveiled townies ability. The chance would still be 2-3/9 that he would just select an unlikely ability, but we could still root him out just by gameplay logic. Unfortunately, nobody came forward. This plan only works if everyone is out in the open. Either a duplicate ability will put people under suspicion(not just from me), or a suspicious unlikely ability will put someone under suspicion. People under suspicion's votes can then be put under question.

voting record

voting records on those still alive

Halbred, voted silenced who was a townie,

MaryJane, thatguy townie, drewmg(metaknight), voted me and insanolord but the vote was nullified by
doublevote

Sixth Angel, no votes

Sundoulos, thatguy(townie), bustin98(townie), silenced(townie),

ThePerm,  DrewMG(metaknight), silenced(townie), nickmitch(because nickmitch threw him under the bus)

1. so as it stands now I think maryjane is less suspicious because he voted out a mafia on day 2, unless thats some genius plan

2. Sundoulous voted out all townies, but he has a record of attacking me when i tell him(UNLESS SOMEONE DOESN"T COME FORWARD)

3. Halbred is hard to read, but was kinda obstinate about coming clean, something important to the witch hunt

4. I have a spotty record, but i admit it. I've been public though and have put the target on myself, and if I was the killer I would have taken out mary jane yesterday instead of sparing him. 2 people would be gone yesterday not one.

5. and SixthAngel needs to post in the boards, this super silence is ridiculous. I think Id vote him out just for that, he certainly isn't helping the process.

Thatguy - Townie(Mirror) - Killed by vote
Ceric- Townie- (Kirby)-Killed by Dark Matter and Marx.
Silenced-Townie(Needle) killed by vote
apdude-townie(yo-yo) Killed by abilites from both sides.
Bustin98- townie(Tornado) killed by Dark Matter
Stogi-Townie(Cutter) Killed by Marx
stevey-townie (fighter) Killed by Dark Matter.
Dasmos- townie (plasma) killed by vote.
Shaymin- Townie (ninja) killed by Dark matter
Nickmitch-townie (bomb) killed by abilities
jrlibrarian- Mafia (King Dedede) killed by an ability
Insanolord- townie ( X-Ray) killed by Dark Matter

edit: im stupid I left off Ice, so our odds are lower, still the killer could pick a duplicate power from the list and then we could pick him out. Also, im not sure how gooey works, does that just mean someone knows kirby, or on top of their power they know kirby?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:27:17 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 07:32:37 AM »
Didn't vote, but I managed to be incorrect again (regarding my opinion of insanolord's guilt).  Nearly a perfect record! 

Don't forget that the killer (Mop it up) has already been voted out.

Here's how the record from the player thread currently stands:

Thatguy - Townie(Mirror) - Killed by vote
UncleBob - Mafia(Waddle Doo) - Killed by Marx
DrewMG-Mafia(Meta Knight)- Killed by vote
Ceric- Townie- (Kirby)-Killed by Dark Matter and Marx.
Silenced-Townie(Needle) killed by vote
apdude-townie(yo-yo) Killed by abilites from both sides.
Bustin98- townie(Tornado) killed by Dark Matter
Stogi-Townie(Cutter) Killed by Marx
Mop it up-Killer(Marx) Killed by vote.
stevey-townie (fighter) Killed by Dark Matter.
Dasmos- townie (plasma) killed by vote.
Shaymin- Townie (ninja) killed by Dark matter
Nickmitch-townie (bomb) killed by abilities
jrlibrarian- Mafia (King Dedede) killed by an ability
Insanolord- townie ( X-Ray) killed by Dark Matter
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 07:48:26 AM »
Yeah sorry, went out drinking last night then fell asleep with my phone in my hand, trying to unbold my vote for theperm.

vote halbred because at this point, I don't know what to do anymore.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:50:40 AM »
For now, I agree: vote Halbred
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:49:15 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
I think I'll vote Halbred too.

Sundoulus has a strong townie voting record, but Perm is backing him.  Perm himself could be running an elaborate game though.  He gives reasons for his votes to get rid of suspicion while just listing everyone else's.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
Wow already 3 votes today for Halbred. I do want to to point out something. If you guys are just voting in a bandwagon to get items I do think that is not wise since the game could be over in a few days so the items very well may not matter.You want to actually be going after Dark Matter with the vote. Dark Matter could kill anyone of you tonight with the hit thus the items would be pretty much useless.

The game could be over after Day 8 is done if the townies don't get things right.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:32:19 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 12:49:37 PM »
Gooey was an ability that only Kirby could access. With Kirby dead, Gooey will not come into play. Fugedaboutit.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »
oh finally sixth angel comes out of the wood works

I'm going to vote sixthangel for throwing me under the bus

but people please list your abilities, at this point we can only check against other people. Since none of you have budged, maybe because i didnt start that bandwagon. 

I'm Fire

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:36:27 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »
Vote Tally
Halbred-2 By MaryJane and Sixth Angel
SixthAngel-2 By The Perm, Sundoulos and Halbred
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:11:55 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 08:02:42 PM »
Changing my vote for now:  vote Sixth Angel

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »
Can I get a reason to join you guys besides theperm's personal vendetta? We're losing townie too fast to be voting haphazardly.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
What the hell, guys? I've voting for SixthAngel for throwing my buddy, ThePerm, under a bus.

MAH ABILITAH IS STONAH

Big rocks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:39:03 PM by Halbred »
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »
What the hell, guys? I've voting for SixthAngel for throwing my buddy, ThePerm, under a bus.

MAH ABILITAH IS STONAH

Big rocks.

Just fyi, that's not a valid vote, you have  to bold it. And I'm willing to unvote you, but you and sixthangel are equally suspicious in my mind, with you being the front runner, so I would need a reason

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 09:39:40 PM »
...Because I'm awesome? LOL
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 09:51:40 PM »
well, as far as vendetta goes, i could vote out Halbred, or i could vote out SixthAngel, the thing is they have essentially the same voting record. SixthAngel is givin me **** though. Also, Halbred's dinosaur knowlege is hypnotic. Its a kryptonite for me.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »
Can I get a reason to join you guys besides theperm's personal vendetta? We're losing townie too fast to be voting haphazardly.
Honestly?  At the time, I was just temporarily tying it up.  I wanted to see when/if Halbred would vote.  It's still kind of a toss-up between Sixth Angel and Halbred at the moment. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »
There is about a hour and 15 mins left in the day so if you want to send in an action to me and Khushrenada let us know. You can change you who you want to use your ability on as well if you have already sent in an action.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 12:00:25 AM »
Deadline check. And we're done.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »
Tallying votes.

Sixth Angel-2
Halbred-2
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:12:19 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 12:03:52 AM »
Blub blub blub. It appears we have a tie vote. Yes, I know it looks like a majority but in this game, things can be deceiving. Therefore, this thread will stay open for 30 more minutes and we'll see if anything changes.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:11:00 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
I believe that is time Khushrenada.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 12:46:14 AM »
Yep. Now the night actions are due in 30 minutes.