Author Topic: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 6. Mt. Dedede.  (Read 10258 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 6. Mt. Dedede.
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:16:27 AM »
Another day, another lack of story post.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LIV: Kirby's Mafia Adventure. Day 6. Mt. Dedede.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:16:41 AM »
Announcement Post:

Dead:

Dasmos - Townie/Plasma (killed by vote)
Shaymin - Townie/Ninja (killed by Dark Matter)
Nickmitch - Townie/Bomb (killed by abilities)
Jrlibrarian - King Dedede (killed by abilities)

Alright, another day of mass player loss. One thing to note since I'm sure Dasmos will want to flex his game prowess on this and so I might as well just help confirm it. Although it says that King Dedede was killed by abilities, it was really one that did it. Dasmos had powered up his plasma ability since Day 1 so his focused blast of 16 damage points was too much for anyone he choose. In this case, it happened to be a mafia member.

IMPORTANT: I've updated the Item Selection rules in the current selection thread. Make sure you are aware of them. Here's the link if needed: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=35880.0

Deadline for voting is same as always. Midnight EST. Get your abilities in before that deadline if you want them counted.

We are done to 6 players and 1 of them is Dark Matter himself. Can the Citizens of Dreamland root him out or will Popstar fall under his dark might? Time is ticking down.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:27:34 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:34:16 AM »
I will get HP totals out right away.

There done.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:47:19 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:32:17 AM »
damnit, that sucked. At least King Dedede is out.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »
It is noon again and nobody has talked much in this thread. Will the townies be able to wrap things up today or will Dark Matter triumph in a few days?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »
I still think it's the perm. I'm probably next on the hit list for saying so, but:

vote the perm

Today I'm not changing my vote, it's either him or isanolord, but the perm just seems more likely to me. His analysis yesterday left us voting out another townie, good work on his part.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »
id hold off your vote till we have info sorted out, i am a townie, mary jane is equally suspicious. Sundoulos is ver suspicious.

i only voted out Dasmos because someone told me I shouldn't vote out Sixth Angel. I also didn't expect the major bandwagon to follow last minute, the truth is I had one vote against me and I didn't want to be out of the game before i unveiled my big plan

Mary Jane didn't respond to my PM asking what powers he has, very simple question, but heres my plan. There were only so many powers left.

Beam, Hammer, Laser, Magic, Fire, X-Ray, Mike, Crash, Sleep, Stone.

A good idea would be to publicly say how many hit points we have, who we've attacked, and what power we have. The thing about Dark Matter is, dark matter going to have to lie. That means dark matter has 5 out of 9 chance of guessing a duplicate power, I've been told one other person's power so he has a 2 out of 9 chance of guessing one of those two powers. There there are about 3 powers that id imagine would only have been issued if the game had more players, theres about 3 of those as well. This is one of those cases where the more we have out in the open the better.

so everyone list your powers, hp, and who you've attacked, with sundoulos listing his powers last because sundoulos told me his powers before. Also, sixthangel needs to post in the thread to defend his being absent, he pm'd me, but he needs to say hey im here. Its really weird. Not to mention he should list his powers like everyone else.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:47:14 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
Can we...do that?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
as far as i know theres no rule about being public with your info, 5/6 people are townies. At this point its easier to be public in a thread then to communicate through pm. Its also best nobody attacks anybody until we have sorted out the most suspicious person. Unfortunately i'm taking lead which puts me at risk by dark matter the most, but I want townies to win.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:09:17 PM by ThePerm »

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
I still don't see why we should trust you with that information, and you never pm'd me. So far, I've only communicated with bustin98, and nickmitch. You've just given me yet another reason to not trust you, but don't feel bad, I don't trust anybody :)
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
also, as im likely to be gone by tommorow another way for you to figure out who is who is to get in groups of 2 and see if you can attack each other, if your hitpoints go down then you've figured out whose attacked who. Dark matter doesn't have attack power, so as long as everybody makes sure whose attacking who then you can sort out whose who. So don't attack someone unless they know you're attacking them.

This has to be done privately. Hopefully people have hit points enough to pull it off. Even better hopefully we can figure out who dark matter is today.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
you're right i didnt pm you, i pm'd insanolord. didn't insanolord used to have a homer avatar?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:23:10 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »
I don't see anything in the rules about restricting info to be put out in the open but this isn't my game. I'm just helping out so I think it would be best to wait till Khushrenada gets back on to handle this matter. There just sent Khushrenada an email about this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:20:14 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 05:22:24 PM »
id hold off your vote till we have info sorted out, i am a townie, mary jane is equally suspicious. Sundoulos is ver suspicious.

i only voted out Dasmos because someone told me I shouldn't vote out Sixth Angel. I also didn't expect the major bandwagon to follow last minute, the truth is I had one vote against me and I didn't want to be out of the game before i unveiled my big plan

Mary Jane didn't respond to my PM asking what powers he has, very simple question, but heres my plan. There were only so many powers left.

Beam, Hammer, Laser, Magic, Fire, X-Ray, Mike, Crash, Sleep, Stone.

A good idea would be to publicly say how many hit points we have, who we've attacked, and what power we have. The thing about Dark Matter is, dark matter going to have to lie. That means dark matter has 5 out of 9 chance of guessing a duplicate power, I've been told one other person's power so he has a 2 out of 9 chance of guessing one of those two powers. There there are about 3 powers that id imagine would only have been issued if the game had more players, theres about 3 of those as well. This is one of those cases where the more we have out in the open the better.

so everyone list your powers, hp, and who you've attacked, with sundoulos listing his powers last because sundoulos told me his powers before. Also, sixthangel needs to post in the thread to defend his being absent, he pm'd me, but he needs to say hey im here. Its really weird. Not to mention he should list his powers like everyone else.

Just reread this to see if maybe I could be convinced, but there are two things wrong with your logic:

1. Sundoulos could easily be playing you since you don't know everyone's power.

2. The townie with x-ray is still alive, and Dark Matter has the same ability, so how would we deduce who is telling the truth, especially since anyone x-rayed at this point would show up as a townie?

Because of all your explanations I want to believe you, but there was a rather obvious problem with your deductions yesterday, and today you mean to list out what powers left are most dangerous to you. Dark Matter would definitely want to know what powers are left to know who to hit first.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »
i have already anticipated sundoulos could be playing me, thats why he says his power last, its not a fool proof plan though.   However, I've taken other steps to make it work even better, but if i tell you them before disclosure then it hurts the odds.  The odds could be better, but it doesn't hurt to get some info out.

Basically 5 out of 6 people have powers.

in fact ill go as far as to keep myself on the chopping block, so there is no incentive for me to lie, as i want a townie victory.

also, we're going to do disclosure in 2 rounds, first everyone says what their power is, then i say whose powers iv been told, then we do the math.

even if im gone tommorow, this method should still work
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:54:47 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »
When I was putting this game together, I anticipated that some people might start asking other people what their abilities are and working together. As such, I've put in safe gaurds to help protect mafia members in such an event. I just want all players to be aware of that.

As such, you are welcome to post as much or as little info as you want in the open. I don't expect it to break the game. It's up to the players to decide if they do or do not want to post any info.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
also note, X-ray's power at this point is useless, even if X-ray could scan anybody they would show up as a townie

also note, i had sundoulos attack me yesterday, I went down 1 hit point, so either he attacked me or someone else attacked me, thats why i also need to know who attacked who when.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:57:05 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »
I'm Zach Miller, age 28, fan of dinosaurs and chesty collectable figures. There's some info for ya!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
we have a 55% chance of catching Dark Matter if everyone comes clean, not the best odds, but slightly better then half.

ok imagine if the only  powers left were A B C D E F G H I, that means if theres BB or AA anywhere one of the 5 people will be able to point out who is lying. F G H and I are far flung powers likely not to make it in the game so really the only powers are ABCDE, that means if FGHI are announced then they are suspicious. A and B are being kept temporarily out of the public, but A and B are known. That means CDE are left, but C is x-ray. C was used yesterday now C is off the table, but C will lie and say they have not x-ray. C will say they are A by default, but nobody knows what A is except ab and C that means D and E are left to be the duplicates.  Does this make any sense to you?

also note until tommorow voting anybody out is not good
theres a chance you vote out a townie, and then dark matter takes a townie out. This makes the odds tommorow 1 mafia to 3 townies, whereas tommorow it will be 1 mafia to 4 townies if nobody is voted out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:17:19 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »
Just wanted to point out that in 15 minutes I will be unlocking the item thread so get ready for that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »
Item selection is now open. Carry on.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:43:02 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »
ok everybody whats the deal? id rather not vote at all because it screws up our odds, but im going to vote mary jane because it nullifies the vote.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:10:27 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »
Just for full disclosure, I received some bad news today.  One of my grandparents passed away, and I'll likely be out of town (and away from NWR) and busy for pretty much tomorrow night through the weekend.

Not trying to be a downer...  I'm saying this because if there is a need to vote someone out to narrow down the possibilities, throw me under the bus.  I probably won't be able to participate very much from Thursday on. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 11:05:37 PM »
well if you attacked me yesterday than that means your a townie, so no need to vote you out, if you didnt and someone else did than they need to come forward so we have a better reason to vote you.