Author Topic: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread  (Read 40673 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »
I hate the Dual Shock. That controller is the reason I only buy exclusives on the PS3 and everything else on the 360. Really, it's mostly an ergonomic thing, as I don't find it at all comfortable to hold. The Classic Controller Pro is basically the same layout, but far more comfortable.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
Do you guys have large hands or something? I find it to be the most comfortable controller I've ever used.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
I have whatever size hands that make the GameCube and Xbox 360 controllers feel perfect and the Dual Shock feel tiny and uncomfortable.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
I have the hands where my fingers get lost in the mass that is the 360 and Gamecube controller.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Oh, yeah. GameCube controller FTW. It's the most ergonomically designed controller ever. The handles just meld into your hands perfectly. Sure, the D-pad blows, but seriously... how many 3-D polygonal games truly took advantage of that control method? Not many at all.

I, too, agree with statements above about the PS3/2/1 controller. I hate the design of the handles... they feel more like stubs than anything - and they're definitely not designed to ergonomically fit a person's hands. The analog L2/R2 triggers also suck balls, and I much prefer the 'Cube's triggers over them, too - AND I seriously wish more devs would have taken advantage of the digital "click" in the 'Cube's analog L and R triggers. Such an awesome feature.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »
GameCube controller owns all others. 360 controller is fantastic though, and this wireless Logitech XBox (original) controller I have. Though nothing is as bad as the original XBox controller (with the gigantic XBOX logo in the middle).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
It must be nostalgia, because I love the Dualshock and hate the Cube and 360 controllers.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
the Playskool design of the face buttons (triangle, circle, square, X? Really?). Sony should look at the Xbox 360 controller, which is miles better. It's one of the reasons I never play multi-platform games on it.

http://gizmodo.com/5622157/what-do-the-playstations-circle-x-square-and-triangle-buttons-mean

pretty interesting once you consider the meaning behind the shapes. That said, my favourite controllers are the gamecube (the wavebird specifically since i have big hands) and the xbox 360/xbox S controller. but the face button placement on the gamecube's controller has to be the most ergonomic.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
Does anyone want to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS3?

My PSN ID is PS_Man1984
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:12:29 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
I have the hands where my fingers get lost in the mass that is the 360 and Gamecube controller.

Yeah, girl's hands.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
Burn.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2012, 01:37:07 AM »
One last thing to add, Tendoboi, please stop asking the same questions and same discusion over multiple threads. That's just the ones I am aware of for that one idea. Your qestion most definitely did not deserve to be in this thread. Instead of making new threads, you're spamming inside the threads themselves.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:06 AM »
One last thing to add, Tendoboi, please stop asking the same questions and same discusion over multiple threads. That's just the ones I am aware of for that one idea. Your qestion most definitely did not deserve to be in this thread. Instead of making new threads, you're spamming inside the threads themselves.

Dude, why are you and Oblivion ganging up on me all the time? Leave that to the moderators.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:24 AM »

Yeah, girl's hands.

Dude, I'm like 5 foot 3. Of course my hands are going to be small. Along with other parts of my body... :'(

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »

Yeah, girl's hands.

Dude, I'm like 5 foot 3. Of course my hands are going to be small. Along with other parts of my body... :'(

You poor poor man. That last bit was too much info, but whatever.

On a side note, I've been reading a lot of impressions about Sonic 4: Episode 2, and I can't believe how nitpicky some most Sonic fans are. They complain that the physics aren't exactly like the Genesis games, the music isn't as catchy as the Genesis games, the rolling in ball form doesn't feel right, etc. Are Sonic fans that hard to please? We should be lucky that SEGA / Dimps even made a new homage to the Genesis games. Sonic 4 isn't perfect, but it gets many things right. Yes Sonic Generations was better designed and had a bigger team attached to it, and it was still a great game.

Sonic has been in plenty of bad games before the Adventure games, yet the fanbase didn't complain as much as they do now. Remember Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, the Game Gear Sonic games, etc.? People seem to think that Sonic games became bad after the Adventure series, but there were tons of bad Sonic games in the 16-bit era.

You don't see the Mario fanbase complaining this much about the New Super Mario Bros. games... We simply ignore the bad games and move on. Also, practically every Mario platformer game from the past 5 years has been phenomenal, so that's a plus.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:53:12 AM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2012, 03:18:22 AM »
I kind of want to weigh in on the controller discussion here.
DualShock - bad
360 controller - bad
Wiimote - bad
GameCube controller - bad
Wii classic controller - sort of okay

N64 and Saturn for best controllers!

Seriously, why do Sony and MS use mushy analog buttons? Roughly zero games use them, and even less use them effectively. I mean, that's what the triggers are for, right? Snappy digital buttons feel and respond so much better...

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
On the controller topic I gotta side with the dual shock over the 360 controller.   Maybe my hands are precious and dainty, but I just find it a lot more comfortable.   Just thought I would speak up and throw some support out there for my fellow dainty handed people.  Your not alone.  :)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
Video games are like roller coasters. You must be this tall before riding. Unless you are riding the Playstation. That's teh kiddie ride.

I am not comfortable with the dual shock either. It does seem to me that there is nothing to grip. And the screw holes underneath are in spots where I rest my fingers making it very uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:05:36 PM by bustin98 »

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
I just thought of something. Do you think companies will offer cell phones with no-contract (month to month) data plans, the same way it works with tablets?

Offering a smartphone with an OPTIONAL month-to-month data plan is just like how the iPad 3G / 4G is sold with AT&T & Verizon data plans. The phones would still be able to use Wi-Fi, of course.

Is this a good idea? Do you think companies will sell smartphones like this in the future?

Samsung already offers a device like this, the Galaxy Player, which is basically a smartphone without the phone part. And we all know that the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone.

Why are tablets offered with no-contract month-to-month data plans, yet smartphones require a contract?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
Cell phone companies already do this.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »
Cell phone companies already do this.

I worded that wrong. I'm thinking about something like what the tablet companies do. They sell their tablets either as standalone Wi-Fi versions, or they're tethered to an optional data plan through a cell phone carrier. The only smartphone devices that are free from contract plans are the iPod Touch and Samsung Galaxy Player. I know they aren't real phones, but the have all the same features, sans calling.

If you can get a tablet with an optional data plan, then smartphone companies should also offer the same thing. And if they do this, then smartphone prices need to come down so they are more affordable. I can get an Android tablet for only $300-$400, but an equivalent smartphone costs over $500. What gives?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »
Hey at every E3 or TGS everyone goes "my body is ready!" What is that and who started it?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
Reggie said it during an interview I believe.

meme was born on the spot.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »

Wasn't it one of his first interviews after knowing he be taking a big spot at NoA?

It wasn't it was the Wii Fit release.

Source: Know Your Meme
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:58:26 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

It's a quote from Reggie during the E3 2007 reveal of Wii Fit. Miyamoto and Bill Trinen were demonstrating the game onstage, and they brought Reggie out onstage. When Reggie came out, he said "my body is ready".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gc5cuekQto&feature=related

(I don't know how to post Youtube videos, the button doesn't work)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:57:36 PM by tendoboy1984 »