Author Topic: Nintendo Announces Trade Event in September  (Read 7929 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Announces Trade Event in September
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »

The event will primarily focus on the 3DS.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27581

Nintendo has confirmed that they will be holding a special Nintendo World trade show in September that will focus on the 3DS.

Previously rumored, the event will take place on September 13, days before the Tokyo Game Show. It will be open to investors, analysts and journalists, but not to the public. Further details are unavailable.

The event comes after Nintendo dropped the price of the 3DS worldwide due to poor sales performance. The company has faced several complaints and criticisms regarding its strategies in the handheld market, with some investors even suggesting that the company should try to compete in the mobile phone market.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Announces Trade Event in September
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »
This coming along with the recent rumours doesn't sound good. I hope it isn't related...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »
I bet this is the event where Nintendo officially announces the analog stick addon.
is your sanity...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
Monster Hunter Portable 3D.

Believe.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pololmejor

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »
The second analog stick is just s poor as using a legendary Pokemon in your party. It's not a good idea, they will look so week and they will demonstrate there scared at Sony! That doesn't sound like Nintendo!!! But if it does happen, well, my 3DS got stollen just at time...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »
This coming along with the recent rumours doesn't sound good. I hope it isn't related...

Nintendo has been consistently holding events around TGS, so I don't see why this would indicate anything bad (Not sure what rumor you are referring to that doesn't sound good). I have no problem if they announce a analog stick attachment, I just hope if they do it is comfortable to use and doesn't feel tacked on.

Anyway I think they'll use the event to announce some new games, that will be their primary focus like most of their previous events (Maybe Xenoblade and Last story for NA? I can dream)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »
It literally would be tacked on...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »
It literally would be tacked on...

I mean in regards to how it feels attached to the controller. If it feels comfortable, I see no problem with it. Now if it is the rumor that they will release another handheld or iteration with an analog stick, then I'll be very upset.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:42:04 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline UltraClayton

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
It's going to be Mario's birthday party

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »
But I'm an Ambassador! I should be allowed to attend!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 06:46:26 PM »
GP's right, Nintendo pretty much always (at least in recent years) has an event of their own around that time, so don't read too much into the timing in relation to these rumors. It's 3DS specific because the Wii is dead and they're not ready to show off more of the Wii U.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Tenser

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 09:50:51 PM »
I think I'm the only one hoping for a new 3DS iteration. I'm ready to trade up my current 3DS for a 3DSLite. Then again all my gaming dollars are focused on the DS/3DS. I can understand someone being hard-pressed and upset for a new release when you're supporting your hobby on two to five different systems.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
Even if you take the right analog out of consideration, a new 3DS revision is needed anyway in order to improve battery life. So that's two reasons why a revision is necessary, and there may be other reasons as well. It sorta feels like Nintendo rushed the system to market and as a result they left out things which should have been obvious.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
Not a chance in hell they announce a revision after only 7 months. I wouldn't expect a revision until late 2012 at the earliest.

They might revise the battery and just put it in the existing 3DS (though that might piss off existing owners).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »
It wouldn't piss me off. You would possibly buy it from their store and install it yourself. In any case, the battery life hardly bothers me anyway.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 01:05:50 AM »
I think I'm the only one hoping for a new 3DS iteration. I'm ready to trade up my current 3DS for a 3DSLite. Then again all my gaming dollars are focused on the DS/3DS. I can understand someone being hard-pressed and upset for a new release when you're supporting your hobby on two to five different systems.

Heh heh....I just had a baby and my biggest client just told me they'd be slashing the work they sent my way by 40%, so trust me...I'm not ready to buy new hardware.

With that said, isn't it funny how you never here anyone complain "Oh crap, I've got to get a new Ipod this year" or "Darn, Apple just released a new iteration of the Iphone!"  I mean, at least it's rumor, speculation, and mystery with Nintendo.  With Apple, it's so clockwork that it's barely news.  Hey everyone, guess what, Apple is going to release a whole new line of Ipods and Itouches in 4 weeks.  Big whoop.  Hey everyone, in just 7 months, your Iphone is going to be rendered obsolete by a new iteration that looks just different enough for everyone else to notice you're using last year's iteration.  Wah wah.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
I'd complain if I owned an Apple product.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »
I only replaced my iPod Touch after one of their firmware upgrade's bricked it (it was working fine, I downloaded the firmware update and then it stopped working and I couldn't even get past the little Apple logo), it helped ease it that the bricked iPod Touch was a 3rd gen one and thus could use many of the new features that were supported by the 4th gen ones. I am not stupid enough to upgrade a iPod Touch or iPhone every year
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 01:19:20 AM »
I almost always use my 3DS at home so it's connected with the AC adapter, so I wouldn't care if they released a better battery for it. I'd actually prefer that to having one in a revision, or at least released alongside a revision.

Offline Lady Mushroom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 01:21:55 AM »
The battery life doesn't bother me. What they need to announce is Pokemon Gray with all the lovely 3D models used in the free Pokedex. That would REALLY sell 3DS!
The only walking talking mushroom in Real Life.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 01:31:35 AM »
I only replaced my iPod Touch after one of their firmware upgrade's bricked it (it was working fine, I downloaded the firmware update and then it stopped working and I couldn't even get past the little Apple logo), it helped ease it that the bricked iPod Touch was a 3rd gen one and thus could use many of the new features that were supported by the 4th gen ones. I am not stupid enough to upgrade a iPod Touch or iPhone every year

I don't have an iPhone, but I am still using my 2008 iPod Nano ;) . I agree, as long as the company keeps supporting the old hardware, and the changes between versions aren't drastic, then I can live with slightly older hardware.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
I have never owned and iPod.  I reluctantly bought an iPhone 3G for the Unlimited Data and there was just not a Clear alternative (Before Android and Phone 7).  I ditched it like a bad habit when Contract allowed and went to Phone 7.  Though I do own a Macbook Air but that's back to it was the only computer in the price range that met my  wife's and mine specs, (Powerplug not easily broken, preferable no moveable parts so it be drop resistant, able to do all the basic computing for the web (Like Flash), etc.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »
I'm already pissed at Nintendo for not being able to repair my Wii and they just sent me a busted sounding Wii as replacement. In the process of battling that out with their crap, people who read from a script, so called customer anal raping - I mean service.

I swear if they announce a revision to the 3DS after buying one a few ago I may shift sides to Sony. They are seriously going off the deep end.

Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »
Even if you take the right analog out of consideration, a new 3DS revision is needed anyway in order to improve battery life. So that's two reasons why a revision is necessary, and there may be other reasons as well. It sorta feels like Nintendo rushed the system to market and as a result they left out things which should have been obvious.
You could just buy an extended battery...  Seems silly to be the soul reason for a revision.  I rather see them make an XL Sized 3DS.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Tenser

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »
Possible changes with a new iteration:
-Longer battery life
-Larger screen
-2nd circle pad
-Larger 3D "sweet spot"
-More in system memory for DSiWare