Author Topic: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!  (Read 53071 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
Sorry, I know its wrong... but the thought of someone's genitalia being a stage background cracked me up.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »
Offline mode is what I had in mind. The thought of Mario fighting on someone's backside is just too damn funny!

And it would be equally hilarious when Smash Bros. appeared in the news as part of a story about a pedophile who decided to show a kid their "Smash Bros. game" using their genitalia as a stage background over local Wi-Fi.  Sure, people can already do this with phones and cameras, but Nintendo wouldn't dare risk damage to their image and their brand with a feature like that.  It's not a bad idea, but I just don't see Nintendo taking that sort of risk in a brand so closely associated with official Nintendo mascots.

I never thought that all the way through.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2011, 06:07:37 PM »
Look at you debby downers over. Sir Buzz Killington's.

Playing off a great set of boobies or an entire level filled with dog **** would be hysterical.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:21:40 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
And, in the case of the boobies, erotic!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »
I can easily imagine some character getting flung off the stage and into cleavage, which I will leave to everyone elses (gutterfied) imagination.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »
It is ashamed that Battletoads is owned by Microsoft because having them in the next SSB would kick so much ass. The Ninja Turtles would also be a cool addition to the roster as well.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2011, 02:26:55 AM »
Hey Kytim, is 89 your IQ? You're hurting my head, please stop.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2011, 02:46:14 AM »
Hey Kytim, is 89 your IQ? You're hurting my head, please stop.
I was playing a little bit of Battletoads in Battlemaniacs and thought that it would make a good addition to the SSB roster, but then reality dawned on me.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27:24 AM »
Offline mode is what I had in mind. The thought of Mario fighting on someone's backside is just too damn funny!

And it would be equally hilarious when Smash Bros. appeared in the news as part of a story about a pedophile who decided to show a kid their "Smash Bros. game" using their genitalia as a stage background over local Wi-Fi.  Sure, people can already do this with phones and cameras, but Nintendo wouldn't dare risk damage to their image and their brand with a feature like that.  It's not a bad idea, but I just don't see Nintendo taking that sort of risk in a brand so closely associated with official Nintendo mascots.

After thinking about that a bit more I realized that while you do have a point, the fact of the matter is if a pedophile is close enough to a kid to show his genitalia in the game through local offline mode then he is also close enough to the kid where he doesn't really even need the game to show his genitalia (or do worse things than that even).

The bottom line is pedophiles need to be kept far away from children period. So with that said, maybe allowing it in local multiplayer isn't such a bad idea because if a pedophile is really in the same room as a kid then there are far worse things to worry about than what happens in a video game. Do you see what I'm saying?
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2011, 03:39:44 AM »
I love how hated pedophiles are. They are the most hated people on earth unilaterally. It's pretty damn funny if you think about it.

I think if all our arguments started with "Hey, do you hate pedophiles?" we'd get a lot more done.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:11:38 AM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2011, 04:08:16 AM »

After thinking about that a bit more I realized that while you do have a point, the fact of the matter is if a pedophile is close enough to a kid to show his genitalia in the game through local offline mode then he is also close enough to the kid where he doesn't really even need the game to show his genitalia (or do worse things than that even).

The bottom line is pedophiles need to be kept far away from children period. So with that said, maybe allowing it in local multiplayer isn't such a bad idea because if a pedophile is really in the same room as a kid then there are far worse things to worry about than what happens in a video game. Do you see what I'm saying?

Why should good and decent people be deprived of a creative way to experience a game? Hell, this might encourage me to go out and spotpass other 3DS systems.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:12:21 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2011, 11:44:54 PM »
i just got through the first area of Super Princess Peach and I bought all here Umbrella moves at that point.  I have to say the next Smash should base Princess Peach totally off of that game and make the current Princess Peach move set go to Daisy with more of a Sports tweak to it because that always felt a little more Daisy-ish anyways.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2011, 01:22:17 AM »
i just got through the first area of Super Princess Peach and I bought all here Umbrella moves at that point.  I have to say the next Smash should base Princess Peach totally off of that game and make the current Princess Peach move set go to Daisy with more of a Sports tweak to it because that always felt a little more Daisy-ish anyways.

Never thought of that! My brother kept saying Daisy should be in the game, and I kept telling him she would just be a peach clone! But now she can be a peach clone as long as Peach gets her SPP moves! Come on Smash developer make it happen!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »
The Mario side already has the most representatives so I don't really see any more from that series getting in. All the more reason I'd like to see franchise-specific versions of the game.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
The Mario side already has the most representatives so I don't really see any more from that series getting in. All the more reason I'd like to see franchise-specific versions of the game.

Actually Mario is tied with Zelda and Pokemon in terms of selectable characters on the select screen.  Of course if we start counting all playable characters in the game, Mario has the third most represented with 4 characters while Zelda has 5 and Pokemon has 6.  You have to remember that Wario, Yoshi, Donkey and Diddy Kong are considered parts of separate series, hence why they have different icons and victory themes then the main Mario characters.

This is why I image the main Mario series will get at least one new character added this time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
They are all a part of the same franchise though, so I don't really see them adding more. We might see Dixie Kong or the return of Dr. Mario since they were apparently cut from SSBBrawl, but that'll be it from the Mario universe. Who else is really deserving of it anyway?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:24 PM »
Who else is really deserving of it anyway?

How about Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M? He deserves to be in Smash Bros. because if it weren't for him Samus would have been dead at least twice.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »
In that case, Adam Malkovich should be in Smash Bros. so he can authorize Samus' use of the Wave Beam.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2011, 12:16:31 AM »
Adam should only be in as the replacement for Sandbag.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
I meant from the Mario franchise, but, uh, those suggestions work too.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2011, 12:25:09 AM »
I was just joking (only Dark Samus and Ridley need be added from the Metroid series).

I'd want Daisy. Maybe Prince Peasley if only for his awesome taunt. In fact, Superstar Saga's cast was pretty strong. Throw Fawful in there as well. Man, I loved that game.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2011, 02:31:44 AM »
For possible Mario characters my bets are on Bowser Jr, Daisey or Waluigi.  I mean, those are the three major characters that have appeared in all the Mario spinoff games since 2002 that haven't been playable in Smash Bros yet.  If there's going to be a new Mario character, it will be one of those 3.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »
What about Fawful?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2011, 08:53:47 AM »
In that case, Adam Malkovich should be in Smash Bros. so he can authorize Samus' use of the Wave Beam.

The problem with that is Adam is dead.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »
So?