Author Topic: Episode 89: Speedy Spidey Balls  (Read 2652 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Episode 89: Speedy Spidey Balls
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:07:11 PM »

Need a 'cast for the trip to PAX East? Jonathan Metts brings some class in this very retro-sounding episode.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/radiotrivia/25600

Did you like the third game? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 89: Speedy Spidey Balls
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:20:44 PM »
Awesome, this is my first episode. I'm listening to it right now! I can't believe I've missed out on so much.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:45:40 PM »
Your first episode, TurdFurgy?? SHAME!!!

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:30:01 AM »
For reference, the games are:

BIT.TRIP Runner (Wii)
Kirby's Tilt and Tumble (GBC)
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS (DSi)
Sonic Colours (Wii)
Ufouria: The Saga (NES/Wii)

A new personal record of 4 games guessed correctly. Yeah!

I enjoyed this episode's tribute to chiptune music. The back-beat in all of the songs in Game 1 is just perfect because it's synced so well with the run - I can see Commander Video running in my head every time I hear those songs. And Game 3 does a fantastic job of layering the music, so what starts as a classic theme de-constructed ends as a very busy piece with all sorts of sound effects from the original game e.g. the warp whistle tune in the Zelda song.

I alluded to this in another thread, but I think there needs to be a Radio Trivia at PAX East. Maybe not necessarily while under the influence of certain beverages, but I really feel that just having a big group gathered in a hotel room doing a few rounds of trivia would be brilliant.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 05:32:13 PM »
I think TYP mentioned last episode that he did try to get a panel at PAX, but it wasn't accepted.  It's too bad, really...I think something like Radio Trivia would find a lot of interest there.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
I got two out of five, which is kind of sad since I own game four but haven't played it.

3. As I've said before, this is the best five dollars of Nintendo'smoney I've ever spent. The music is fantastic, and the way the picture develops as you play is really cool. Shame on you Jonny for playing it with the sond off.  ;)
5. Another cool game.I haven't finished it, but so far it's got some pretty nifty gameplay.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
Wow, 0 for 5 this week. I suck!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:45:49 PM »
Thanks for summarizing the games this episode, KMJ. I was in a hurry to catch a plane (I'm all over the country this week) and forgot to post that in talkback.

BTW, since the Radio Trivia proposed panel was rejected, even though everyone seems to think it's a good idea, Jonny and I are planning to incorporate Radio Trivia into the Q&A section of the panel / podcast. Hopefully it will work out!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
You guys talked a bit about this, but the music on the NA Virtual Console release of game 5 is actually sped up, not slowed down.