Author Topic: Charlie Sheen  (Read 12193 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Charlie Sheen
« on: March 01, 2011, 10:45:52 PM »
I'm feeling conflicted about this Charlie Sheen situation.

On one hand, it's celebrity gossip so it has zero importance and I really shouldn't care.

On the other hand, the things he says are incredibly entertaining.

On the third hand, seeing someone abuse drugs and womanize is a sad situation.

On the fourth hand, I really have little interest in the Two and a Half Men TV Show.

Thoughts?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Charlie Sheen
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
I am having fun watching the meltdown. The guy is a egomaniac, thinks he is better than everyone (literally, he said he is tired of pretending he is not special), verbally attacks and threatens physical violence towards the man responsible for letting him earn over $43 million a year just from a TV show, thinks using cocaine is fine and the AA is a cult, and is in a downward spiral. I love Two and a Half Men, and he is killing the show with his rants. He caused this season to go from 24 episodes down to 16 (although Warner Bros. has promised to pay the crew for 20 episodes). There is talk about actually replacing him on the show if he keeps this up, maybe with John Stamos (who has been making a comeback on TV recently), and I wouldn't mind that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:50:25 AM »
Thoughts?

You have a lot of hands.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:46 AM »
I stole one from TJ Spyke's Handconsin.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 01:20:13 AM »
I laughed way harder at the word "Handsconsin" than it had any right to get.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
Charlie Sheen is my hero.

On the third hand, seeing someone abuse drugs and womanize is an awesome situation.

Fixed.

Watched an interview the other night where he described his two favorite mistresses as "The Goddesses."

Pretty hilarious ****.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »
[...] thinks using cocaine is fine and the AA is a cult [...]

I wouldn't personally condone the use of cocaine. What someone does with their own body isn't any of my business however. That said, AA pretty much is a cult. It conditions people to feel helpless so that they can use group therapy as a crutch instead of substance abuse. Just believe in those higher powers and everything will be alright! ...right?

Disclaimer: I have no idea what's going on with Charlie Sheen, and only really even know of the name from a couple of films. He'll never live up to some of his father's roles.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:19:06 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
AA has been shown to help many people get over their alcohol addiction. And Sheen has said that it's OK to use cocaine as long as you can handle it socially, he should not be saying anyone should use it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
He is just exercising his "Freedom of Speech"
just like everyone else can exercise their "Freedom to not listen"

Everything can be destructive if abused and just because his personal choices for social interaction happen to be illegal doesn't make them wrong for him to do.

It's his mind and his body, so as long as what he is doing to himself is not directly harming anyone else around him, then I don't see the harm in him enjoying something he loves to do.... as long as it's not being abused.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:48:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »

Everything can be destructive if abused and just because his personal choices for social interaction happen to be illegal doesn't make them wrong for him to do.

It's his mind and his body, so as long as what he is doing to himself is not directly harming anyone else around him, then I don't see the harm in him enjoying something he loves to do.... as long as it's not being abused.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »
Well, it's serious enough to Colorado has granted his ex-wife a restraining order preventing him from coming within 100 feet of her or their two kids.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »
you can get restraining orders for all sorts of reasons.... it could be that incident they had a few months ago where he did something to his wife and then ran his car off the cliff too.

The man in in party mode, it's not everyday that someone gets to make $2million a week as long as his show in on the air. You only have one life to live it up and I'm sure most of us would trade places with him in a heartbeat and handle most of what he is doing a whole lot differently.... or so we hope.[/'spoiler]

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
If you're a fan of NBC's Parks and Recreation (and you should be), check out this link, a collection of Sheen's tweets paired with shots from the show that present them as if Ron Swanson said them. It's fantastic.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 12:42:55 AM »
Ron Swanson is the best character on TV right now

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 01:51:39 AM »
I think it's great that Two and a Half men has been cancelled. That show was never funny.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:55 AM »
I think it's great that Two and a Half men has been cancelled. That show was never funny.

My sister would like to have a word with you.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
Australia is stealing our TV shows!

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 02:26:39 AM »
Oh God, every tweet sounds EXACTLY like a Swanson quote.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:46 AM »
I heard somewhere they are considering re-casting. I'd love that to happen to see the meltdown.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »

It hasn't been canceled, they just ended the season. You may not like the show, but you are in the minority as it is the most popular sitcom on TV. I haven't watched it in awhile (I am watching wrestling on Mondays at 9), but I enjoy the show and find it really funny.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

It hasn't been canceled, they just ended the season. You may not like the show, but you are in the minority as it is the most popular sitcom on TV. I haven't watched it in awhile (I am watching wrestling on Mondays at 9), but I enjoy the show and find it really funny.

Technically that just means he's probably not in the plurality. In the sake of transparency I don't much care for anything produced by that show's producer.

Unrelated, but hilarious: Gaddafi or Sheen
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
You don't like The Big Bang Theory? That is one of the best shows on TV IMO. And yes, I did like Dharma & Greg too (which was also from Chuck Lorre).

I actually saw that quiz mentioned on CNN about 30 minutes ago.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
I think its quite despicable the way the media is taking advantage of a clearly troubled man.

And before anyone claims it's ok because he's approaching them, well it's not.  If a drunk young woman, upset because her father's going to jail, started sleeping around with anyone and everyone, would it be respectable to take advantage of her situation?  No it would not.

Sure, he's allowed to share his side of the story, but leave it to Twitter and Facebook.  At least there he's not being paraded like a show at the circus.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »
I bet I can name  a handful of forum goers who would take advantage of that situation...