Author Topic: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion  (Read 178009 times)

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #525 on: September 26, 2003, 10:13:30 PM »
yes i agree... i thought the trailer was quite well done... the part with "the cyborg" and solid snake waspretty cool... and i see it's pretty true  that they're really overhauling the cimemamatics and voice acting.

as for the delay, disappointing since a holiday release would facilitate sales but if they feel as though they need they extra time, then i can be patient... i have other thing s to keep me occupied...

soory, abiout my grammar it;s hard to type since i'm a little blitzed right now.,..
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 26, 2003, 10:57:33 PM »
This trailer is cool.
Especially that bit where you're waiting for that girl to get shot, then BAM! I jumped. hehe.
I want this game, NOW!
And they're right in saying that most Nintendo fans now have an incentive to buy MGS, cause I am drooling over the game now.
I simply can't wait.

But, is that snowy military compound the only environment in the game, cause if so, it's looking quite bland. I mean, come on! Stunning sunsets! Blue skys! They would compliment the game a bit. But of course, I've never played MGS, so who am i to complain.

Don't mind me.
*backs out of room*
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline kusanagi

• View Profile
RE:OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2003, 12:08:43 AM »
it contains the snowy fields but mostly indoor, but trust me, the setting will never be an issue as the game is tremendously fun.

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2003, 07:45:43 AM »
OK, I'm going out of my mind here.  I've downloaded the trailer (an .asx file) but I can't play it.  Windows MP9 just keeps giving me an error message.  I want so very badly to see this thing but I'm stumped.  How spoiler heavy is  it anyway?  I don't want to watch it if it gives away everything.  Doesn't matter in the end though, I'll find some way of watching it because I wan't the game NOW!  This delay is killing me...
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2003, 07:46:40 AM »
Termin8, one of the trademarks of Metal Gear games is a distinctive blue/green/grey color palette.  All the colors are deliberately washed out, to create a more subliminal world.  Metal Gear Solid 2 did have some colorful levels with blue skies and stunning sunsets, but I hated them.

And.... I really would put a spoiler tag around the first 3 lines of your post.  I know that it was in the trailer, but I would consider it to be something of a spoiler.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Bishman

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2003, 09:26:53 AM »
She was not waiting to get shot. It is the effect that happens when you are scared. Why do people just stand there and get hit by cars?  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 27, 2003, 10:00:49 AM »

Originally posted by: Moonwatcher
OK, I'm going out of my mind here.  I've downloaded the trailer (an .asx file) but I can't play it.  Windows MP9 just keeps giving me an error message.  I want so very badly to see this thing but I'm stumped.  How spoiler heavy is  it anyway?  I don't want to watch it if it gives away everything.  Doesn't matter in the end though, I'll find some way of watching it because I wan't the game NOW!  This delay is killing me...

The trailer contains some scenes that reveal some of the key events in the game.  Watching the trailer won't spoil much of the game for you, and there will be PLENTY that will still have a great effect on you in the game.  The first half of the trailer is basically the first 5 minutes of the game.  The rest of the trailer is from later in the game, and there's a bit that happens in the last half hour.  I might advise not watching it if you haven't played MGS before, and you KNOW that you are getting the game.  If you aren't sure you will be getting it, give it a watch.  It will ocnvince you.  

The trailer is excellent though, and I would keep a copy of it around for when you do get to play MGS, simply because of the genius of it.  It was without a doubt targetted towards people who have already played the game, and wanted to know why they should buy the GCN version.  

As for your error, what message do you get?  I might be able to help you with that.  WMP9 SHOULD play the movie though, and I suspect that it's probably the copy that you downloaded.  But regardless, you can get it in WMV or QT right here  Enjoy.  

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2003, 01:44:45 PM »
Thank you very much Grey Ninja.  Very much.
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 27, 2003, 01:55:40 PM »
Don't mention it.    Just glad that I could help share it with a fellow MGS fan.

Offline SCF

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 27, 2003, 03:58:21 PM »
2004 q1...why god why? first ff:cc now mgs....oh well hopefully ot'll be worth the wait.
thks infernal monkey for my avatar

Offline Asimov

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 27, 2003, 08:12:27 PM »
Incredible trailer!!!  Just one one thing though; Snake doesn't sound like David Hayter anymore.....  It sounds more like the guy that does Spike Spiegel's voice on Cowboy Bebop.  Maybe it's just me.....
We've been losing a lot of members due to a lack of "gimmicky features", but don't worry, true Nintendo Gallery fans know where it's at!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 27, 2003, 08:15:15 PM »
Well they brought back the old VAs, so it's just because Hayter has aged a little and his voice has changed as well...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline yellowfellow

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2003, 05:48:54 AM »
slightly off-topic but has anyone else happened to watch the TGS trailer of MGS3? video is somewhat craptastic, but decent enough to get the gist of it.  the environments, i believe will be quite enjoyable to sneak around through and remind me of hiking through the woods when i was younger.  this kind of vegetative environment is very similar to the type of environment i have been hoping would be found in upcoming zelda games.

the score is also very reminicent to those found during the introduction of another spy's movies (who also happens to fight during the cold war).
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 28, 2003, 06:18:32 AM »
My 56k got me about half way through the trailer, but that was all I needed. I must have this game. I will put the entire staff of SK in the obituaries if they try to stop me. Wait...that would mean no Too Human. Or SK's "PROJECT X". Sorry SK! I didn't mean it! I hope MGS's delay doesn't hurt its sales though. It would have done STU-pendously during Christmas.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2003, 06:23:07 AM »
Yellow Fellow, MGS3 looks very fun.  You can really tell that the development team is having a great time making the game.  I also think that the new theme song is quite appropriate and is actually pretty good.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 28, 2003, 06:23:52 AM »
I don't think it will hurts sales too much.  Wind Waker did really good even though it sold in March.  I guess we'll see...

Yellow- That's my dream Lost Woods for the Zelda game on Ninty's next system  A sprawling, mysterious, wonderfully detailed forest = heaven for me

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 28, 2003, 06:32:19 AM »
Heh... personally I found what I wanted to see in Wind Waker in the forest on Outset Island.  When I entered the forest.... it was like my dreams had come to life.

Offline yellowfellow

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 28, 2003, 06:51:33 PM »
Grey- i felt the same way... except i wouldn't mind the next incarnation to be a large sprawling environment.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 28, 2003, 06:55:59 PM »
The forest in WW was great, but way too small.  I'm obsessed with forest levels, and I was really disappointed that it was so small...

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 28, 2003, 07:27:27 PM »
Well how about the Forbidden Forest then?  That area was pretty huge.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 29, 2003, 03:33:32 AM »
I want an big overworld-type forest...Sort of like the Lost woods in LttP...

Offline yellowfellow

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2003, 05:47:12 PM »
exactly... me too... actually, what i really want is a copy of the MGS:TS trailer in high-res.

Offline TMAN2003

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2003, 04:09:17 PM »
Yepp
Curentley playing  

Soul Caliber2, wario ware,  SSBM, billy hatcher and the giant egg

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 04, 2003, 10:28:47 PM »
i cant keep up wif what yall are posting. JEEEEEEEEZZUZ.  
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Zach Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 11, 2003, 05:18:08 PM »
Well, this isn't high resolution but it sure beats down the other trailer. Check it out:
http://jpn01.konami.co.jp/movie/mgs_tts/mgstts_tgs2k3_e.wmv  
If any man says he hates war more than I do, he better have a knife, that's all I have to say.