Author Topic: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion  (Read 177989 times)

Offline GrAyLaN

• -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN -GrAyLaN
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #1000 on: April 15, 2004, 08:08:19 PM »
Is it true that in Metal Gear Solid 2 that if you shoot the exclamation point above guards heads they go numb and drool for a couple seconds?

-GrAyLaN
Looks like someone ate too many donuts...
A whole Winchells worth of too many donuts...

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 17, 2004, 05:05:27 PM »
1001 1001 1001....booyah!

Sorry...

I refuse to play Rainbow Six 3 on anything but PC.  Just a shotty job compared to what you get on the computer.  Some games just shouldn't be ported.

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 18, 2004, 09:38:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
I just beat MGS TTS, and my girlfriend beat Splinter Cell just last Friday.

I agree with the freedom comment, but I've got to say that Splinter Cell definitely gives off a better sense of stealth in my opinion.  Shooting out lights, low tolerance for bullets, and alarm limits seem to make getting spotted a lot more consequential.  TTS also has five hours of cut-scenes, which are obviously better than SC, but I still felt like Metal Gear's long and frequent scenes never gave me a chance to dig into the game for more than five minutes without interruption.

So I don't know that I could ultimately rate one as better than the other, but those are my thoughts.

If you have an Xbox def. try out the bonus missions. Kola Cell is by far one of my favorite level so far although I have not checked out the others yet

and uglydot is right some games, like Rainbow should not be ported (I spent all last year throughly addicted to Raven Shield . . . Pistols only!!!!)

Offline ResidentEvil88

• View Profile
RE: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #1003 on: April 18, 2004, 12:52:40 PM »
What an awesome game, i loved all of it....Great Game!!,   alittle short, and annoying with all the cinema, but well worth it.   Now i have to get the alt ending :-)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 18, 2004, 07:05:30 PM »
Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the cinema the best part of the game? I thought it was anyways.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline wei803

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 18, 2004, 10:41:21 PM »
ok all the dude that already have this game... help me out here, i cant decide should i get this game or not...
i've never play MGS... does it worth collecting?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1006 on: April 18, 2004, 10:49:09 PM »
If you like good story-telling and want to see an interesting(twisted, action-packed) story, go for it.

Take it from Jean-Claude Van Damme:  "I like this game!"
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline wei803

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 18, 2004, 10:51:45 PM »
roughly how long does this game last for a beginner?

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 19, 2004, 12:54:23 AM »
For a beginner, I would say that this would be a 10-15 hour game.  And that's only on easy mode.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 19, 2004, 11:14:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Myxtika1 Azn
For a beginner, I would say that this would be a 10-15 hour game.  And that's only on easy mode.

Yeah.  Extreme will keep you occupied for a long time.  It took me more than an hour to get past the first room, even without Intrusion Mode.

Offline wei803

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 19, 2004, 04:48:51 PM »
thanks a lot for all the info! will get it soon! might need help from you guys again for some guide in game

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 19, 2004, 07:14:04 PM »
i really like this game, but hte graphics are kind of disapointing....maybe my memory doesnt serve me well, but i think mgs:2 for the ps2 has far better graphics. dont flame, but thats what i can remember. its still a very fun game though.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 19, 2004, 07:21:43 PM »
Eh, get yours eyes checked, nolimit- I own both games, have played them back to back, and Twin Snakes looks at least as good as MGS2. Its textures, in my opinion, are far superior. I think Twin Snakes even looks as good as MGS3.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 20, 2004, 11:25:10 AM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
i really like this game, but hte graphics are kind of disapointing....maybe my memory doesnt serve me well, but i think mgs:2 for the ps2 has far better graphics. dont flame, but thats what i can remember. its still a very fun game though.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes looks much better than Metal Gear Solid 2.  Polygon counts are higher, there are higher resolution textures, bump-mapping is present on characters (not sure about environments), shadows are higher resolution, animation I found to be a little bit smoother, lightmaps are applied to the environments better, and characters' shadows and such are affected better by the light sources.  The only thing that is inferior is the framerate, but once you get past that, it's fine.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 20, 2004, 07:14:42 PM »
Oh yes, it's a very pretty game. The only time I had trouble with it was that the frame rate ALWAYS dropped in the armory when I was seen. Well, I was heard. I had my cloaking device and threw a grenade. The SWAT team came out and I shot out their arms and legs. ^_^ Good times.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 20, 2004, 11:59:01 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Eh, get yours eyes checked, nolimit- I own both games, have played them back to back, and Twin Snakes looks at least as good as MGS2. Its textures, in my opinion, are far superior. I think Twin Snakes even looks as good as MGS3.

Actually I believe MGS 2 is the superior version.

Although the graphics are good I was never blown away by them. Im not gonna get into this debate but both are good. Although seeing as TS is on GCN its graphics should have been far away and beyond the graphics of MGS 2/
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1016 on: April 21, 2004, 12:19:21 AM »
Oh yes, let's all get into this debate.  That way, everyone can get new eye prescriptions so we can all agree with what we see.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 21, 2004, 04:11:16 AM »
well i havent played mgs:2 is a couple years, and i dont have it hanging around so i cant compare them...i am going based on memory so i could be wrong.....either way, for the most part the graphics are good, but some of the textures on the some of hte characters arent that great. and there were some scenes where there were a bunch of jagged edges. im still an adict, but i think they could have done considerably better.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1018 on: April 21, 2004, 03:51:15 PM »
SK and Konami have amazing artists, but then again I wouldn't say they're as amazing as Retro or Factor 5 when it comes to optimizing 3D engines.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 21, 2004, 05:22:14 PM »
according to the magic-box.com, MG: twin snakes sold 122,435 units and was 10th overall in sales for the month of march.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 21, 2004, 05:27:46 PM »
10th isn't bad for the month- it sold almost as well in its first month as Eternal Darkness did period.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 21, 2004, 05:28:54 PM »
Stupid forums making me double post.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 21, 2004, 06:04:46 PM »

Originally posted by: SearanoX
Polygon counts are higher, there are higher resolution textures, bump-mapping is present on characters (not sure about environments), shadows are higher resolution, animation I found to be a little bit smoother, lightmaps are applied to the environments better, and characters' shadows and such are affected better by the light sources.  

Yeah sure, it has all that crap, but does it look better? In my opinion, no.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 21, 2004, 06:07:12 PM »

Yeah sure, it has all that crap, but does it look better? In my opinion, no.

You need glasses, or something- maybe it's your PAL format. I can't possibly understand someone thinking Twin Snakes doesn't look any better than MGS2- I was blown away by some of the textures, to be honest. I quite literally played Twin Snakes and Sons of Liberty back to back, too, and TS looks at least as good, no acceptions.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1024 on: April 22, 2004, 08:33:37 PM »
Even if it doesn't look as good, it's Konami's fault; they were responsible for modeling, textures, and overall stage presentation. (oh no, we got teh shafted agin!)