Author Topic: SD Adapter  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
SD Adapter
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2003, 07:29:24 PM »
i know the reason people don't think this could be used as a 'normal' memory card is cause of the stupid file count limit inherent in the GCN.  Theoretically though, wouldn't it be possible to put software on the sd, format it if you will, so that it could act as multiple memory cards.  So that you would then have to pick which virtual memory card on the sd card you wanted for a particular game?

Also, do you think nintendo is going to package an sd with the adaptor?  seldomly does one find a store that would sell both a nintendo accessory and sd cards unless its like a comp usa.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: SD Adapter
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2003, 07:45:49 PM »
The file count limit has nothing to do with it. Nintendo says a game has to be specifically programmed to be able to save in SD card format...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
SD Adapter
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2003, 07:57:22 PM »
heres hwoi the sd card would work...on the memory card menu it would appear as SD File...one game. Essentuially it would be like a zip file(not compressed, but you nkow like a package) with tons of gamefiles withinside it.I wouldnt doubt all future games will support sd in some form.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: SD Adapter
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2003, 08:24:32 PM »
Well that's a good idea, but that's not how it might actually work though....Or, if you have an SD adaptor inserted, it might change the cube's main menu system a little...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
SD Adapter
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2003, 08:49:23 PM »
the very fact that theres a game file limit may mean the file system is very static and that may be the only way to do it. Although i said would instead of could.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
SD Adapter
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2003, 11:12:45 AM »
Nintendo could always release or bundle Save Management software that let you archive saves into the SD format, that wouldn't be limited by the save format block limit, but it would be tedious to boot up and repeatedly swap save files back onto another card (or even into an "Active" area where the SD Card acts like a memory card), then reboot for what game you wanted.

Offline oteck

• View Profile
RE:SD Adapter
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 01:00:49 PM »
kinda late but does anyone have the official sd adapter their willing to sell? i reaaaly need one

email me an offer
oteck