Author Topic: Episode 203: Third Nipple  (Read 18428 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 203: Third Nipple
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
Wow, chippy thread.

We all have multiple systems, so I think it's expected that discussion of games on other systems will creep in, if only as counterpoint or counterexample.  We do try to keep it to a minimum, but we won't restrict good conversation just because it strays into non-Nintendo-centric areas of discussion.  Furthermore, New Business is New Business, not New Nintendo Business.  We aren't going to lie about what games we've been playing, because that wouldn't make for much of a segment.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
Yeah, if we all four only talked about the new Nintendo games we're playing, the New Business segment would range from 0-15 minutes most weeks. Some listeners might prefer that, but this segment is generally quite popular in spite of, or perhaps because of, our diverse interests.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
After this fall and winter, you guys are going to have your hands full with all the great wii and DS games coming out. I imgaine one of the RFN crew is going to get Donkey Kong Country Returns and the rest will get what ever else. I am betting that James will Golden Sun DS when it releases.  :cool;
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 02:53:44 PM »
I will buy games this winter. Who knows what games!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2010, 02:56:40 PM »
I imagine we'll be hearing about Other M from Jonny and Greg, maybe even Lindy, but not James.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2010, 04:21:32 PM »
My game budget is a hundred dollars this season, so I will be picking up Metroid: Other M and either Epic Mickey or Donkey Kong Country Returns. I really wanted the new Zelda, but I am going to wait for it to come out to buy it.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
I am going to wait for it to come out to buy it.

That's always a good policy.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
I am going to wait for it to come out to buy it.

That's always a good policy.

I really like the game and want to play it, but at the same I am not so sure about it because of the graphics. In the latest issue of Nintendo Power the game is featured and it has certain screens where the game looks very good, but I looked at how goofy the Moblins(?) look in this game with their big heads and I am affraid that this game is not going to be serious. I mean I loved Twilight Princess and regard it as one of my favorite games of all time and its graphical style spoiled me. I was hoping that Zelda wii was going to carry on what TP started and I was dissapointed. Do not get me wrong, I will play the game and enjot it because I love the series, but at the same time I am not going to break my kneck to buy it when it is released next year.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
From what we've seen so far, Skyward Sword is much more visually appealing to me than Twilight Princess. I think it's the perfect art style for the series.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »
I would not mind seeing a new handheld Zelda for the 3DS done in the style of Twilight Princess and possibly developed by Team Ninja, if Other M is successful that is.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
I'm just waaaay behind in terms of Nintendo games right now.  I'm playing DQ IX at the moment, still want to go back to Super Mario Galaxy 2 (believe it or not), and I still have to slog through New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  On top of that there's Sin & Punishment 2, Metroid: Other M is coming up, and I may pick up DKC Returns as well.

And again, that's just Nintendo systems.  There's plenty of stuff on other systems that remains in my "must finish" backlog, like God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War 2, Shadow Complex, etc.  And stuff like NHL 11, LittleBigPlanet 2 and hell, maybe even Gran Turismo 5 lurk on the horizon.

I'm at the point where really good games like Bioshock 2 and Red Dead Redemption don't even make it on my radar any more.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:44:40 PM by NWR_Lindy »
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 11:40:09 PM »
I have Red Steel 2, Tatsunoko VS Capcom and a boat load of VC titles just sitting there waiting for me to me to play them because I bought a few other titles and I am playing them right now. When I go to play Red Steel 2, I see Monster Hunter 3 or Super Mario Galaxy 2 and pick those instead.

How do you go about emailing RFN? I an not find the link since you guys renovated your site.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:53:58 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2010, 11:55:52 PM »
Aaron Kaluszka

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 12:03:40 AM »
Later this year I am really excited for Golden Sun, FF 4 Warriors of Light and Etrian Odyssey 3. Gotta validate that XL purchase!
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 02:54:57 AM »

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2010, 01:47:03 AM »
I for one approve of Jonny's additional Final Fantasy XIII discussion. But while I can appreciate the academic discussions of Earthbound and Rock Band / Guitar Hero, I am not super interested in either series.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2010, 01:53:27 AM »
I would like to see a LoZ game for the wii 2/successor with the scenic scale of Final Fantasy 13 and God of War 3.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:56:06 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline Hyrulian Guard

• Account closed by request
  • Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
I still think the Episode sucked.
 There are plenty of XBOX and playstation crap  podcasts if thats what u wanna hear.
 With nintendo's history and the library, one should never have to say, i dont have any
 nintendo stuff to talk about.
 i have a 360 and play some games on it, but my interest in nintendo is why
 i listen to this podcast.

i had 23 podcasts on my machine, after i got rid of the ones that went off topic,
 XBX podcasts that talk about  ipod and iphone
 Nintendo podcast that talk about PSP and PS3 games.

back about 4-5 eposodes ago, 45mins of RFN was Sony /XBX stuff, really rfn?
 you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
I still think the Episode sucked.
 There are plenty of XBOX and playstation crap  podcasts if thats what u wanna hear.
 With nintendo's history and the library, one should never have to say, i dont have any
 nintendo stuff to talk about.
 i have a 360 and play some games on it, but my interest in nintendo is why
 i listen to this podcast.

i had 23 podcasts on my machine, after i got rid of the ones that went off topic,
 XBX podcasts that talk about  ipod and iphone
 Nintendo podcast that talk about PSP and PS3 games.

back about 4-5 eposodes ago, 45mins of RFN was Sony /XBX stuff, really rfn?
 you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

Then go somewhere else and find a podcast that suits your tastes, because after your attitude here I doubt anyone wants you here.

So sorry the RFN crew actually likes to play things other than Nintendo games, and that they like to talk about them on the podcast.  It's not their fault that the Wii and DS don't have the current releases to keep their full attention to the exclusion of the other platforms.  I like hearing about all 3 major platforms (plus the 2 handhelds) in two different regions of the world every week and what the RFN crew are into at the moment, especially since it usually spills into a conversation of how those experiences could impact games on Nintendo systems.  They still talk about plenty of Nintendo stuff, or did you somehow miss all the E3 coverage; the recent feature topic on the history of the DS in episode 200; and their constant Nintendo conversation every single week?

Whatever my feelings on Nintendo themselves, RFN puts on a damn fine show every week regardless of whether I'm interested in the subject matter.  And mind you, they do all this in their spare time on top of already busy lives.  If you don't like it, there's plenty of other podcasts to listen to (like the Newscast, another Nintendo-centric podcast on this site).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:15:31 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »
I just like how the RFN cre analyze the game industry.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
I like to think that we view and discuss everything through a Nintendo-colored lens, even when not specifically talking about Nintendo.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the alternate viewpoint and critical feedback. We're not going to be ashamed of ourselves for doing what we do, but it's good that our listeners express their criticisms as well as praise.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
At least they talk about games. I unsubscribed to Giant Bombcast because I got sick of endless discussions on food, movies, etc., and it's not very entertaining to hear minutes of laughter instead of talking. It seemed like less than half of each podcast was actually talking about video games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 01:46:10 PM »
The Bombcast is more of a lifestyle podcast, it's true. I enjoy that stuff but am fully aware that it's too off-topic for some people.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2010, 01:54:38 PM »
Retronauts has gone way down hill in the last couple of episodes.