Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii  (Read 101705 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye Wii
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »
Did you take some time to adjust the controls to your liking?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »

You can't adjust how the grenade is thrown.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
Like its trajectory? How's that a control issue?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2010, 10:00:50 PM »
As in what you do to throw it. I dislike that you have to shake the nunchuck to throw. I prefer Nunchuck to reload.

Modern Warfare > Conduit in the control customization department.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »
It lacked some of the customization options of Reflex; it always bugged me that I couldn't set reload to nunchuk waggle. Given High Voltage's response to GoldenEye's classic controller option, I'd be surprised if that weren't fixed in the sequel.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
Throwing a grenade can be set to a button (I know because it's on the D-pad in my setup). There are some actions which can't be on a motion, which includes reload because it's what you hold down to pick up weapons. I didn't like that either, I rarely use the reload command because I generally empty a clip all in one go, and then it reloads automatically.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2010, 10:05:02 PM »
I reload after every attack and kill. Though this can get me killed a lot sometimes. Especially sucks with Reflex when I'm using one of the big machine guns that take half the battle to reload and I forget how big the clip is and instinctively reload right away.
My Game Collection

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »

thats right and the slightest move will trigger it.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2010, 12:38:38 PM »
So IGN just gave this game a 9.0. http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1131501p1.html

There are few reviews that I have been more curious about this year. I wonder how this will stack up across the spectrum.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
So IGN just gave this game a 9.0. http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1131501p1.html

There are few reviews that I have been more curious about this year. I wonder how this will stack up across the spectrum.

I have to admit, I dismissed this game as a cheap cash-in by one of the worst publishers in the industry, but the game does sound good in the IGN review.  I like the sound the levels getting bigger and more complex as you up the difficulty level, something I was a big fan of in Perfect Dark and Timesplitters 2, but strangely doesn't seem to have been used in anything else since.  I'm still not going to buy the game at launch, but it's something to look into somewhere down the line.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2010, 01:34:30 PM »
sounds like a nice review, i knew activision would put some effort into it, since this games carries all of the fanbase of the n64 goldeneye.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2010, 04:19:38 PM »
sounds like a nice review, i knew activision would put some effort into it, since this games carries all of the fanbase of the n64 goldeneye.

Except everyone who played Perfect Dark and immediately recognized a vastly superior (multiplayer) game.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »

The problem is that Activision hasn't done the best PR job with the game.  When you have trailers like the one shown at Nintendo's E3 Press Conference, it tells me that the game is nothing but a nostalgia cash-in and that's unfortunate considering the game turned out to actually be something more.  I would have preferred an solid focus earlier on the game being a really solid Wii shooter, with the Goldeneye license as almost secondary.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:18 PM »
When you have trailers like the one shown at Nintendo's E3 Press Conference, it tells me that the game is nothing but a nostalgia cash-in

Very true.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2010, 05:19:40 PM »
Well, well, well. I guess Eurocom did actually reinvent the wheel with the new GoldenEye, instead of taking the 'safe remake' path. How about that?
The ability to use stealth as an optional strategy is sorely underused in first person shooters, so my excitement level is higher than it was right after the game's unveiling at E3. It's a toss up between this and Black Ops for my FPS purchase this winter, although right now, I might go for GoldenEye purely based on the cost I can obtain it for.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
I just finished playing the first two levels, and so far the game is very good, a few minor controller hicups specially with the automatic Z targeting, but other than that the controls are very good, graphic wise, for a wii game is very good looking, and it has the goldeneye feeling due to some very good level recreations.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
Nostalgia for the Nintendo 64 game is still the only reason this game was made; you don't see any other old Bond movie games being made. It's nice that it actually turned out to be a good game though.

thats right and the slightest move will trigger it.
That isn't right, you can map throw grenade to a button. I know because I have it on the D-pad myself. You probably tried to swap it with an action that couldn't be placed on a motion.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:14 PM »
I picked this up and played about 40 minutes of it. It's good, like really good from what I have played.

It is taking me sometime to get used to Wii Controls again. I havn't played a Wii FPS since The Conduit and haven't played that game any sizable amount in about a year.

~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2010, 09:31:15 PM »
^agreed, getting used to playing fps on the wii again is a bit tough, specially on the shoulders.

Offline Chiller

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2010, 03:08:16 AM »
From what I have seen so far, multiplayer does not include an option for "one-hit kills", outside of the "Golden Gun" setting.  For those who have played it, is this correct?
"Mweeeep"
Charles Seeburg

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2010, 09:56:29 AM »
I like the sound the levels getting bigger and more complex as you up the difficulty level, something I was a big fan of in Perfect Dark and Timesplitters 2, but strangely doesn't seem to have been used in anything else since.  I'm still not going to buy the game at launch, but it's something to look into somewhere down the line.
I am certainly not the only one who wants a Timesplitters pack made for Wii... anyone? I loved the objective based missions, though some of them got on my nerves.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
I like the sound the levels getting bigger and more complex as you up the difficulty level, something I was a big fan of in Perfect Dark and Timesplitters 2, but strangely doesn't seem to have been used in anything else since.  I'm still not going to buy the game at launch, but it's something to look into somewhere down the line.
I am certainly not the only one who wants a Timesplitters pack made for Wii... anyone? I loved the objective based missions, though some of them got on my nerves.

I wouldn't be adverse to a Timesplitters compilation, though I'd prefer Timesplitters 4 was a reality or they'd just remake Timesplitters 2.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:17:45 PM by broodwars »

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2010, 06:57:02 PM »
Found the Dead Zone setting, it was a bit hidden, man that makes the controls SO much better!
~David~

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »
looking up and down its a bit tough thou.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
There is a option in the deeper control options. Its say something about aiming on X axis is what it is defaulted on. I switched it to just Wii Remote and changed the dead zones and controls are 100% better.
~David~