Author Topic: Chance for another Zelda at E3?  (Read 7301 times)

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Chance for another Zelda at E3?
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2003, 07:17:38 AM »
Nintendo needs some sort of killer app this year so they can surpass the X-box and solidify the number 2 position in the US and Europe. As much as I hate to say it Mario Kart isn't going to cut it. I like Mario Kart but I just don't see myself buying the newest one. Barring any changes Burnout 2 and F-Zero are most likely gonna be the only racing titles I buy this year. Nintendo needs some sort of exclusive title that will appeal to not only us but to average gamer as well.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Army_F_body

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2003, 08:30:19 AM »
Isn't Star Fox: Armada slated for a 2003 release.  Star Fox was a killer app for the SNES, so maybe Nintendo is counting on that with F-Zero, and Mario Kart.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2003, 09:42:57 AM »
Or maybe a new SSB:melee.   It would be incredible if they released some sort of undercover spy rpg(i know, theres no such thing) type game.  If Nintendo made it, it would be great, of course.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2003, 02:09:48 PM »
Want a killer app?  Wait until E3.  
I actually think Metroid Prime 2 might come out this year.  The engine is already done.  Not to mention Samus, her weapons, and her visors are done too.  
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline mariomeatball

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2003, 04:09:26 PM »
I dont think we'll see Zelda at E3... seems to early.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2003, 04:20:29 PM »
I am highly expecting a new Zelda shown at E3.  My Nintendo Power's next month page hinted of a new Zelda.  So were all going to have to wait and see.

Offline Nintega

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2003, 05:19:01 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they showed the next GCN Zelda was at E3.  Nintendo said they plan to launch their next console the same time as Sony and MS so now would be a good time to show most if not all their upcoming games for the Gamecube.  I believe 2004 E3 will be the unveiling of the new consoles.