Author Topic: Blaster Master confirmed for VC  (Read 26231 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Blaster Master confirmed for VC
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »
save state don't do it for you?

...i didn't think so.
A save feature would be great, and with the amount of effort that Vic Ireland says they are putting in to this revival (rewards and easter-eggs), I'm hoping they include some sort of save feature. The whole reason I never beat this game is the same reason I never beat Fester's Quest. If you die you start all the way back at the beginning since there is no way to save your game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »
What's the difference?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:11 AM »
Fantastic, anyone who hasn't played this game should buy it! Not only that but it has the best name ever for the protagonist's vehicle! Can't wait to play this game again, one of my all time favorites. One big disappointment is that it has one of the easiest final boss fights ever in an NES game.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:04:19 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 07:55:30 AM »
What's the difference?

As far as I know (I've only played a few VC games) a save state will only save where you were when you quit playing. But if you die, you still have to start from the beginning.

A save feature would allow you to save where ever it lets you save, and then you can continue from that point anytime you load that save.

Now you might be able to mimic a save feature using a save state if you copy the save state over to a SD card after playing, but not every game lets you copy/move the save.
But a save feature would be alot easier and more permanent.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
Yeah, the VC itself has no save feature. It basically just pauses where you are (like hitting paused on a DVD).

GP, i'm not sure how many people even made it to the final boss.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »
I haven't  played Blaster Master but the first Turtles game on the NES was very hard but when you got to the final boss it was very easy. I guess the developers thought "hey you have been through hell here is a gimmie final boss"

Oh GP check the Clandestine Claws topic in the Funhouse.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »
Fantastic, anyone who hasn't played this game should buy it! Not only that but it has the best name ever for the protagonist's vehicle! Can't wait to play this game again, one of my all time favorites. One big disappointment is that it has one of the easiest final boss fights ever in an NES game.

Just out of curiosity, does the game ever refer to that tank as the SOPHIA or was that just an invention of the book?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »
...You based your name on a videogame tank?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 04:28:45 PM »
...You based your name on a videogame tank?
Blaster Master came out after GP was born. It is just a coincidence.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2009, 04:31:13 PM »
Not when Sophia is an assumed name and not her original name... It's no fun joking with someone when they don't really post here anymore...  :(
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »
One big disappointment is that it has one of the easiest final boss fights ever in an NES game.
Only if you have the best gun upgrade. Otherwise it is pretty tough.

Just out of curiosity, does the game ever refer to that tank as the SOPHIA or was that just an invention of the book?
The name is on the pause screen.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »

Meant final boss fight, you can beat him by staying in the right hand corner and shooting him until he is dead.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »

Meant final boss fight, you can beat him by staying in the right hand corner and shooting him until he is dead.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
*pumps fist* Honestly, I could never beat even the second level of this game. Which... makes this game a lot like Kid Icarus in that respect... hmmm... so... Recommended for Everybody.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »
*pumps fist* Honestly, I could never beat even the second level of this game. Which... makes this game a lot like Kid Icarus in that respect... hmmm... so... Recommended for Everybody.

LOL, I still try to play Kid Icarus from time to time and still can't get past the first level. I get a bit farther over time but then get frustrated and ignore it for months.
My Game Collection

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »
After about 3 hour of excruciating play, concentration, and frustration, I finally beat Kid Icarus on what I consider the game's "easy mode."

By that I mean I beat level 1. The ending credits looked a lot like level 2, but I didn't stick around to watch them.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »
lol Kid Icarus. That's one of those games that I needed to have back when I had absolutely nothing to do all day.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »

LOL, I still try to play Kid Icarus from time to time and still can't get past the first level. I get a bit farther over time but then get frustrated and ignore it for months.
Ain't that the truth.
After about 3 hour of excruciating play, concentration, and frustration, I finally beat Kid Icarus on what I consider the game's "easy mode."

By that I mean I beat level 1. The ending credits looked a lot like level 2, but I didn't stick around to watch them.

LMAO. I still haven't gotten that far.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »
i still haven't played kid icarus...

I heard this game had some megaman 2 style tricks to beating bosses like using elecman's weapon on the Yellow Devil in the first wily stage, and constantly pausing/un-pausing as it passed thru him. Then there's what the Ghost of GP said.. which i read about in the book lol. I'm really upset at myself for never finishing the game but finishing the book.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »
i still haven't played kid icarus...

I heard this game had some megaman 2 style tricks to beating bosses like using elecman's weapon on the Yellow Devil in the first wily stage, and constantly pausing/un-pausing as it passed thru him.
Yep, there's an easy trick which works on most bosses. Here it is for those curious:
Pause the game right when a grenade explodes on the part of the boss that causes damage. It will continue to damage them even though the game is paused. Wait about 20 seconds and that should be enough. This works for the bosses on levels 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7.

If they are making changes to this game then I would not be surprised if tricks like this are removed.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:40 PM »
Blaster Master! The game I always wanted to play but never did. I hope it's not as hard as some are saying and that's just child memories.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2009, 11:27:08 PM »
Sunsoft was capable of the greatest NES music ever. EVER.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2009, 02:07:22 PM »
Blaster Master! The game I always wanted to play but never did. I hope it's not as hard as some are saying and that's just child memories.
I don't think it is as difficult as everyone says, largely because I have beaten it and that should be proof enough. It is nowhere near as bad as games like Kid Icarus or Battletoads or any of those such games, and when it is difficult it is because of good game design and not cheap tricks or poor control.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Cometo think of it i rememeber getting pretty far once in middle school when I went on this NES phase and went back to play a bunch of my brothers old games. Some weren't as fun as what I had on SNES but blaster master was awesome. I died a few times but I don't remember feeling frustrated. The only thing that kept me from beating it was my nes being in bad shape.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2009, 05:51:21 PM »
The only thing that kept me from beating it was my nes being in bad shape.

That's why I put mine in a conditioning program including dumbbells and treadmills before I commence in any serious retro gaming binges.
My Game Collection