Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622954 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1175 on: September 03, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »
Both Aonuma and Miyamoto have said there IS an official timeline, so that means there IS. You may ignore it, but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. The facts are that there is an official Zelda timeline, end of story. Sorry, but anybody who says otherwise is speaking out of their ass and just ignoring facts.

You mean like ignoring the fact that a particular, seemingly-immortal villain can't appear in a game prior to the game he was created in?  Yeah, someone's speaking out of their ass, alright.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:33:04 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1176 on: September 03, 2010, 04:46:20 PM »
Since we don't know any details of the story, don't go assuming things. I, on the other hand, am going by established facts.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1177 on: September 03, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »
The timeline only makes sense if you consider all of the games at once, which is only possible after they've all been released. You go back half way, and none of it makes sense anymore. I just couldn't imagine anyone having this planned out since OoT at the latest.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: September 03, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
It's a legend, not a Din-forsaken history book.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: September 04, 2010, 04:30:14 AM »
the thing that disappoints me with Nintendo making more prequels is it makes my awesome fan fiction ideas just ideas.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: September 04, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »
Star Wars talk moved to a Star Wars thread...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #1181 on: September 04, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »
the thing that disappoints me with Nintendo making more prequels is it makes my awesome fan fiction ideas just ideas.
No shame in being a revisionist.

In my Fan Zelda, Impa is an undead ninja.
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 04, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
Any chance of Vaati being the villian of Skyward Sword?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1183 on: September 04, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
Wow Kytim you must be reading my posts on other forums because I said the same thing a few days ago. :P

Only real reason I think that Vaati could be the villian this game is because it takes place before OOT when Ganon first appeared.
This is taking in consideration that Minish Cap is first in the timeline.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 04, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
Wow Kytim you must be reading my posts on other forums because I said the same thing a few days ago. :P:

Only real reason I think that Vaati could be the villian this game is because it takes place before OOT when Ganon first appeared.
This is taking in consideration that Minish Cap is first in the timeline.

Skyward Sword is a prequel to Minsih Cap which is turn a prequel to OoT. Skyward Sword and Minish Cap is where the LoZ adventure starts and Ocarina of Time is when a fork in the road of the series starts. The left path follows the adult ending. The right path follows the child ending of OoT.

There is also some kind of connection between Majora's Mask and the Twili. I also believe that those chicken people that lived in the sky in TP will have a much larger role in the newest game and the progenitors of the Twili will be the rival faction of the Oooca, or what ever.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: September 04, 2010, 09:55:55 PM »
I was just playing Minish Cap today and I noticed the blue mushrooms also showed up in the SS demo. The mushrooms could be sucked and stretched with the Gust Jar to fling Link across chasms; seems like a perfect match for Motion Plus.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: September 05, 2010, 02:08:43 AM »
Out of curiosity, what does an official timeline add to the series?

To me, nothing. That's why I don't care that Miyamoto and Aonuma are in a special club of two that has their little Zelda timeline within the walls of Nintendo's offices in Kyoto under lock and key. I acknowledge that they've gone on record to say they have one (I read that interview), but when they refuse to divulge the specifics, it's hard to care that it exists. Since the games aren't codependent on each other, an official timeline is inconsequential.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: September 05, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
What is Ganon and the Gerudo's relationship to pigs? Also, who or what is the Happy Mask Salesman? Is he a villian or something else?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: September 05, 2010, 03:03:28 PM »
Nintendo isn't afraid to release official timelines of their games.  They've done so.  There's one for the Metroid Games on the Metroid Prime 2 Demo Disc.  There used to be one (although it was bad) for the Zelda games on the official website.

If Nintendo wanted to acknowledge an "official" timeline, they would.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: September 08, 2010, 01:39:28 AM »
Nintendo isn't afraid to release official timelines of their games.  They've done so.  There's one for the Metroid Games on the Metroid Prime 2 Demo Disc.  There used to be one (although it was bad) for the Zelda games on the official website.

If Nintendo wanted to acknowledge an "official" timeline, they would.

Didn't that involve making all of the Link's the same link? I recall something just before the release of Wind Waker.

OoT to Majora first. Then Link get's tossed into an alternate time at the end of Majora and then ALttP and Awakening happen. Then Zelda 1 and 2 occur and Wink Waker was going the farthest ahead yet.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: September 08, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
What I would really like to see in this game is some kind of boss arena that is unlocked after completeing the game. Basically Link goes up against all the main villains of the past games in the series and some popular boss battles. Of course these bosses would be set apart by the fact that Link has touse visual clues to defeat these bosses rather than just attck them like he did in the past. In fact, the game would tell you, the player, that these opponents have wanting a rematch with Link for years.

Here is a list of the boss battles:

Onox
Veran
Twinrova
Majora
Golden Darknut
Byrne
Vaati(if he is not the enemy of Skyward Sword)
Ganon(if he is not the main villain of Skyward Sword)
Bellum
Chancellor Cole and Malladus
Zant

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: September 08, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
No matter how popular it would be in Japan, I really don't think Nintendo's going to make Zelda into Monster Hunter.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: September 08, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »
It would be nice though.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: September 08, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
That idea doesn't really sound different than the "Cave of Trials" or whatever those caves were called that had nothing but rooms after rooms of enemies that were in Wind Waker and I believe Twilight Princess as well.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: September 08, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »
That idea doesn't really sound different than the "Cave of Trials" or whatever those caves were called that had nothing but rooms after rooms of enemies that were in Wind Waker and I believe Twilight Princess as well.

I really hope that Nintendo never brings back that concept again for another Zelda game.  Those two caves in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were such a tedious bore.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
Weren't they optional though? You didn't have to beat them. I know the one in Twilight Princess was, since I beat the game without even finding its location. If they are then it's no big deal.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
Weren't they optional though? You didn't have to beat them. I know the one in Twilight Princess was, since I beat the game without even finding its location. If they are then it's no big deal.

Yes, it was optional.  Unfortunately, Nintendo always sticks a Heart Piece in the things, so I'm obligated to do them.  Making them optional doesn't mean it's ok to have a really terrible part of the game, though.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1197 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
Those were some of the best parts of the games, unless you don't like boss rush modes. I wish more games would do something like that.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »
Those were some of the best parts of the games, unless you don't like boss rush modes. I wish more games would do something like that.

I'm ok with boss rush modes, so long as they aren't so terribly long and dull.  The two caves in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are 50 floors long, most of that taken up by you just slaughtering legions of enemies you can kill relatively easily over and over again.  If we're going to have something like that in these games, how about something like a true 10-floor Boss Rush cave where you actually have to fight the bosses in sequence without healing items?  Just make it relatively challenging and quick, and I don't have a problem with it.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 08, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »
What I had in mind was something like a dundgeon, but with out all the puzzles. Basically Link goes in to face his foes and it is more of a challenging fan service than anything else. The dundgeons would be unlocked after completeing the game, of course, and each victory would give a speciel weapon, armor or item for wining.