Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622866 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #825 on: April 27, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
While we are on the topic of Final battles in Zelda games. I think the gauntlet of battles in Twilight Princess was exciting. The last battle with Ganondorf was ok. There was a way to defeat TP Ganondorf easily. Get out your fishing rod and use it. Ganondorf will be distracted for a few seconds and you can get some sword swipes in.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 27, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »
iv been pretty content with boss fights, but defeating ganon on WW is so sudden your like WTF? But also HE HAD A BIG SWORD IN HIS HEAD
IT was a cool fight though

i have to say subjectivity is a failure of a philosophy though, i prefer objectivity. I see a lot of people hating a game because they liked another one better, but if game a and game b didn't exist would you like game c better? Game A and Game B do not exist to Zelda newbies, that is why to them Game C is so awesome. Saying something is bad because Game C has some things Game A has fails, because either game A was also a failure or your being harsh on game C. Game B was completely different but only half the people liked it because it was different than game A, how the hell is Nintendo supposed to please anyone? Subjects are boxes. How many innovations are made by people who are trained outside their fields?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 27, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
I just want gigantic boss battles and plenty of them. That is why I want Nintendo to provide adequate DLC to satisfy my appetite for LoZ boass battles.

How about Nintendo add some RPG elements to the series. For example, Link has to eat and drink water(especially if he is in the desert) and must take breaks often to rest or he loses health. Maybe I am stealing this from MGS 3?

I was playing TP the other night and something bugged me about the geography of Hyrule. Lake Hylia is located right next to the desert, how is this possibe, or is it laziness on the part Nintendo? I mean the Gerudo desert should be on the other side Death mountain thanks to rain shadow(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_shadow).
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 27, 2010, 11:18:48 PM »

How about Nintendo add some RPG elements to the series. For example, Link has to eat and drink water(especially if he is in the desert) and must take breaks often to rest or he loses health.

Miyamoto would never let that be included, which is good because it's a terrible idea.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »
How about Nintendo ruin everything we like about Zelda by making it like every other game

on Rain Shadow....
The Zora River
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:29:31 PM by ThePerm »

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 28, 2010, 01:22:18 AM »
There have always been RPG elements, they just don't use experience until Zelda 2(which was awesome).  In the very first game you picked up rings to get better defense as you went along and as you progressed you could pick up new more powerful swords based only on how far you had gotten.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:25:54 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 28, 2010, 03:30:28 AM »
Kytim, you should really try Monster Hunter 3. Every other hunt is an epic boss fight like the ones you've asked for.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 28, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
The only thing I will ask the Gaming Gods for are more ingenious puzzles (seriously, no more push the block in the square) and harder enemies that make me worry I might actually die.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 28, 2010, 10:08:08 AM »
and harder enemies that make me worry I might actually die.

Considering there hasn't been enemies capable of killing the player since Zelda 2 for the NES, I wouldn't get my hopes up on this.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 28, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »
How about Nintendo ruin everything we like about Zelda by making it like every other game

on Rain Shadow....
The Zora River

I do not understand you answer.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 28, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »
One thing that I would like for bosses would be something that more resembles a sword fight.  That's one thing I really liked about the final boss in WW.  The best Zelda fight I ever had was the first one against an Iron Knuckle in OoT.  That was intense and my heart was pounding out of my chest afterwards.  Because the Iron Knuckle is a more human-esque character the fight is more like a sword fight.  A lot of Zelda bosses are these huge monsters where it's more like a puzzle to defeat them.  I had more trouble with Stalfos in OoT then I did with any of the bosses.  Those feel like a real fight.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 28, 2010, 04:37:53 PM »
Hopefully there will be at least one boss battle where you rely on Motion+ to target a specific body part/armor and hit with your sword.  Targeting specific areas is a common battle mechanic, but like Ian says, it's used too much like a puzzle.  Notice visual clue, wait for boss to pause, stand still and aim your reticule, press button to throw your boomerang/whatever.  Although the bosses change, the underlying algorithm is pretty constant.  At least with Motion+ you can use targeting as more of a battle technique/strategy.  Sword fights are just more exciting in my opinion.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 28, 2010, 08:30:01 PM »
Hopefully there will be at least one boss battle where you rely on Motion+ to target a specific body part/armor and hit with your sword.  Targeting specific areas is a common battle mechanic, but like Ian says, it's used too much like a puzzle.  Notice visual clue, wait for boss to pause, stand still and aim your reticule, press button to throw your boomerang/whatever.  Although the bosses change, the underlying algorithm is pretty constant.  At least with Motion+ you can use targeting as more of a battle technique/strategy.  Sword fights are just more exciting in my opinion.

Actually if they expand on the Darknut fights from Twilight Princess there probably will be fights like this.  Since those were rather similar to what you just described with the whole cutting of armor fighting another person with a sword.  So Nintendo basically has the structure for such a fight already laid out.  Now with the Motion+ being used, I can easily see something like what you described actually happening.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 28, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »

on Rain Shadow....
The Zora River

Things like Rivers and and the density and permiability of the surrounding rock can alter the effect on rain shadow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 28, 2010, 10:58:05 PM »

on Rain Shadow....
The Zora River

Things like Rivers and and the density and permiability of the surrounding rock can alter the effect on rain shadow.

excuse my ignorance, but is that supposed to make it easier or harder to understand your answer?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 28, 2010, 11:16:41 PM »

on Rain Shadow....
The Zora River

If I was designing the geography of Hyrule, I would put Gerudo desert on the other side of Death Mountain because it just does not make much sense for a desert to be right next to a large body of water. I mean the evaporation from lake hylia would create rain for the desert, right? It would not be a desert?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 29, 2010, 12:56:59 AM »
i think it depends on the body of water, if it were an ocean i could understand this, but lakes dry out all the time, not to mention i don't think lake Hylia is big enough to create rain from its evaporation. One of the deals with the Gerado area is it used to be a fertile place and then dried out. Egypt is well known for being arid, but about 2800 years ago it was tropical.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:50 AM »
And the Nile runs straight through it.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 29, 2010, 01:02:52 AM »
i think it depends on the body of water, if it were an ocean i could understand this, but lakes dry out all the time, not to mention i don't think lake Hylia is big enough to create rain from its evaporation. One of the deals with the Gerado area is it used to be a fertile place and then dried out. Egypt is well known for being arid, but about 2800 years ago it was tropical.

Does Hyrule have an ocean?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 29, 2010, 01:08:22 AM »
It does in Wind Waker...!
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 01, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTJRPP0ON8&feature=related

It looks as though the Las Plagas have invaded Hyrule and taken over Link and Zelda.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #846 on: May 02, 2010, 03:19:23 AM »
What is this filth.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:04 AM »
the pc version

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 03, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »
Nintendo should implement some kind of armor system for Link to use in the game. Similar to the system implemented in MGS: Peace Walker, different types of armor Link can use that alters the game play. Imagine Link wearing armor over his tunic to give him extra protection from enemy attacks.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 03, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTJRPP0ON8&feature=related

It looks as though the Las Plagas have invaded Hyrule and taken over Link and Zelda.

That's hilarious. At least some interesting modding came out of that horrible PC port that Capcom **** out.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality