Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 623022 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #350 on: December 14, 2009, 02:09:15 AM »
I played the Wii Version. It was challenging at first because I was getting used to the controls still. Zelda:TP was my 3rd game Wii game I played. I beat the game over the weekend. Started on Friday night and played till Sunday night. I slept very little.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 14, 2009, 03:15:28 AM »
I played TP on the gamecube, and loved it -- I thought it was by far the best zelda so far.  Loved "twilight" (such a different feel compared to normal hyrule), loved Midna, loved the wolf-form, loved the more realistic and dramatic princess (who actually seemed like a real person in TP instead of a symbol), loved the graphics, loved the game. 

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 14, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
Ww was awesome

Tp was awesome.

Zelda games are awesome

/thread
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 14, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
You don't miss the best 3D Zelda game ever?

Delimited the statement because 3D Zelda is still inferior to 2D Zelda.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
 :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: :moonface: 
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 14, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't think that Zelda needs to change?

I don't think Zelda needs a huge overhaul or anything like that.  The core gameplay design of the series is the best for any game I've ever played.

I just felt that Twilight Princess, while a good game, was a little dull because they re-used so many elements from Ocarina of Time.  I really like the exploration element of Zelda but when I'm guessing what's come up before I get there (Lake Hylia is probably around here... and there it is) then Nintendo is playing things a little too safe.  I merely just wish they didn't think that stuff like having Ganon as the enemy (or being revealed as the TRUE enemy all along) or having the game take place in Hyrule and involve Zelda or the Triforce in some way is a requirement.  I like how in Link's Awakening, Link is just having an unrelated adventure that doesn't take place in Hyrule, doesn't involve the fate of the whole world, and doesn't feature Zelda, Ganon or the Triforce in any way.  It's just the further adventures of this guy named Link.

The original game, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess all essentially have the same exact story.  Do you want Sherlock Holmes to solve the same case every time?  No.  I like it when Link visits a new world because then I have no clue who I'm going to meet and what's around the corner.  That's what I'm looking for and if they do that along with the usual new ideas they incorporate into each Zelda, I'm satisfied.  I just don't need the standard Hyrule-Zelda-Triforce-Ganon story retold again.

And if it ends up just the same story with the same characters and same setting again but with waggle controls? UGH.  :(

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #357 on: December 14, 2009, 03:47:20 PM »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 14, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »
Twilight Princess is a fantastic GameCube game...

LOL @ :moonface: Mania
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
But a lackluster Wii game? :o

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 14, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
But a lackluster Wii game? :Q

I've only played a quick demo kiosk edition of the Wii one. But it was developed as a Gamecube game so I view it as a Gamecube game first and foremost.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »
It may have started as a GameCube game, but Nintendo made it clear that the Wii version is the main version (the definitive version, if you will).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »
It may have started as a GameCube game, but Nintendo made it clear that the Wii version is the main version (the definitive version, if you will).

I'm sure they tried hard to make the Wii version good too, but the GC version was extremely polished -- the GC controls, in particular, were darn near perfect.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »

In much the same way that RE4 Wii version in the definitive version.
GC game (PS2 extras) Wii controls

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2009, 07:55:01 PM »
I played it for GC on the Wii. (yes I bought the GC version over the Wii version)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:00:56 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
GameCube version is superior because of a left-handed Link.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 14, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »
Wii version is superior because of Wii's IR pointer controls for the Bow. Being able to shoot a flaming arrow out of the sky while on horseback is equivalent of shooting sickles and grenades tossed at you from the Ganados in RE4:WE.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 14, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »
If Link can't do it left-handed then it is no feat at all.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:26 PM »
pfft, whatevs dudette. Have fun playing with your ancient joysticks :P I'll be shooting **** with "pixel-perfect" aim in TEH FUTURE

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 14, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »
pfft, whatevs dudette. Have fun playing with your ancient joysticks :P I'll be shooting **** with "pixel-perfect" aim in TEH FUTURE

OTOH, you'll waggle when you walk!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »
I like the Wii version better but if I didn't buy the GC version, I wouldn't be able to still play it today.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »
Going back to the new Zelda...

I recently downloaded Zelda II and wow is it different from the original (seen it but never played it as a child) and I bet that at the time it came out, most people hated it. So far I'm liking it. Exploration, dungeons, combat, RP elements, magic, it's all there. What if the new Zelda was similar to this one (by that I mean more RPish)?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »
I bet that at the time it came out, most people hated it.

That is an understatement. There was a huge backlash against the game because it had almost nothing to do with the first game despite being called Zelda II. Super Mario Bros. 2 got a similar reaction (having almost nothing to do with its predecessor).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2009, 11:41:56 PM »
I hated the Zelda II. All teh side scrolling parts is what killed it for me.
Same with Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge, I was not feeling a lot of the side scrolling mission in that game.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »
So far Zelda II is a darn good different Zelda game and I'm sure thats what Nintendo is aiming for. Anyone else remember Miyamoto saying that TP was the "last Zelda of it's kind" or something along those lines?

I've made peace with the side scrolling in Zelda II, at first it was weird, but now that I'm at the 3rd palace, I love it.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading: