Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622820 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »
It's become readily apparent that the Zelda series must be destroyed along with this game industry.

To accelerate this change, the new Wii Zelda title will be called,

NEW LEGEND OF ZELDA PLUS: TWILIGHT TWINK

Link will be modeled after and fully voiced by the dude from Twilight, expanding Nintendo's audience even further.

Link will sport all-new biting and sucking mechanics, as he now transforms into a VAMPYRE WOLFBAT, who gets walked around town by the living Master Sword Girl who has Link on a leash at all times.  Link no longer has a Master Sword to swing, so he must do battle with evil using his teeth and other acquired powers.

Wii Zelda takes a cue from the DS Zeldas' note-taking featuring, allowing Link to mark his territory so you can easily re-identify things and places of interest.

Link visually doesn't transform into a WOLFBAT, the Twighlight guy 3D model will simply get on all-fours and go about his business.

Pre-order Now.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »
castlevania was ahead of the game with emo vampires
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »
Crapplevania doesn't have celebrity tie-ins like this new Zelda does.  It only catered to the emo manchildren.

Nintendo is an AND company, and will bring in all those young females that like to scratch themselves on the neck.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
If your going to praise Link's Awakening and Link to the Past, then Takashi Tezuka is the man you need to be praising.  Tezuka was the director of both of those games and resposible for the actual design and gameplay.  Not to mention Tezuka was a producer on both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.  It also turns out he was a producer on Wind Waker as well and a supervisor for Twilight Princess.

Hmm, so what's he doing now?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »
Crapplevania doesn't have celebrity tie-ins like this new Zelda does.  It only catered to the emo manchildren.

Nintendo is an AND company, and will bring in all those young females that like to scratch themselves on the neck.

I don't want to play Wii with those girls...they scare me.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2009, 12:37:43 AM »
If your going to praise Link's Awakening and Link to the Past, then Takashi Tezuka is the man you need to be praising.  Tezuka was the director of both of those games and resposible for the actual design and gameplay.  Not to mention Tezuka was a producer on both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.  It also turns out he was a producer on Wind Waker as well and a supervisor for Twilight Princess.

I looked on Wikipedia but it doesn't list any current works, but the entry was an eye-opener:
His work extends far back to Devil World on which he took on the role of Director. Later, he directed or co-directed games such as the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2, The Legend of Zelda (also Graphic Designer), Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Yoshi's Island and Super Mario 64. He was also Supervisor to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and has served as either Producer, Director, Designer or Supervisor in all major Mario games, including New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy as well as outsourced projects like Yoshi's Island DS (developed by Artoon). He also worked on the Animal Crossing series as Producer and in the Pikmin series as Producer and Progress Manager. He was also Advisor of the Japan-only Game Boy Advance title, Sakura Momoko no Ukiuki Carnival.

Tezuka's wife was the inspiration for the Boo, a ghost-like enemy in the Mario series. Like Boos, she is often shy but one day became very angry at him for spending too much time at work.

Wow...now here is my true video game hero.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2009, 12:46:04 AM »
Tezuka's wife was the inspiration for the Boo, a ghost-like enemy in the Mario series. Like Boos, she is often shy but one day became very angry at him for spending too much time at work.

So I take it he was afraid to turn his back on her and often sleeps with one eye open(especially after she discovers the inspiration behind the Boo's)?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »
So Tezuka is like Jerry Seinfeld while Miyamoto is like Larry David?

Sweet.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »

He probably played a big role in New Super Mario Bros Wii.  For New Super Mario Bros DS he was the General Producer and pretty much had to train a whole team of rookie employee's since the veterans were busy working on Mario Galaxy.

This is why the DS version was very basic because it was pretty much Tezuka teaching people how to make a Mario game.  Since the team got good experience off the DS version, this is why New Super Mario Bros Wii is a much better game.

Since Tezuka was the one who trained this new Mario team, I imagine he was working on NSMBW as well in order to see how far his students had come.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
So Tezuka San is quite possibly involved in the new Zelda. That is an exciting possibility considering his previous work in the series. Hopefully he and Koizumi are working in this one.
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »
Working on Zelda "not very good" nowadays.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2009, 07:55:23 PM »
It's become readily apparent that the Zelda series must be destroyed along with this game industry.

To accelerate this change, the new Wii Zelda title will be called,

NEW LEGEND OF ZELDA PLUS: TWILIGHT TWINK

Link will be modeled after and fully voiced by the dude from Twilight, expanding Nintendo's audience even further.

Link will sport all-new biting and sucking mechanics, as he now transforms into a VAMPYRE WOLFBAT, who gets walked around town by the living Master Sword Girl who has Link on a leash at all times.  Link no longer has a Master Sword to swing, so he must do battle with evil using his teeth and other acquired powers.

Wii Zelda takes a cue from the DS Zeldas' note-taking featuring, allowing Link to mark his territory so you can easily re-identify things and places of interest.

Link visually doesn't transform into a WOLFBAT, the Twighlight guy 3D model will simply get on all-fours and go about his business.

Pre-order Now.

i already made this joke in the fake rumour thread!

I don't want to play Wii with those girls...they scare me.

it's okay, GP's gone.

too soon?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2009, 09:25:30 PM »
GP left? When?

Also, replace Tezuka with Iizuka and he becomes the forefather for everything wrong with Sonic.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2009, 09:32:05 PM »
GP left? When?

Also, replace Tezuka with Iizuka and he becomes the forefather for everything wrong with Sonic.

Today, sorta...

check the general chat thread
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »
I was thinking about this for a while now. Would flight not be an awesome and game playing addition to the Zelda series? And not just getting carried by the owls and such. But a real winged Link, or riding some kind of eagle/owl or any other mythical creature.

As far as getting from one place to another I think that would be amazing!

Now read this from www.n-europe.com

"The last few weeks have been rife with tidbits about the secretive next Zelda title, currently in development for Wii. The game will utilise MotionPlus and apparently differ from the usual structure of a Zelda title.

But perhaps even more intriguing is this comment from Zelda series director Eiji Aonuma on Link's method of transport for the upcoming game. Talking to The Guardian, he commented:

"I have an eight-year-old son myself at home, and quite recently he started playing Phantom Hourglass for DS, because when the software first hit the market he was too young. When he started playing with the boat, I told him: 'In the next Zelda, you are going to be able to ride on the train.' He answered: 'OK, Dad, first boat, and then train? Surely next time, Link is going to fly in the sky ... '"

At this point Aonuma paused, grining saying: "I just don't know. If many people make many speculations ... some of them might be correct. Right now, I have to refrain from commenting on anything."'

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13703
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »
caterkiller that might as well be a kid icarus game!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
Well I was thinking in the over world Llink would be able to use what ever ability to fly. Not in dungeons and towns of course, just a means  of travel, fighting and puzzle solving in the main hub. If he rode on top of some animal I think that would be perfect.

Man does no one here care that Aonuma himself hinted at the possibility of flight in our next Zelda?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:49:44 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Monteblanco

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »
Link already did some flight related moves in Twilight Princess, such as being thrown by cannons, riding condors like birds and even parachuting with chickens. I would bet the new mechanic would be some ballooning replacing the cannons.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
Well I was thinking in the over world Llink would be able to use what ever ability to fly. Not in dungeons and towns of course, just a means  of travel, fighting and puzzle solving in the main hub. If he rode on top of some animal I think that would be perfect.

Man does no one here care that Aonuma himself hinted at the possibility of flight in our next Zelda?

Cater...I think there is something you should read.

Why Zelda will probably be the best game ever -- Part 1

Why Zelda will probably be the best game ever -- Part 2

These are two posts I wrote on another forum detailing why I thought the next Zelda will potentially be the best one yet. Interestingly enough, in Part 2, I mention the ability to fly.

Check em' out when you're bored.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »
Thank you Kashogi, and Monteblanco those things don't count at all. Those things are on rails, parashuting, or nothing all together(cannons). What Aonuma is probably hinting at is a full blown gameplay mechanic which allows freedom in travel. How could anyone think those other things count as flight and Aonuma is mentioning more of that is just beyond me.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2009, 01:49:55 PM »
Your talking about an Epona in the sky?

That's exactly what I was thinking, although I think it should be a slender dragon like those in Chinese and Japanese myths.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »
A Pegasus creature could fit the bill as well.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »
God of War II already did that almost 3 years ago...

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
As long as I don't have to change the direction of the wind.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2009, 02:43:10 AM »
Just waggle to make the wings flap.