Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 951233 times)

Offline ThePerm

• Hoochie mama!
  • Score: 60
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #6050 on: January 11, 2019, 11:59:38 PM »
Aquaman - Some of the best action scenes ever at the beginning of the movie, followed by cliche Quest to be the Chosen  One stuff, followed by a jizzing of undersea battle cgi.

I give it an 8. I enjoy all that ****.

Quoting BlackNMild2k1
"After Aquaman references Pinocchio and they do the in the whale mouth scene, 10 minutes later, Mera is a fountain enteraining some kid with a water show, the kid runs to her parents to get their attention, and then for seemingly no reason whatsoever, she comes back to Mera and hands her the book for Pinocchio, which she then reads and a jab a millenials joke takes place"

Yes! That must be what I missed when I went to the bathroom. Good. My friend went to the bathroom at an earlier non important moment(When patrick wilson is talking to a storm trooper power rangers style). When Mera started eating flowers i knew I had a chance. I was pretty sure they'd get attacked shortly after they got to Sicily. But I knew I was about to hit a goofy moment. Timed it just right.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:08:45 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• by day. BlackNWild by night!
  • Score: 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: January 12, 2019, 09:51:58 AM »
FYI the millenials joke was "oh that was based on a book!? I've only seen the movie..."[/paraphrasing]

Hopefully the sequel is better, same with Wonder Woman.
They were both enjoyable movies, so I hope the DCEU continues to recover, and hopefully they can use this success to spend time developing characters other than Batman and Superman, and also create some fun, enjoyable and profitable movies going forward.

Offline ThePerm

• Hoochie mama!
  • Score: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: January 12, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »
Well spring boarding off of Aquaman and Wonder Women all they have to really do is their homework and make standalone movies.

The Snyder movies were bogged down in useless exposition that would better fit in a Standalone movie. Part of the reason the Marvel Movies work so well is there was exposition initially. The exposition was the individual movies.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• Some cunning linguist to help you distinguish what is proper English
  • Score: 69
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6053 on: January 13, 2019, 08:25:38 AM »
I saw Aquaman yesterday.  It was surprisingly good.  I still haven't seen Justice League, so this was my intro to the DCEU version of him.  I felt like it was filled almost to the brim with cheesy movie tropes.  But almost all of them were great.  I kinda liked that Arthur had some knowledge about Atlantis, but not like a whole bunch.  Also, the money shot at the end with him jumping out of the water in full costume was just the best.  So dumb, but also the best.

7.5/10

I also saw Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.  This movie was amazing.  I loved almost everything about it.  Anime Spider-Girl was hilarious.  Everything Spider-Man Noir said was hilarious to me.  I also loved the scene where all the Spider-People turn into a big support group.  I thought it was great that the movie let the impact of the tragedy scene linger for a while instead of just moving on.  I feel like a lot of movies do that.  Spider-Man is a pretty tragic character, and I'm glad the movie really played that up.  I was worried Spider-Pig would be annoying, but he was in it just enough to be funny.  I was also fairly surprised by the one scientist lady turning out to be that universe's Doctor Octopus.  That felt pretty surprising. 

9.5/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Bowsette's Biggest Fan
  • Score: -9668
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: January 13, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »
Hold The Dark Netflix puts out a decent little movie once in a while. A very dark and ambiguous thriller, that zigs when you expect it to zag. If you liked True Detective, if you like the screenplays of Taylor Sheridan, you should check it out
Please join my petition to make le Bowzette a canon Mario character.

Offline nickmitch

• Some cunning linguist to help you distinguish what is proper English
  • Score: 69
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6055 on: January 20, 2019, 06:20:41 PM »
Vice

This one wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be.  Still pretty funny at times with a lot of things I never knew.  So many WTF moments.  Overall, I think it could've been better put together?  I dunno.  Definitely worth seeing.  Christian Bale nails it nearly as hard as the makeup artist.

7.5/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.