Author Topic: So nobody likes GameStop?  (Read 247515 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: So nobody likes GameStop?
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
I want a Nintendo Store in Seattle area. NoA is right here in the area so it only makes sense, right?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Well, Gamestop in general has managed to put itself in my bad graces today.  I had pre-ordered the Sega PS3 RPG Resonance of Fate, which supposedly released this week.   For the first time in a while, I had to deal with that whole "ship date/street date" BS that meant the game would be released on Wednesday.  Ok, fair enough but when I called them today they told me that they hadn't gotten the game in yet but to call back later.  I did this several times and was eventually told that the official word is that the game had been delayed a day, and that I'd be able to pick the game up tomorrow.  Ok, that screw-up's all on Sega, so fair enough given how utterly incompetent Sega's been with this release so far.  No sense complaining to the GS people about it.  Not an hour later, though, I received a text from GS telling me that my game would be arriving tonight, but when I called my GS again to verify I was told that they weren't getting it in.  Apparently the left hand had no ****ing idea what the right was doing, in the process jerking me around for a couple days.  Well, at least I didn't waste any gas driving out there, though they'd better get my game in tomorrow.   ::)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »
Looks like all of our Gamestop woes will be over soon:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/18/gamestop-rewards-program-launching-this-may-in-four-markets/

Can't wait to see what the actual prizes are.  I'm already foaming at the mouth....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2010, 10:40:13 PM »
Lame. Just another tracking card for marketing purposes. It'll probably even have an RFID tag in it so that the stores can instantly know who just entered the store and how likely they are to pre-order!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
You know, I went to a Wal-Mart the other day looking for Pokemon, and the employee there actually tried to convince me I should go to GameStop for my games over Wal-Mart, without any real reason why, except saying he knew employees there :/

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »
Target Employee: "nah dude, **** this place we got shitty games; wallmart has them forl ike 3 cents cheaper anyway, go there.

Wallmart Employee: "yeah its like 3 cents cheaper here but you'd be better off going to GameStop and get a used copy for 3 WHOLE DOLLARS less, used of course. Besides, they have this cute working there now, go check her out."

Gamestop Employee: "Hi would you like to pre-order anything today?"

You: "actually i came to pick up.."

Gamestop Employee: "PRE-ORDER OR GTFO"

Bestbuy Employee "no, sorry we don't have that game. Try target"

Circle of life
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
Simple answer: Amazon.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »
Yeah, with any niche title I couldn't find at Best Buy, Target, or Wal-Mart, I'd just get it cheaper at Amazon, and wait a few days.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »
Waiting a few days is a small price to pay when you consider the benefits: cheaper general price, larger selection, no tax, usually free shipping, save even more money by not wasting fuel in your car from driving to GameStop, save time (time=money, right?), etc, etc, etc.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:11 PM »
especially for people like me that peobably won't get around to playing a game on the first day I bough it anyway. Why spend the gas, time, energy and money(full price & tax) to go get it at the store when I can have it delivered to my house a few days later? \\

On Amazon, I could even use the money saved to have it shipped quicker, and in the case of pre-orders, use the savings to have it delivered on launch day.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2010, 08:12:55 AM »
Target Employee: "nah dude, **** this place we got ****ty games; wallmart has them forl ike 3 cents cheaper anyway, go there.

Wallmart Employee: "yeah its like 3 cents cheaper here but you'd be better off going to GameStop and get a used copy for 3 WHOLE DOLLARS less, used of course. Besides, they have this cute working there now, go check her out."

Gamestop Employee: "Hi would you like to pre-order anything today?"

You: "actually i came to pick up.."

Gamestop Employee: "PRE-ORDER OR GTFO"

Bestbuy Employee "no, sorry we don't have that game. Try target"

Circle of life

You can bypass the circle of life by doing your **** online. That's why the internet was invented in the first place, so people wouldn't have to deal with life, lol. So go to Amazon or Overstock or wherever and you're good to go.
is your sanity...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »
Once I hear back from GS regarding my complaint, thats exactly what I plan to do. The only reason I go to retailers like Best Buy or Target (rarely go to Wallmart or GS) is because I'm usually in the area either way, so it's not a waste of gas/time/money.

For instance, the movie theatre I frequent is in the same building complex as Target. I'll go, get my tickets and have an hour to kill so my girlfriend and I end up walking around Target. If I'm in the mood for a new game, I'm already there so might as well right? Same goes for Best Buy, which is close to numerous restaurants. I either kill a few mins there if the wait is long or take a lap or two to walk off my meals. As for GS, again I just happened to be in the mall and remembered the pre-order so I figured, might as well while I'm here (instead of taking the 10 min drive after work the next day and using up my precious free time).

I'm in the same boat as BnM, I rarely play my games first day anyway so Amazon is looking better and better for me. I'm still hesitant about it; about spending more money than I should (because its so damn easy!) and package arrivals, but that doesn't have much to do with Amazon as it does my luck with parcels in general. I'm thinking of just having everythiing shipped to the business my girlfriends parents own, never had problems with that.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »
Did the GS employee end up being that cute? 
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
I wasn't being serious?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2010, 04:26:00 AM »

Naw, everybody knows all teh gamer babes work at Game Crazy ;)
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2010, 08:32:56 AM »

Naw, everybody knows all teh gamer babes work at Game Crazy ;)

No one works at Game Crazy anymore. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
Game Crazy is still around? Quite a few sprang up around here when the store chain was first founded, but ever since Hollywood Video went under, they've all closed up shop.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2010, 09:02:10 PM »
Hence why UncleBob said "no one works at Game Crazy anymore".
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 23, 2010, 04:30:45 AM »
They still exist. There's one in my area.
My Game Collection

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2010, 06:10:55 AM »
stores can instantly know who just entered the store and how likely they are to pre-order!

Oh, does that mean they'll know not to ask me about pre-orders?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2010, 06:38:58 AM »
No, they'll push them even more because you are an 'untapped market' waiting to be exploited reached. ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 24, 2010, 01:41:33 AM »
Simple answer: Amazon.

The new GameStop two blocks away hasn't opened yet, so $90 of April game purchases have just gone to Amazon via the affiliate link in TJ-Spyke's forum signature.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 24, 2010, 02:00:17 AM »
They still exist. There's one in my area.

They've closed (Well, officially, I think it's still open until the end of the month, but it's dead, Jim) my local GameCrazy. :(

Makes me sad.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2010, 04:16:28 AM »
I think the lot of us should open up our own game store. Between all of us, I'm sure we'd have more than enough games to stock it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2010, 04:31:50 AM »
Well just raid Unclebobs stash. ;)
I actually thought opening a gaming/coffee shop would be cool. Sell games, brew coffee and tea, have a gaming hall, lots of bagels (a must), throw in some billiards and chess boards along with a DDR machine plus some other arcade stuff and we are set. Maybe we could also offer a Rock Band karaoke night. There is a bar in Seattle that actually has that. Would be a cool attraction.

I just talked to a friend who got hired at Gamestop and I was badgering him about the Monster Hunter Pre-order fiasco. He said that GS left it up to each managers discretion what to do with the demo discs. He also said that it's not necessarily evil to work for GS but trying to work for GS corporate is like a Stormtrooper wanting to get transferred to the Death Star. LOL
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:34:50 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection