Author Topic: Excitebots:Trick Racing!  (Read 101139 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Excitebots:Trick Racing!
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
News ???

It appears you can buy Excitebots with a Wii Wheel and without.

with wheel $49.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9254139&st=Excitebots&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218069451838

or WITHOUT wheel $39.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9254157&st=excitebots&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1218069254759
Yeah I noticed that this morning.Target is going to have that price.And with that I'm going to watch the LOTR trilogy back to back on TNT.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »
Been watching it all day too.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »
News ???

It appears you can buy Excitebots with a Wii Wheel and without.

This was news like 3 weeks ago.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2009, 03:34:45 PM »
What's the deal with the recent influx of usage of the word "moist"?
Blame the Funhouse/Plugabugz
I should have known. I didn't, but I should have.

Yes. But at least that game didn't add bug robots.  Also their are things launch games get away with that others don't. Like ExciteTruck it will be a good game, but it won't grab me and kiss my cheek.
If games grabbed me and kissed my cheeks i'd never need a girlfriend..
*slap*

..i'm not afraid to hit a birdo... plus blame DaaMaan64
Oh, don't you worry, he'll get his comeuppance. You however, had a chance to get on my good side, but now I'm not so sure...

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
I want to be able to build tracks for an ExciteBike-like game, not some generic game I've never even heard of.

You've never heard of it but you know it's generic? Trust me when I say there's nothing they could do with an Excitebots track builder that couldn't be done better in Trackmania.

Plus I can't stand playing games on a PC.

Get a gamepad.

Excitebots is one of the few games to actually try to innovate the entire racing genre and make something new and fresh

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »
You've never heard of it but you know it's generic? Trust me when I say there's nothing they could do with an Excitebots track builder that couldn't be done better in Trackmania.
It sounds generic. I don't care how in-depth the actual track-builder is if the gameplay isn't so great. Re-Volt has a more feature-full track creator than ExciteBike 64 but ExciteBike 64 has much better gameplay.

Plus I can't stand playing games on a PC.
Get a gamepad.
And I'd also need Windows XP and a bigger monitor and some better speakers and a couch and... It's more cost-effective to go with game systems.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »
It sounds generic.

Man and here I was thinking you were making baseless claims. You sure showed me.

And I'd also need Windows XP and a bigger monitor and some better speakers and a couch and... It's more cost-effective to go with game systems.

None of those are a necessity for playing games. Nice try though.

PS: Saying you need Windows XP suggests to me that you either have a Mac or a computer so damn old it's running Windows 98. If it's the former, meh. If it's the latter, then goddamn you're so overdue for an upgrade.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »
Well, getting away from Windows 9x is a good idea even if you only do text, email and browsing on the system because Win2k was just such a massive improvement in terms of stability.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2009, 01:47:54 PM »
Man and here I was thinking you were making baseless claims. You sure showed me.
I'm not going to play a game I have no interest in just to find out whether or not it is generic.

None of those are a necessity for playing games. Nice try though.
A gamepad isn't a necessity either. My point is that playing games on a PC is very uncomfortable, inconvenient, and a hassle. I don't want to be siting on a stiff office chair hunched over a desk with a giant lightbulb in my face whilst I play games. I already have a good setup for television gaming systems so it isn't worth it to improve my PC situation just for a few games not available on a television system.

Well, getting away from Windows 9x is a good idea even if you only do text, email and browsing on the system because Win2k was just such a massive improvement in terms of stability.
Windows '98 has served me well these past ten years and is still going strong. Considering the limited number of applications I use my PC for, I see no need to sink money into it until it is absolutely necessary. The only thing it struggles with is my video editing software, but that's not worth buying a new PC for.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
Mop_it_up, your posts make me giggle. The very fact that you're content to stick with an unsupported, DOS based system instantly makes your claims of discomfort that much less valid. An upgrade for you seems to have been "absolutely necessary" about a decade ago. Furthermore, a good office chair, much like a good couch, will not be stiff. Following that train of thought, a proper desk will keep you from being hunched over due to ergonomics if nothing else. Give up your consoles and cell phones and move to a real machine already! ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2009, 04:21:44 PM »
I have no interest in a game I know nothing about.

Cool story, bro.

My point is that playing games on a PC is very uncomfortable, inconvenient, and a hassle. I don't want to be siting on a stiff office chair hunched over a desk with a giant lightbulb in my face whilst I play games.

It's like you're really complaining about nothing. Uncomfortable office chairs? Giant lightbulbs? Come on.

Windows '98 has served me well these past ten years and is still going strong

Well that explains it. You don't want to admit that you're running an ancient and incredibly outdated OS (and I can imagine your PC probably has 128 MB of RAM or something), so you complain about EVERYTHING ELSE instead. oh noes i don't want to spend $200 on a computer that isn't a gigantic pile of fail so i better act like it's ZOMG UNPOSSIBLE to affordably fix the situation i put myself in
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2009, 04:30:25 PM »
While this talk about Windows 98vsXP is interesting it isn't really about Excitebots.

So who plans on getting it come Monday?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2009, 04:52:54 PM »
While this talk about Windows 98vsXP is interesting it isn't really about Excitebots.

Well, Excitebots isn't coming out for a few months so I think we can keep talking about the crappyness of Windows 98 :P.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »

Cool story, bro.

My point is that playing games on a PC is very uncomfortable, inconvenient, and a hassle. I don't want to be siting on a stiff office chair hunched over a desk with a giant lightbulb in my face whilst I play games.

It's like you're really complaining about nothing. Uncomfortable office chairs? Giant lightbulbs? Come on.

Windows '98 has served me well these past ten years and is still going strong

Well that explains it. You don't want to admit that you're running an ancient and incredibly outdated OS (and I can imagine your PC probably has 128 MB of RAM or something), so you complain about EVERYTHING ELSE instead. oh noes i don't want to spend $200 on a computer that isn't a gigantic pile of fail so i better act like it's ZOMG UNPOSSIBLE to affordably fix the situation i put myself in

I think I have to bust out this picture again.

No. I'm going to instead rent it (for free) and play the living hell out of it with my brother next weekend. I'll post some impressions.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
Yeah I still play and love Excite Trucks so Im not entirely sure if there's enough new here to keep me satisfied...the $40 price point is nice though...the thing is, I don't really play online, I much prefer local multi so I'm not sure if this is worth the purchase.  It looks pretty awesome though.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »
I wasn't planning on getting this but I recently got an unexpected $30 GameStop gift card and this is high on the list of what I might spend it on.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
Cool story, bro.
I read some reviews of it but apparently that's not enough to know anything about it.

Maybe comfort and convenience aren't important to you, but they are very important to me and some of the reasons why I don't like playing games on a PC.

You don't want to admit that you're running an ancient and incredibly outdated OS (and I can imagine your PC probably has 128 MB of RAM or something), so you complain about EVERYTHING ELSE instead.
I never said my computer wasn't old and outdated, I simply said I have no need for a new computer. All I really need from it is the Internet, which it can still handle just fine. Windows '98 isn't a big resource hog so it doesn't need much RAM to operate anyway, though it has 440MB of RAM in it.

Give up your consoles and cell phones and move to a real machine already! ;)
I don't want a real machine, I want a fun machine. That's called a Wii. :)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »
Give up your consoles and cell phones and move to a real machine already! ;)
I don't want a real machine, I want a fun machine. That's called a Wii. :)

Wrong:

NINTENDO SIXTY-FOUUUUUUR
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2009, 07:39:51 PM »

I want to, but I don't have enough cash. It was between Excitebots and the Klonoa remake. However, once I can find the funds, I'll be picking this up. All the video previews make the game seem like it's so much fun. I love that it seems so different then other racers out there.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
You don't want to admit that you're running an ancient and incredibly outdated OS (and I can imagine your PC probably has 128 MB of RAM or something), so you complain about EVERYTHING ELSE instead.
I never said my computer wasn't old and outdated, I simply said I have no need for a new computer. All I really need from it is the Internet, which it can still handle just fine. Windows '98 isn't a big resource hog so it doesn't need much RAM to operate anyway, though it has 440MB of RAM in it.

Actually, if the internet is all you use your computer for then you really are in need of an upgrade. Windows 98 is no longer supported by Microsoft (or anyone for that matter) and thus does not recieve security updates. You put yourself and your information at risk by actively using such a system. Besides, a nice gaming PC is the most convenient thing in the world to have. Just think of never having to plug in controllers or swap discs in and out. It's nice, trust me. ;)

Anyway... I'm going to purchase ExciteBots in the coming days. I really enjoyed ExciteTruck and only ever gave up on it due to the poorly implemented slip-screen multiplayer (vertical instead of horizontal split, really Nintendo, really?). It is kind of disappointing that my WiiSpeak will continue to go unused in yet another game however.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »
I watched the video that's on the Nintendo Channel, and although it doesn't show much it makes this game look pretty crazy. It looks like you can constantly pull tricks off everything throughout the race, and I'm not sure if I like that. I'll have to read up some more on this game before I can make a decision.

NINTENDO SIXTY-FOUUUUUUR
Oh good mop, that was one of the worst Internet fads I have ever witnessed. That video wasn't even funny. Did you know that kid sold his Nintendo 64 for $1,000? Who's laughing now?

Actually, if the internet is all you use your computer for then you really are in need of an upgrade. Windows 98 is no longer supported by Microsoft (or anyone for that matter) and thus does not recieve security updates. You put yourself and your information at risk by actively using such a system.
I don't know what Windows updates could do that can't be accomplished by FireFox add-ons or programs like SpyBot. Then again, I don't know anything about computers, and frankly, I don't want to know.

Besides, a nice gaming PC is the most convenient thing in the world to have. Just think of never having to plug in controllers or swap discs in and out. It's nice, trust me. ;)
Besides not wanting to sink money into one, I also don't want to take the time to learn how to use a PC, with all of its installations, updates, bug fixes, and whatever else pops up out of nowhere. I don't care how "easy" it is, I simply do not want to be bothered with a PC, why is that so difficult to understand? I know it's great and all but it isn't for me.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »
Just think of never having to plug in controllers

Controllers are wireless these days chief ;)
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »
NINTENDO SIXTY-FOUUUUUUR
Oh good mop, that was one of the worst Internet fads I have ever witnessed. That video wasn't even funny. Did you know that kid sold his Nintendo 64 for $1,000? Who's laughing now?

geez, touchy touchy... You act like i was insulting you.

1. it wasn't that funny, but some of the "remixes" were ;)
2. i did know that, and also that home video was used (edit of course) as a BMW commercial.
3. me, because you took a simple reference to N64, the system known as "the fun machine"" on many Nintendo ads, as some sort of attack.

Calm down buddy, leave me out of your beef with any other posters here.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »
I'm sorry EasyCure, I just cringe whenever I see that. It was a very annoying fad, but it's the fad that's insulting, not you. I'm glad to see someone even remembers one of the Nintendo 64's slogans as the system sort of has what I believe is an undeserved bad rep.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:43 AM »
I'm sorry EasyCure, I just cringe whenever I see that. It was a very annoying fad, but it's the fad that's insulting, not you. I'm glad to see someone even remembers one of the Nintendo 64's slogans as the system sort of has what I believe is an undeserved bad rep.

Wii is a close second behind the N64 to me, but because of how different my life is now, Wii is more fun in a different way so its hard to really gauge where it'd be if i was a kid again.

SNES had some awesome games, but it was mostly a single player system for me.

N64 had the best fucking multiplayer games EVER and theres nothing anyone can say that'll change that fact. If i could go back to middle school and relive those days of hanging out with all my friends and playing some Goldeneye or Bomberman64 (etc etc etc) until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore, i'd be there in a heart beat.

GC was another good solo system for me, but its still too recent of a console to gauge where it'd sit among the others. I probably have more games for it than my SNES but there are still some i've yet to finish lol.

I digress though. Point is the N64 will always lovingly be known as "the fun machine" which is such a perfect title for it.

Back on topic, does EB:TR come out today? I'm already having a crappy day at work and thinking about calling out tomorrow just because, so i might end up picking this game up and playing it into the night. I'll post my FC up if thats the case, though i might have trouble getting online initially..