Author Topic: The Forums Stats Thread that Mop it up and Stratos Abandoned  (Read 190083 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
GodDAMN it Princess Margaret should've married Townsend!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Who should've done what now?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Those names sound so familiar...do I know what you are talking about? It feels like I should. Townsend...Townsend...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Townsend as in pete?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
All right, since M&M's Kart Racing doesn't have its own topic for some reason, I guess I'll post this here.

As I posted a month ago, I received M&M's Kart Racing for Christmas from my sister. I played it the other day, and to sum up the game in one word: UGH.

I’m not even going to pretend that I'm a choosy gamer. I’m probably one of the most happy-go-lucky gamers in the world. When I play a game, I focus on what I like about it and try to ignore what I don’t like. If a game has flaws I try not to think about them and enjoy what the game got right. I also have a wide variety of tastes; the only two categories I don’t like much are fighting and sports. It’s pretty easy for me to enjoy a game.

So for ME to claim that a game is terrible, it has to be REALLY bad. It has to go beyond where "bad" is enough of a descriptor, and other words are necessary, like "abysmal." That's M&M's Kart Racing for you.

It's all over with now though (yes I played through the whole game. It took an hour). I have just one question: what do I tell my sister? Should I be honest and express how bad it is? Or, should I try to think of something vague to say, which isn't a lie but sounds like it could possibly be positive?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
It's the darndest thing, I set it down next to my N64 collection and haven't been able to find it
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
It's all over with now though (yes I played through the whole game. It took an hour). I have just one question: what do I tell my sister? Should I be honest and express how bad it is? Or, should I try to think of something vague to say, which isn't a lie but sounds like it could possibly be positive?
Assuming the game has multiplayer you should invite your sister to play with you so she can be the one to bring up how bad the game is.  Then at least you can laugh about it together.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
forget that. Take it to Gamestop and have them re-shrink wrap it for you. Then gift it back to her so she can see how it feels to receive a lump of coal.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:17:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Lol winning comment right above mine.

I'd do what vudu suggested though. She'll appreciate that you put up with it, and you'll laugh about it togeter once she experience s it for herself.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Unless she actually enjoys it.  Then what?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
That's a good idea in theory Vudu, but...

This is definitely a possibility. Remember, she's the one who bought it...

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
That's a good idea in theory Vudu, but...

This is definitely a possibility. Remember, she's the one who bought it...

Well if she enjoys it, so what?  You can play it with her when she wants to play?  Unless she secretly spies on your gaming tendencies, no reason for you to play it without her.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
If she wants to play it then she can do so on her own time, I'm not going to play a game I don't like.

The original question is simply "What do I tell her?" Do I be honest and say I don't like it, or do I say something ambiguous? She's already asked about it which is why I played it in the first place, because I can't say "I haven't gotten to it yet" forever.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Cheers has the absolute best theme song of any TV show ever, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
You wouldn't hit a girl, would you?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
No, I'd have to do something else, like ruin your credit score or something.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
The original question is simply "What do I tell her?" Do I be honest and say I don't like it, or do I say something ambiguous? She's already asked about it which is why I played it in the first place, because I can't say "I haven't gotten to it yet" forever.
We can't decide for you, but consider this--there are 2 other M & Ms-branded Wii games.  If you don't tell her the truth you risk getting those as future presents.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
More Winning Advice from BNM:
You should take the game and break it into 1000 pieces. Then you should cover each broken piece in a rich candy coated chocolate shell. Put all your candy coated pieces in a bowl and serve them to her with a smile. After she chews on it, realizes that it's not what she thought it was and ask "why would you do this to me?", you just tell her that you wanted her to enjoy the game as much as you did. Then offer her another piece.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
We can't decide for you, but consider this--there are 2 other M & Ms-branded Wii games.  If you don't tell her the truth you risk getting those as future presents.
I don't think I have to worry about that, as the reason she bought it is because I like Mario Kart. Then again, I can imagine her getting me M&M's Beach Party and saying "I know how much you like the beach."  :-\

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Top 10 Posters                       
KDR_11k                               17985
NinGurl69 *huggles                17079
Bill Aurion                              15463
vudu                                        12736
Kairon                                     12314
GoldenPhoenix                       12142
BlackNMild2k1                      11722
EasyCure                                 10709
ShyGuy²                                  9821
Ian Sane                                  8975

Top 10 Boards           
Nintendo Console Discussion             217443
TalkBack                                             91395
The Boring Funhouse                          70491
General Chat                                       66940
General Gaming                                  50302
Nintendo Handheld Discussion          35275
NWR Discussion                                6784
NWR Mafia Games                            6344
Staff Blog                                           5576
Matchmaking & Smack Talk              4486

Top 10 Topics (byReplies)   
Official Wii Sales Thread                                                                               5658
Official Avatar Discussion                                                                             4058
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anythingthread                         4020
Official DS Sales Thread                                                                                3251
Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread                                                     3192
Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion                                                           3157
Sony getting hit Hard lately                                                                           2924
LOZ: 2005                                                                                                      2761
Animal Crossing: City Folk                                                                            2729
The Conduit                                                                                                    2584

Top 10 Topics (by Views)
Official Wii Sales Thread                                                                               121894
Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread                                                     82988
Official Avatar Discussion                                                                             70940
The Conduit                                                                                                    66125
Animal Crossing: City Folk                                                                            64286
"Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to theInternet Thread              55564
Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion                                                           52680
Sony getting hit Hard lately                                                                           52095
Amazing Deals!                                                                                              51978
Official DS Sales Thread                                                                                49077

Top Topic Starters               
WindyMan                              1375
Jonnyboy117                           1213
TheYoungerPlumber               770
UncleBob                                710
NWR_pap64                           617
Bloodworth                             568
NWR_Neal                             434
Nick DiMola                           429
Flames_of_chaos                    411
S-U-P-E-R                              411

Most Time Online
insanolord                   468d 10h 35m
Maxi                            182d 2h 3m
Zap                              116d 10h 39m
GoldenPhoenix           100d12h 12m
Yoshidious                  74d8h 20m
BlackNMild2k1          73d9h 58m
EasyCure                     67d13h 41m
stevey                          67d 7h 54m
NinGurl69 *huggles    62d5h 7m
Mop_it_up                  60d6h 7m

I wonder if the new Zelda Wii thread will get into the top 10 like it's predecessor.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:02:10 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Top 10 Posters                       
KDR_11k                               17985
NinGurl69 *huggles                17079
Bill Aurion                              15463
vudu                                        12736
Kairon                                     12314
GoldenPhoenix                       12142
BlackNMild2k1                      11722
EasyCure                                 10709
ShyGuy²                                  9821
Ian Sane                                  8975

Top 10 Boards           
Nintendo Console Discussion             217443
TalkBack                                             91395
The Boring Funhouse                          70491
General Chat                                       66940
General Gaming                                  50302
Nintendo Handheld Discussion          35275
NWR Discussion                                6784
NWR Mafia Games                            6344
Staff Blog                                           5576
Matchmaking & Smack Talk              4486

Top 10 Topics (byReplies)   
Official Wii Sales Thread                                                                               5658
Official Avatar Discussion                                                                             4058
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anythingthread                         4020
Official DS Sales Thread                                                                                3251
Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread                                                     3192
Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion                                                           3157
Sony getting hit Hard lately                                                                           2924
LOZ: 2005                                                                                                      2761
Animal Crossing: City Folk                                                                            2729
The Conduit                                                                                                    2584

Top 10 Topics (by Views)
Official Wii Sales Thread                                                                               121894
Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread                                                     82988
Official Avatar Discussion                                                                             70940
The Conduit                                                                                                    66125
Animal Crossing: City Folk                                                                            64286
"Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to theInternet Thread              55564
Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion                                                           52680
Sony getting hit Hard lately                                                                           52095
Amazing Deals!                                                                                              51978
Official DS Sales Thread                                                                                49077

Top Topic Starters               
WindyMan                              1375
Jonnyboy117                           1213
TheYoungerPlumber               770
UncleBob                                710
NWR_pap64                           617
Bloodworth                             568
NWR_Neal                             434
Nick DiMola                           429
Flames_of_chaos                    411
S-U-P-E-R                              411

Most Time Online
insanolord                   468d 10h 35m
Maxi                            182d 2h 3m
Zap                              116d 10h 39m
GoldenPhoenix           100d12h 12m
Yoshidious                  74d8h 20m
BlackNMild2k1          73d9h 58m
EasyCure                     67d13h 41m
stevey                          67d 7h 54m
NinGurl69 *huggles    62d5h 7m
Mop_it_up                  60d6h 7m

I wonder if the new Zelda Wii thread will get into the top 10 like it's predecessor.

Ian has 25 more posts till he hits 9000 posts. I am probably the closest behind him. I think I need 700 or so to reach 9000.

Animal Crossing:City Folk will probably beat Zelda 2005 soon.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:13:52 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Drat, I was hoping that you'd forget about this.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Re: Mop_it_up & Stratos' Rail-less Thread With Stats for 1/30-1st of teh decade!
« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
I think Google is harassing me.
Here is a word that was given as a verification code:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Internet%20Cache/GoogleFoul.jpg

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Mop_it_up & Stratos' Rail-less Thread With Stats for 1/30-1st of teh decade!
« Reply #624 on: February 28, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »
??? Um...
My Game Collection