Linked Events

• RE Darkside Chronicles release: November 17, 2009

Author Topic: Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles  (Read 109398 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Upcoming Resident Evil game for Wii thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »
They could bring both the Zero and 1 Wii ports in one convenient (and hopefully cheaper) package.

That would be cool, but not enough to make fans "very very happy".
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 06:47:30 PM »
Can I get empty platitudes from Konami and Namco, too?  I mean I've already got some from EA and UBISoft.  I just want my collection to be complete.

While you may be able to argue that there is sufficient reason to get excited simply because Wii being #1 will ensure increasing support, Wii owners have been burned over and over and over this generation thanks to these promises.  There is little reason to believe this won't be another spin-off with strings attached or another "test," particularly from the one company that has made trolling the Wii audience an art form this generation.

But I suppose I can't be completely cynical, yet I won't be surprised when it turns sour.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 06:51:28 PM »
ALL promises, even those from Nintendo, should be taken with a grain of salt.

This is all PR talk. PR talk is used in order to gain more hype, attention from the media and hopefully catch the fan's support and wallet.

Remember when Reggie said that E3 2008 would be their best show yet? Weeks later they had to apologize for it.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 06:59:34 PM »
Well, Reggie said that. Nintendo (I think) DIDN'T say that, that was Reggie through and through. I think Nintendo learned their lesson and might now be keeping Reggie's mouth zipped, because we haven't heard from him in a long time.

This is really a good thing though.

While you may be able to argue that there is sufficient reason to get excited simply because Wii being #1 will ensure increasing support, Wii owners have been burned over and over and over this generation thanks to these promises.  There is little reason to believe this won't be another spin-off with strings attached or another "test," particularly from the one company that has made trolling the Wii audience an art form this generation.
Read: we aren't really suffering. Publishers are throwing money away to cater to the HD crowd, and that's hurting them more then helping them.

Karma is like that. Burn Wii owners, get burned in the process.

See my comments of wanting Ubi's BG&E2 failing in the Red Steel 2 thread. As Ubi will learn, we Nintendo fans don't put up with BS like that.

Unless you are Ian Sane, which must make him giddy like a school girl if anything anti-Nintendo is made. Until Pro Daisy makes a more humorous and not-full-of-crap post.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »
Well with Capcom bringing their biggest Japanese franchise, Monster Hunt 3 to Wii there is at least precedent to be hopeful. Not to mention the string of great 3rd party games already released or soon to be released there is lots of reason to be somewhat optimistic. It is funny how people focus on the negative aspects of third party support and not the great support that we ARE getting that is actually getting better as time goes on thanks to publishers like Sega and yes even Capcom to an extent.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:31:55 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 09:20:03 PM »
Well with Capcom bringing their biggest Japanese franchise, Monster Hunt 3 to Wii there is at least precedent to be hopeful. Not to mention the string of great 3rd party games already released or soon to be released there is lots of reason to be somewhat optimistic. It is funny how people focus on the negative aspects of third party support and not the great support that we ARE getting that is actually getting better as time goes on thanks to publishers like Sega and yes even Capcom to an extent.

I'm not doubting Capcom. I'm just being careful and not letting my hopes run wild and not putting faith on PR talk.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 09:33:01 PM »

I'm not doubting Capcom. I'm just being careful and not letting my hopes run wild and not putting faith on PR talk.

A very wise move for all of us to heed considering how the 'Dead Space-Rail Shooter-WTF' fiasco went down. Though I will laugh maniacally if it is another rail shooter.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »
After the Dead Space fiasco, I'm treating this as Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Raving Zombiezzz Minigame Spectacular (blast zombies with your butt!) until Capcom says otherwise.  If I start actually hoping for something good and it doesn't turn out to be...

1.  A complete remake of Resident Evil 2

And/Or

2.  A Resident Evil 4 Wii-ized port of Resident Evil 5

...that would put me in a bad mood for days.  Wii 3rd parties have yanked my chain so many times on these lame franchise spin-offs that it's hard to care anymore when a company says they have something for "us" in development, because only maybe 1/10 times does it turn out to be anything worthwhile.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:41:45 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 09:43:37 PM »
After the Dead Space fiasco, I'm treating this as Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Raving Zombiezzz Minigame Spectacular (blast zombies with your butt!) until Capcom says otherwise.  If I start actually hoping for something good and it doesn't turn out to be...

And/Or

...that would put me in a bad mood for days.  Wii 3rd parties have yanked my chain so many times on these lame franchise spin-offs that it's hard to care anymore when a company says they have something for "us" in development, because only maybe 1/10 times does it turn out to be anything worthwhile.

Don't forget option 3: A completely new RE game in the style of RE4/5. That would be nice as well. It would make me 'very, very happy'.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »
Its amazing how ONE game announcement can affect every other announcement.

I mean, if EA hadn't said anything about Dead Space on Wii UC 2 would have been announced and people would've been happy. But now, every time a company announces a game the first thing people say is "It will be a crappy on rails shooter".

That's why I think Capcom should be careful when they say "gamers will be very very happy" because even the smallest thing can make the fanbase ass-plode with anger. Not to mention that people are still pissed over Dead Rising Wii.

Not to mention that time in which one of Capcom's PR people tried to blame gamers for Okami and Zack and Wiki not being profitable enough.

Once more, Capcom is walking a fine line.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

And/Or

Don't forget option 3: A completely new RE game in the style of RE4/5. That would be nice as well. It would make me 'very, very happy'.

Indeed, but this is Capcom we're talking about.  Wishing for a brand-new, tailored-for-Wii-audiences AAA Resident Evil title is wishing for the stars.  It's not going to happen...at least not until they've sucked every last penny out of us they can rehashing stuff they've already made.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do.  But this is Capcom we're talking about.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 09:53:36 PM »
Its amazing how ONE game announcement can affect every other announcement.

I mean, if EA hadn't said anything about Dead Space on Wii UC 2 would have been announced and people would've been happy. But now, every time a company announces a game the first thing people say is "It will be a crappy on rails shooter".

That's why I think Capcom should be careful when they say "gamers will be very very happy" because even the smallest thing can make the fanbase ass-plode with anger. Not to mention that people are still pissed over Dead Rising Wii.

Not to mention that time in which one of Capcom's PR people tried to blame gamers for Okami and Zack and Wiki not being profitable enough.

Once more, Capcom is walking a fine line.

For the record, I actually liked Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.  It felt like the original Resident Evil games...just on rails.  But as much as I liked Umbrella Chronicles, Capcom only gets to do that once.  From here on out, when they're releasing the likes of Resident Evil 5 with all the AAA production values and effort on PS3 and Xbox 360 and releasing crap like Chop Till you Drop on Wii, they don't get to release another of these wacky side projects on Wii until they give us a real Resident Evil title in the mold of RE4 Wii.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
You know what I would consider an announcement that would make gamers very, very happy?

Remember back in 2001 when Capcom announced the RE 1 remake would be GC exclusive, and all the RE titles would be on the GC? If this new announcement is anything like that then that would be pretty epic.

But not holding my breath.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »
You know what I would consider an announcement that would make gamers very, very happy?

Remember back in 2001 when Capcom announced the RE 1 remake would be GC exclusive, and all the RE titles would be on the GC? If this new announcement is anything like that then that would be pretty epic.

But not holding my breath.

Hell, remember the Capcom 5, all of which were supposed to be GameCube-exclusive and in the end 1 was canceled (Dead Phoenix); 3 were ported to PS2 (RE4, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe); and only P.N.03 was left exclusive to GameCube? And of the ports, RE4 and Viewtiful Joe got new then-exclusive content on the PS2 versions.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
People seem to forget one thing; Capcom has NEVER been about exclusives. Even when they promise a console "exclusive" years later they bring it to another console.

Remember the "Street Fighter II" debacle? First, the SNES had the port exclusive. Then the Genesis got its own version with new features. Then they released the updated game on SNES, then a Genesis version follow. It went on and on till Super Street Fighter II on both systems.

RE 1 was remade more than 4 times on its original release, including everything from a director's cut to a rumble version of the director's cut.

Even the NES games were ported to early computers if I am not mistaken!

This is why I believe that RE 5 will not be a console exclusive, and that this new Wii game will be a port or remake. Capcom is too greedy for them to ignore the chance to port one of their classic games over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I love Capcom, especially when they get it right. But they do have this annoying tendency of releasing the same game over and over again, and Wii owners should not feel bad for this.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 11:35:46 PM »
The new game will be....

Mario and Leon at the Zombie Olympics!
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 11:36:51 PM »
The new game will be....

No no no...

It will be Spyborgs: RE edition!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 11:47:55 PM »
The new game will be....

No no no...

Nah, Super S.T.A.R.S. Fighters: Turbo REmix Edition! (I would put HD in there, but we all know Nintendo's stance on HD, so the PS3 and Xbox 360 ports would have that in the title).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 06:01:14 AM »
The new game will be....

No no no...

Nah, Super S.T.A.R.S. Fighters: Turbo REmix Edition! (I would put HD in there, but we all know Nintendo's stance on HD, so the PS3 and Xbox 360 ports would have that in the title).

Super S.T.A.R.S. Fighters: Turbo REmix Edition: Extraction

Someone had to do it  ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
This is why I believe that RE 5 will not be a console exclusive, and that this new Wii game will be a port or remake. Capcom is too greedy for them to ignore the chance to port one of their classic games over and over again.
For the record, RE5 already isn't console exclusive since it's coming to both PS3 and 360. If you're hoping for a Wii port/remake, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Also, on-rails shooters aren't a bad thing. No one balked when Sega announced Overkill, reason being that the House of the Dead series is on-rails. It's exactly what people expected. I think people would have complained if it wasn't an on-rails shooter.The problem is when companies cocktease Wii owners by announcing that a particular franchise is coming to the Wii then switching genres or announcing a port/remake.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »
Breaking News:

Code Veronica Remake ??????????

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/08/rumor-capcom-to-announce-re-code-veronica-wii-make-march-12/

meh.

I did manage to enjoy CV but I never fell in love with the game. I really don't see a necessity to remake that game. I can still pop that into my Wii and play cube port (which I own) so I much rather have 2  (which I also own) remake however 2 remake would cooler since those graphics don't hold up as much and has much more interesting levels.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:15:08 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
It could be a new Veronica game as opposed to a remake. Though I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
My Game Collection

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »
Of all the Resident Evil games to remake, why Code Veronica?  It wasn't a bad game by any means, but it's nowhere near deserving of a remake over 2.  And unlike Resident Evil 2, Code Veronica is ALREADY in 3D with modeled environments.  And yeah, I assume it's a remake, because this is Capcom and they don't make "new" new games very often.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:27 PM »
Code Veronica was the real Resident Evil 4! It had zombies and puzzles!

Still, RE2 or Nemesis would have made more sense given how archaic they seem nowadays. Code Veronica on the other hand is only one generation old, and can even be played on the Wii via the GameCube port.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:53 PM »
Breaking News:

Code Veronica Remake ??????????

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/08/rumor-capcom-to-announce-re-code-veronica-wii-make-march-12/

meh.

I did manage to enjoy CV but I never fell in love with the game. I really don't see a necessity to remake that game. I can still pop that into my Wii and play cube port (which I own) so I much rather have 2  (which I also own) remake however 2 remake would cooler since those graphics don't hold up as much and has much more interesting levels.

That rumor has already been discussed in both this thread and the official rumor thread. Its one of the reasons why we've been question Capcom's claim that Wii fans will be "very, very" happy with this announcement.

Code Veronica remake doesn't sound THAT exciting, its one of the least popular entries in the series. Like I've said time and time again in order to make Wii owners very, very happy, they would have to announce an exclusive canon entry or a remake of Re 2. A CV remake or even UC 2 wouldn't be that exciting in terms of hype.

And Adrock, CAPCOM IS GREEDY. If they have to bastardize every single aspect of RE 5 in order to make it work on Wii they WILL do it. Case in point; Dead Rising.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer