Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 504779 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1875 on: April 01, 2015, 12:52:10 AM »
I finally get logged in, but the minute i click on my surveys, it logs me out again....

this **** is frustrating.
Boooooo @ Nintendo for once again being behind the technological curve and cheaping out on servers to handle web traffic.

and I forgot to mention that I've had trouble logging in for many many weeks now.
it would just do that loading sign forever, then I would have to close the log in popup and then refresh the page to see if it worked.
today it's just the worst it could possibly be.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:53:41 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 01, 2015, 01:03:34 AM »
I don't know why they are bothering with the surveys at this point. That's probably a big part of the problem is the network getting overloaded with all these survey answers.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 01, 2015, 02:00:11 AM »
Finally got the site kinda working.... just got Bayonetta 2 registered +60 coins.

working on The W101 now as well. that will be another +60

then I just have 15 more points to go to get to Platinum.

Just got Capt. Toad through.... W101 is still "buffering".

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:04:21 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 01, 2015, 02:05:24 AM »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:08:51 AM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 01, 2015, 02:16:47 AM »
Platinum achieved.... still have plenty of codes left too..

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 01, 2015, 02:59:12 AM »
Arrgh. I was doing the survey for my Wii U. Everything was actually loading up. I completed the survey and was waiting for it to finish tabulating and entering my points and then it said it was unsuccessful. And now, I just get the constant message of the site being down due to maintenance. If they shut down the service just as I was this close to getting platinum...... OOOOOOOOOOOO  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 01, 2015, 03:28:26 AM »
I wish the site was working, I had a bunch of duplicate codes to hand out to the NWR faithful.

MH3 for Wii U & 3DS
Tomodachi Life
SSB Wii U & 3DS
NSMBU
Nintendoland
SM3DLand
Pokemon X
Sing Party

at least 5 other games mostly including games on 3DS I can't think of right now.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1882 on: April 01, 2015, 03:56:25 AM »
Sort of could have guessed that on the final night of the program there would be countless people who waited until the last minute to redeem coins...

Not to say Nintendo is innocent, but the site has a history of being down at peak times and special days/nights.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1883 on: April 01, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »
this **** is frustrating.
Boooooo @ Nintendo for once again being behind the technological curve and cheaping out on servers to handle web traffic.

To be fair, why would they put money into something that they're about to kill off?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 01, 2015, 10:31:05 AM »
My leftover coins were just enough for another copy of Grill-Off with Ultrahand (WiiWare):

3136-9586-8577-9958

I've already got it, so if anyone is interested in using the code or giving it away or whatever, feel free.
Holds pretty much no value, but is a (now rare?) Club Nintendo exclusive!
NNID: ejamer

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 01, 2015, 11:07:21 AM »
The Club Nintendo Elite Rewards have been posted: http://nintendoeverything.com/club-nintendo-2015-elite-status-rewards-announced/

"Hardcore gamers everywhere resounded to the heavens in 4 part harmony: 'MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' "
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 01, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »
Obvious choice is obvious: DKC Tropical Freeze
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 01, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
For me, it's a choice between Mario Kart 7, Mario Golf: World Tour, and Yoshi's New Island. I hate traditional golf, the Mario Kart games only have about an hour of worthwhile content each, and none of the Yoshi games have clicked with me so far. What a choice.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 01, 2015, 11:31:15 AM »
Let's be real - it's a good selection of fairly highly rated games that are a little older by now.  Pretty much exactly what anyone with common sense and basic knowledge about previous rewards should have expected.

It sucks for folks like me who already own virtually everything and folks who literally own every single title they already want - but if you were expecting something amazing... well, you must not have been around for the last 75 pages of this thread.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 01, 2015, 11:36:17 AM »
It's just really bizarre how much Wii U-only owners got shafted here: you have a choice between DKC Banana Slamma or a bunch of 4+ year old Wii games. Because I already own all those, my only choices are a bunch of mediocre games for a handheld I never play.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: April 01, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
Ugh. Man, sure enough my Wii U registration never went through and I missed out on platinum. I'd have taken Pushmo World in that case. Now I've got gold status and there is nothing there I don't already own or have two copies of already except The Mysterious Murasame Castle and I can't say I'm interested in that. Le sigh. I should have just kept trying to peck away at the game surveys. At least I was able to get two of those entered during last night's madness.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 01, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
It's just really bizarre how much Wii U-only owners got shafted here: you have a choice between DKC Banana Slamma or a bunch of 4+ year old Wii games. Because I already own all those, my only choices are a bunch of mediocre games for a handheld I never play.

Seriously, what else? Another year of Game & Wario and Wii Party U? W101 was already in the initial reward list, and none of the top selling games are going to be made available. Neither were the games released during this Club Nintendo year. Realistically it was going to be DKC and all the Nintendo published eShop games.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: April 01, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »
I'd be curious to know how many Wii U-only owners there are and how many of them achieved Elite status this year.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 01, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »
I kick myself for not reaching Platinum now.

I'm going to get Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Edit: And heavy site traffic now. Club Nintendo is going out with a bang alright.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:00:48 PM by Triforce Hermit »
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 01, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »

I'd be curious to know how many Wii U-only owners there are and how many of them achieved Elite status this year.

Technically you could do an Insanolord, only buy digital and get to Elite status, as almost all third party Wii U eShop releases gave out coins. I got coins when I bought my digital copies of Revelations and NBA 2k13.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 01, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
*could*... but how many are that nutso?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 01, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
I'm happier with the rewards this year than last, but that's just a function of me owning fewer of the games being offered.  Overall, I'm pretty happy getting Tropical Freeze for free. Prices for that game never dropped far enough to convince me to buy... but it's probably something I'll enjoy.

To anyone who already owns all the games they want from what's listed, sincere condolences. We all kind of knew it would work this way, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing for you. On the upside, you can probably sell or trade your prize with a fairly low amount of effort.

And to people who waited until the final hours to try and enter codes and then didn't make the cut, derisive laughter. Seriously: you knew the deadline long in advance, but trusted Nintendo to keep servers alive and responsive until the last minute? Anyone who frequents the forums here should be smart enough to know better.
 ;)
NNID: ejamer

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 01, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »
Sheeeeeeeee-it, I don't want any of those platinum rewards. I would have jumped at Kid Icarus Uprising but no dice. NES Remix 2 seems like a waste given how much it costs, and Ultimate for 3DS seemed like it missed the mark on being the definite Remix game. I probably would have gone for Game and Wario on WiiU if that was included, given these options.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1898 on: April 01, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
Maybe I'll get Mario Kart 7 or NSMB2 so my brother can do co-op with me.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline terribledeli

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: April 01, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »
I was hoping Donkey Kong: Original Edition would have shown up.

Nothing for me, but there are a few things the missus would like.
NNID: terribledeli
3DSFC: 0645-5771-9850